1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/13/11 9:55 p.m.

Re: Series 2...

Opinions on Special Stage 7 being included? My first thought is that it would be fun for the MX-5 cup were the cars are basically going to be the same... a 14 mile bump draft session; but then I thought about the Small Bore Cup. If any 1 car has a top end advantage it would make for a really boring race for everyone.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/13/11 10:21 p.m.

I am not sure that there will be a top end advantage if the transmission is free. It really comes down to gearing (since HP should be pretty similar). You just have to decide if you want to gear for the draft.

BradLTL
2/14/11 9:36 a.m.

Ok, pictures finally... have to admit they are a bit half-a$$ed...

Tokyo R246

Tokyo R246_2

Tokyo R246_1

Tokyo R246_6

Tokyo R246_8

Tokyo R246_11

Tokyo R246_12

Tokyo R246_15

Tokyo R246_14

On to the CM race... As aircooled described, "aggressive"... Tokyo R246_17

Tokyo R246_19

Tokyo R246_20

Tokyo R246_24

Tokyo R246_23

Tokyo R246_25

Tokyo R246_27

Tokyo R246_28

Tokyo R246_29

BradLTL
2/14/11 10:03 a.m.

Standings...

BradLTL
2/14/11 2:03 p.m.

Ok, I reviewed the standings.... the last round is going to be interesting!

The only driver to lose points because of a drop is aircooled. His 4th place finish in GRM and 3rd place finish in CM from this last week are his lowest finishes for the year. That is impressive inaugural season, on the down side, here are the standings corrected with his point drops....

5 point margin heading into the final event!

Also, will take the opportunity to remind everyone that it has been moved to WEDNESDAY by popular demand.

Admin Spreadsheet with drops shown

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/14/11 5:18 p.m.

Did a little practice on Susuka. A word of advise here, you will definitely want to put in some practice on this one. I suspect this one will be quite a tire shredder also, there are a lot of sweeping turns and its a long course. Lap times seem to be in the 2:20 range (GRM).

Elevation changes are an added complication here. No dangerous walls of note, but I am sure there will be a few turf inspections. A couple of turns that seem difficult:

Turn 5: It's real easy to overshoot this one for some reason. It seems like you need to start turning sooner than you would think.

Turn 6 and 7: Are interesting since the approaches are pretty much a curve, so braking can be fun.

Turn 10: The "how big are your balls" corner. I am pretty sure there is no way to hit this one without braking, but how much do you slow?, check your pants... (hey, at least it has a pretty good "overslide" area)

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/14/11 5:20 p.m.

One more thing:

You are saying this next race is on Wednesday right?

I was under the impression the next series was going to be on Wednesday, not the next race. Anyway, I hope we don't loose anybody.

BradLTL
2/14/11 9:09 p.m.

The race this week (Suzuka) is on Wednesday. Basically everyone said that Wednesday was the better day for schedules.

BradLTL
2/15/11 9:56 a.m.

Wasn't someone in this thread asking about a M Coupe? One showed up in my UCD today so I picked it up. Message me and I'll send it to you.

BradLTL
2/15/11 1:21 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Did a little practice on Susuka. A word of advise here, you will definitely want to put in some practice on this one. I suspect this one will be quite a tire shredder also, there are a lot of sweeping turns and its a long course. Lap times seem to be in the 2:20 range (GRM).

I might actually be competitive this week. Ran the Seasonal Event at Suzuka in my GRM S2k figuring it would be good practice. Lap times were mid to high 20s with other cars on course.

I shouldn't share this, but I will... the weak spot for my car seems to be at the braking point going into Spoon corner (turn 8). The brake zone has a lot going on... you are coming our of a fast sweeper the opposite direction, the road tilts slightly downhill, and the road shifts to just off camber before you get to the turn in point. All of that combines to make my car a bit unstable. That, and I tend to miss my brake point causing too much steering input.

BradLTL
2/15/11 7:36 p.m.

Reminder: race has been moved to Wednesday

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/15/11 7:56 p.m.

to those who are interested- i'm gonna be in my lounge dealy practicing from now until probobly midnight or so, feel free to join. I won't be practicing the whole time, but i'll be in the room the whole time. If you can't find me under the community thing, it's because you aren't my psn friend and you need to send a request

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/15/11 8:27 p.m.

Now that I got my DNS error figured out, I want to finally join in!

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/15/11 9:20 p.m.

nevermind, it stopped working. hopefully it stays working tomorrow!

NickF40
2/15/11 10:03 p.m.

I'm so happy now that it works again for me lol I missed online

BradLTL
2/16/11 12:58 p.m.

My participation tonight is in jeopardy... sick baby and sick wife make for full hands for daddy. Wife is on her way to the doc now, hopefully they will fix her enough to watch the boy for a few minutes this evening.

I should be able to still start the room and race, just might not be able to drive.

Scott Lear
Scott Lear Production Editor
2/16/11 3:51 p.m.

I should be in, and if you can't host let me know and I can put up the room, I've got a hardline and a quick connection, though I am in a geographic corner of the world (Florida).

BradLTL
2/16/11 3:53 p.m.

I'll let you. Wife has strep.

NickF40
2/16/11 5:12 p.m.

When does it start?

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 5:44 p.m.

8pm central time.

Hey Scott, any idea when the room will be open? more warm up time is always good.

Brad- i'm sorry to hear that, strep sucks. at least it's curable in a relatively short time! It makes eating hurt,though. buuuuut that never stoped me from stuffing my face lol

NickF40
2/16/11 5:48 p.m.

haha I loved Strep for the yummy medicine they gave me Thanks, something for me to watch

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 5:50 p.m.

you're just going to watch the race? why not grab a car and join in?

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/16/11 6:09 p.m.

A request: Can we make sure and keep this to less than 2 hours. (normally not a problem) If we run over I will likely be in hot water from the other TV user in the house (I am on the west coast so 2 hours goes to 8 pm).

Should be fun. Be careful if you are following someone into turn 6 or 8 (curved approach).

BradLTL
2/16/11 6:42 p.m.

I am officially a spectator tonight.

NickF40
2/16/11 6:59 p.m.

Ok then, I guess i'll join in

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HVlJC6SluPnyKzRl6y2DAI5tJ1g8KHlINpBqYaa0DloS4SRAE7xQ31oIKYi4ZJhZ