914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/11/22 1:34 p.m.

My son just called, he's driving home after a staff meeting in the City. 

They rolled out 16 pallets of wine, that's 168 cases and said "$2 a bottle, no limit".  Ian bought 10 cases. SWMBO bought two from him, he gave two to his tax guy.  There was also a pallet of  free "Take this back to your people and see what they think, should we carry it?"   Ian grabbed a bottle from the Adobe Winery for me.  Only because of the owner's race history and shape of the bottle.  Shift is the name, top of the bottle is a shift pattern on a knob.

I have two photos but cannot load them for some reason, this is off the website.  Shift is $63/bottle but I'd buy it just for the cool bottle.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/11/22 1:38 p.m.

lucky dog!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/22 2:07 p.m.

Tell Ian we're coming over. 

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
2/11/22 2:35 p.m.

That Shift bottle is killer.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/11/22 3:10 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I can hook you up.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/11/22 5:24 p.m.

I have a bottle of that on my shelf.  It is pretty good.  The bottle is the best though.  I am saving it for my car guy father when he comes to visit.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
2/11/22 5:24 p.m.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody MegaDork
2/11/22 5:53 p.m.

The last time I paid $2 for a bottle it was Country roads apple wine and I drank it right out of the bottle sitting around a small fire in a field that's now a major mall. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/11/22 5:56 p.m.

That shift bottle is awesome. I looked for it online though, and it appears to be for people in a higher tax bracket than me. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/11/22 8:03 p.m.

$63/bottle isn't my bracket either. (though Domaine Serene @ $80 is my favorite).   I wonder if you reached out to the Vineyard, could you buy empty bottles?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/11/22 8:06 p.m.

I can't make a link from my phone but google Kevin Buckler.  He's an owner.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/12/22 2:31 p.m.
914Driver said:

$63/bottle isn't my bracket either. (though Domaine Serene @ $80 is my favorite).   I wonder if you reached out to the Vineyard, could you buy empty bottles?

Just depends on how much you're drinking. devil

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/12/22 3:13 p.m.

I won't ever drink them (2.5 yrs sober) but I'd love to have one of each of those for the man cave/ shop. Awesome display pieces.

I'd be interested in buying empties after you've enjoyed the contents, as well

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/22 4:21 p.m.

I'm also loving the Shift bottle.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
2/12/22 5:30 p.m.

I know the local distributor here in Michigan.  Next time I see him I will ask if has empties after tastings he does.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ijCy270BTGp5TiQ4KOLz7r5tP9PjnVIjtPt3CLpnFe45gz1q8Vgc8mt1lHmOhklk