1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/11/12 7:12 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Converted Saiga:
No offense, but I hate the tapco stocks and I really loathe the position of the trigger on that "conversion."
Yep, too much Crapco junk on it. I like to keep my rifles less super-hella-tactical.

The idea is to go tactical.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd Reader
12/11/12 7:15 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: American Handguns, Cheaper Than Dirt, Rifleman, CZ-USA, Guns & Ammo, Sinclair...

What, no Shotgun News?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/11/12 7:35 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

He actually named it. The "Storm Rifle" was the worlds first true assault rifle. He had halted production at one point and then authorized it again later. LOADS of politics revolved around the production of this particular weapon and it really did change the way everyone armed their soldiers for the battle field.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
12/11/12 7:43 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Anti-stance wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Converted Saiga:
No offense, but I hate the tapco stocks and I really loathe the position of the trigger on that "conversion."
Yep, too much Crapco junk on it. I like to keep my rifles less super-hella-tactical.
The idea is to go tactical.

Whatever you do with that, don't go around real Kalashnikov collectors with that crap. They may not say anything about that Crapco stuff to you, but they will be laughing on the inside.

Crapco is the gun equivalent to the ricer aisle at Autozone

Will
Will Dork
12/11/12 8:02 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote: Some woman turned in a WWII Sturmgewehr 44 at a police buy back of guns in Connecticut . The rifle is worth north of $30,000, people normally get a Walmart gift card for $50-100 for guns turned in.

From what I saw, one of the cops recognized it for what it was, and the department is letting her sell it for fair market value.

Would have been a damn shame to see that one get crushed.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
12/11/12 8:16 p.m.

In reply to Will:

That is pretty cool.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/11/12 8:22 p.m.

So, when can I expect the first issue of GRF to hit the shelves?

I'm sensing a market opportunity here. Mosin is the answer.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/11/12 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Grizz:

That is not a bad idea actually. Can cover builds, budget weapons, competitions, home gunsmithing stuff and reviews.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/11/12 9:26 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Whatever you do with that, don't go around real Kalashnikov collectors with that crap. They may not say anything about that Crapco stuff to you, but they will be laughing on the inside. Crapco is the gun equivalent to the ricer aisle at Autozone

Not really my problem, now is it?

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/11/12 9:32 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

That was actually my first thought as well.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/11/12 9:50 p.m.

We would have to come up with our own equivalent of the challenge

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/11/12 9:58 p.m.

So, Mosin = Miata, Remington 700 PPS = P71, Colt 1911 = Cherokee?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/12/12 10:25 a.m.

So then the SIG Pro is like the 944?

What would be the grm equivalent of the AK and AR?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/12/12 10:26 a.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

teh E36M3?

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/12/12 11:35 a.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas:

berkeley

FAL would equal the E36 M3

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/12/12 11:40 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Yamaha, not to get political, and Rebel may disagree, but being that buying American gun parts for conversions is good for the economy, so I wouldn't expect anyone to change laws regarding that. Secondly, I've read the treaty and all it will really add is more paperwork for the foreign weapons. The increase in price is debatable, but the main purpose is to keep guns out of the hands of those we haven't been keeping a close enough eye on. Really trying not to get too political, so I'll end it there.

I'm referring to the off chance they impose bans again.....I doubt this as the firearms industry is one of the few that is doing well.

The good news is, DSA makes everything for the metric FAL in the US, the bad news is.....they're based in Illinois.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/12/12 11:42 a.m.

the FAL is on my want list though a PTR 91 will be in my safe come January as I already have 20 mags waiting at home for it and it will be my birthday present to myself.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/12/12 11:43 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: What would be the grm equivalent of the AK and AR?

Well, the AK gets used everywhere for everything, gets beat on and still works so I'm guessing wrx or something. There isn't a motorsport out there without a Subaru in it.

I dunno bout the AR.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/12/12 11:47 a.m.
Grizz wrote: I dunno bout the AR.

Hmm... does the same thing as the Subaru, but costs 3 times as much...

Audi Quattro?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
12/12/12 11:49 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: So, Mosin = Miata, Remington 700 PPS = P71, Colt 1911 = Cherokee?

No way, the Mosin would be the P71. Why? It's a gun that's only real feature is how cheap it is.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
12/12/12 11:55 a.m.
Grizz wrote:
Well, the AK gets used everywhere for everything, gets beat on and still works so I'm guessing wrx or something. There isn't a motorsport out there without a Subaru in it. I dunno bout the AR.

i would've said toyota hilux

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/12/12 11:57 a.m.

In reply to Strizzo:

Actually now that I think of it I think the Hilux fits the AK best. Damn near impossible to kill.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/12/12 12:00 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Yamaha, not to get political, and Rebel may disagree, but being that buying American gun parts for conversions is good for the economy, so I wouldn't expect anyone to change laws regarding that. Secondly, I've read the treaty and all it will really add is more paperwork for the foreign weapons. The increase in price is debatable, but the main purpose is to keep guns out of the hands of those we haven't been keeping a close enough eye on. Really trying not to get too political, so I'll end it there.
I'm referring to the off chance they impose bans again.....I doubt this as the firearms industry is one of the few that is doing well. The good news is, DSA makes everything for the metric FAL in the US, the bad news is.....they're based in Illinois.

Oh yea, bans won't happen, but I'd put money on the UN treaty being signed making it harder to export weapons. It will effect prices. It may make US made firearms cheaper though...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/12/12 12:02 p.m.
Strizzo wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Well, the AK gets used everywhere for everything, gets beat on and still works so I'm guessing wrx or something. There isn't a motorsport out there without a Subaru in it. I dunno bout the AR.
i would've said toyota hilux

I'm agreeing with Hilux. Cheap and easy to maintain. hard to destroy.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
12/12/12 12:12 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: So, Mosin = Miata, Remington 700 PPS = P71, Colt 1911 = Cherokee?

No, the 1911 would be the GM pickup truck. Longest lasting, most dependable firearm at the range.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SGwXM2JcDYemFo7UNOcbF2Xdnm8DkYqJ9By2eQ2WQk9JuWKdbKPnsjZwAcxnbyUk