1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 65
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/4/13 6:53 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Fueled by Caffeine wrote:
Javelin wrote: Sandy Hook left the .223 in the trunk,
Please check facts.
As a reminder to anybody discussing sandy hook, the police have not released an official report so it is difficult to know what really happened.

And we'll be waiting for a while. Welcome to ct where nothing happens fast.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/4/13 6:56 p.m.

That whole thing is kinda something hard to discuss without sounding like a cold hearted bastard, so its easier not to mention it. You want proof laws don't change anything, look at full auto......since the 30's, I believe legal full auto weapons have been used in 2 or 3 crimes.......yet they are the most heavily regulated now(they were banned because they were "scary", not for any other reason of crimes committed)

I'm serious, I just wouldn't bother even discussing anything with the guy.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/13 7:01 p.m.
Please check facts.

Sorry, that's what 100% of the news articles I read within 24 hours said. The only thing revealed otherwise is by Mother Jones, who I trust less than Richard Nixon's head.

stroker
stroker Dork
2/4/13 7:07 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron:

I know that there was some at MidwayUSA recently but it's out of stock right now:

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=WRF+ammunition

Keep an eye out as I think it's a regularly inventoried item.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/4/13 7:09 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Please check facts.
Sorry, that's what 100% of the news articles I read within 24 hours said. The only thing revealed otherwise is by Mother Jones, who I trust less than Richard Nixon's head.

No worries. We ct folks are a bit sensitive about this. One of my employees is currently building a park with statue for the 26.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/4/13 7:39 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: No worries. We ct folks are a bit sensitive about this. One of my employees is currently building a park with statue for the 26.

I see nothing wrong with being sensitive about it. Surely you probably know more about it than most here with how small the community is there.

I think that one of your employees building a park and memorial statue for the 26 is pretty damn awesome. A collective thank you is in order for this person.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/4/13 11:49 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhXPlCjr0Vw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think this guy should run for president.....

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
2/5/13 4:26 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: As a reminder to anybody discussing sandy hook, the police have not released an official report so it is difficult to know what really happened.

They did officially identify the weapons used:

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/5/13 5:37 a.m.
MCarp22 wrote:
JoeyM wrote: As a reminder to anybody discussing sandy hook, the police have not released an official report so it is difficult to know what really happened.
STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION

I should have been more clear. Yes, we know what weapons were brought to the scene. There are a lot of questions about which ones were used, and how they were used. Your link says:

Your Link said: This case remains under investigation.

Like I said, the official incident report hasn't been released. We don't know how they were used. We don't know which handgun the perp use to commit suicide, how many rounds were fired from each gun, how long the first cop(s) on site stayed outside before entering and engaging (some reports say several minutes were spent looking for shooters outside the building)....There's even talk that the high school may have been his original target

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
2/5/13 3:32 p.m.

http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-big-government/connecticut-state-police-clarify-sandy-hook-weapons-questions-005049

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/13 5:04 p.m.

Berk me, FIL is spamming my email with mounds more drivel.

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
2/5/13 5:16 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

So full auto's have been heavily regulated, and are used in few crimes, which sounds like some correlation going on. But the line from the gun lobby has still been that gun regulations don't work. So is this to be ignored as well?

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
2/5/13 5:17 p.m.

In reply to Cone_Junky:

That URL is outstanding and I am sure has zero bias on any of its pages. Texas GOP Vote dot com, slash issues slash Stop Big Government? Read it out loud, it's kind of funny sounding.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
2/5/13 5:40 p.m.

In reply to pres589: It sure can't be lumped with the "liberal media"

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/5/13 5:48 p.m.
pres589 wrote: In reply to yamaha: So full auto's have been heavily regulated, and are used in few crimes, which sounds like some correlation going on. But the line from the gun lobby has still been that gun regulations don't work. So is this to be ignored as well?

The point was, so called heavy regulation didn't occur before 1986. Laws outlawing modern production for civilian ownership were passed without any reason to do so......my post was pointing at the irrational thinking of "Let's ban them, they scary" not because they were a problem.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/5/13 6:18 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
pres589 wrote: In reply to yamaha: So full auto's have been heavily regulated, and are used in few crimes, which sounds like some correlation going on. But the line from the gun lobby has still been that gun regulations don't work. So is this to be ignored as well?
The point was, so called heavy regulation didn't occur before 1986. Laws outlawing modern production for civilian ownership were passed without any reason to do so......my post was pointing at the irrational thinking of "Let's ban them, they scary" not because they were a problem.

Your original post was clear and concise to me, but then I'm not grasping at anything to be a reason to ban weapons

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/5/13 6:26 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg: Thank you, I might have been in a hurry or drunk when I typed it.....but I thought it was pretty self explanatory if you had seen the previous posts about why I wouldn't support the NRA.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/6/13 9:23 a.m.

I will lay it out for the english-challenged in the crowd:

Full-auto firearms were used in ~2-3 crimes from the 1940's until the ban in 1986. The ban was to stop 2-3 crimes in 40+ years technically. So the main reason was because they were "scary".

So no, gun bans have not made a difference.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/6/13 9:33 a.m.

I am pretty sure the AWB is DOA. Now can every one stop hoarding ammo. This is getting ridiculous

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/6/13 9:37 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I am pretty sure the AWB is DOA. Now can every one stop hoarding ammo. This is getting ridiculous

Be prepared to see a bunch of cheap AR's around before you see ammunition. Flippin retards.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/6/13 9:40 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: I am pretty sure the AWB is DOA. Now can every one stop hoarding ammo. This is getting ridiculous
Be prepared to see a bunch of cheap AR's around before you see ammunition. Flippin retards.

I'd take that. I could use a $500 AR because the market is flooded with them.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/6/13 9:49 a.m.

I thought you wanted a man's man's rifle, not a girly man's rifle.....

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/6/13 9:55 a.m.
yamaha wrote: I thought you wanted a man's man's rifle, not a girly man's rifle.....

for the right price? I'll buy one just to play with. I'd still prefer an M1A but they'll always be over a grand.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/6/13 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Find a Norinco M14......they're more accurate to the original battle rifle than the current Springfield "M1A"......Used to see them for under $600 every once and awhile.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/6/13 11:25 a.m.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57567899/bruce-willis-says-hes-against-new-gun-control-laws/

1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UvWE5VURNwZa2QYzLfkrmLSxQmErpuSGDv8MdPsAkF6DtTB5mgr7Ke1U2wvGh5MW