1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/2/24 11:37 a.m.
yupididit said:
aircooled said:

Another one honoring a (former) member:

Did anyone send this to him? I think he'd love it. 

I did not.  If someone has his email, please do.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/2/24 11:47 a.m.

In reply to etifosi :

lol, so you are saying that it watches this sight and heard me complain about it not drawing the Nike swoosh on the doors and the lack of tail fins?

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
2/2/24 12:20 p.m.

How does it learn? Us, right? Might not this here place be the most recent location that meatsacks have left breadcrumbs for it to scrape up and serve back to them but even better? 

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
2/2/24 12:23 p.m.

VolvoHeretic
2/2/24 12:40 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I do and will. (Edit: If I can find it.)

VolvoHeretic
2/2/24 2:41 p.m.

Sorry, I can't find the email i contacted him with.

VolvoHeretic
2/2/24 11:52 p.m.

So, here is my latest idea for a vertical takeoff flying bass boat. I want this with 4 electric horizontal fans facing up, two sticking out diagonally on spares from the front and two from the rear of the wing root. I would remove the front engine and replace it with a battery pac and the wings would fold down when landed with floats on the tips with wheels in the ends, for water or land. 

Cessna T337C Turbo Super Skymaster twin tandem engine airplane with 4 electric horizontal fans facing up mounted on wing painted candy apple red

VolvoHeretic
2/3/24 9:56 a.m.

Cessna T337C Turbo Super Skymaster. Courtesy of Wikipedia.org

Cessna T337C Turbo Super Skymaster airplane vertical takeoff flying bass boat. I want this with 4 electric horizontal fans facing up, two sticking out diagonally on spares from the front and two from the rear of the wing root. Half of the wings will fold down when landing with floats on the tips with wheels in the ends, for water or land.

Well, this isn't going to fit in my double car garage door. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/3/24 10:12 a.m.

Not cars, but pets - there's an article in today's Minneapolis Star-Tribune about a local man who's set up a side gig making AI portraits of people's dogs.  They're pretty nice.  From the article:

Making an AI-created dog portrait usually takes Henderson about three hours. Starting with a photograph of the pet, he enters a description into the AI program Midjourney, specifying the dog's breed or mix of breeds, its size and coloration and details about its markings, body type, personality characteristics — energetic, serene, etc. — and gives instructions on the dog's surroundings. He instructs the program to make the picture in the style of the national park posters created around 1940 by human artists in the Works Progress Administration.

He often has to adjust the prompts and try again.

"Sometimes you have to keep running it, and you have to keep tweaking your wording," he said. "Sometimes it can go fairly quickly, and sometimes it can be kind of painful."

He adds finishing touches by hand, including borders and type, and prints the pictures on expensive art-print paper using an ink-jet printer. The 13- by 19-inch prints are priced at $250 apiece (plus tax and shipping).

You can read the whole article at https://www.startribune.com/eden-prairie-photographer-creates-portraits-of-dogs-using-ai/600340503/

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
2/3/24 11:38 a.m.

I love the dog posters ,

BUT this guy was an artist before he started with Ai , 

I feel like a hack compared to what some of you have produced  with this , 

But its fun :)

PS , and I will try the prompt "in the style of the national park posters "

VolvoHeretic
2/3/24 1:22 p.m.

Here's a rough concept sketch of the Cessna, fits in a 32'x10' garage door.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
2/3/24 2:17 p.m.

VolvoHeretic
2/3/24 6:14 p.m.

If my handle was FerrariHeretic...

wide angle view of lowered road racer Ferrari 250 GTO with wide wheels and tires. Front aerodynamic splitter and rear downforce wing along with lower body skirting. Painted translucent candy apple red sprayed over brilliant white base coat.

VolvoHeretic
2/3/24 6:26 p.m.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
2/3/24 9:03 p.m.

"Ah, what a lovely, happy scene, a nice field full of partyin' people and a cheerful flowery vee dub van, and WHAT IN THE JOHN CARPENTER THING IS THAT AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

VolvoHeretic
2/3/24 9:08 p.m.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Dork
2/3/24 9:13 p.m.

Yes definitely and Alien.

Even the dog looks a little freaked out

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
2/3/24 9:28 p.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

I think the AI has dropped to much acid. 

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
2/3/24 10:00 p.m.

don't look too hard at the dog either... 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/24 11:33 a.m.

In reply to Jay_W :

It's these photos that I live for. 

I need my book to do well enough to buy a DTG shirt print system and start printing these AI atrocities on hats and shirts 

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD Reader
2/4/24 12:03 p.m.

sometimes its gets it soooo wrong that its perfect like that thing farting on a house?

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD Reader
2/4/24 3:24 p.m.

The day after Canada runs out of maple syrup 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
2/4/24 4:03 p.m.

I'm having difficulty getting it to generate images of either real people or characters.   Inanimate objects go through (badly, most of the time) but it's frustrating not being able to do mashups of dramatic characters...

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/24 4:33 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

Real people are pretty hard to do with generated AI, although it can get really interesting with some of the AI image modification apps. 

VolvoHeretic
2/4/24 4:47 p.m.

I typed in: "Photo Real Image of a Road Racer car show with realistic looking people." and got this. (I probably should have said, "Photo Realistic".)

1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UXyKzRXSzElPKlPk5Wo0C7xVPm5PH8KV0YI9rJh1WDLAFeHIXbg7jzj0A51dAcTD