1 2 3
RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
6/5/12 5:47 p.m.

Glad to hear you are OK, Larry. The rain has been nasty lately.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
6/5/12 6:21 p.m.

"Increasing the national seat belt use rate to 90 percent from the current 68 percent would prevent and estimated 5,536 fatalities, 132,670 injuries and save the nation $8.8 billion annually.

We all pay for those who do not wear seat belts. The higher health care and insurance costs that result from unbelted drivers and passengers involved in crashes get passed along to everyone. For example, the costs of hospital care for an unbelted driver are 50 percent higher than those for a driver who was wearing a safety belt. Society bears 85 percent of those costs, not the individuals involved."

Sounds likes a legit reason to me

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry HalfDork
6/5/12 9:12 p.m.

After realizing how much worse I could have been.. this one happened about 15 miles down the road.

Driver Drifted, then Collided

Kinda makes it hit home a little more now.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/5/12 9:18 p.m.

Many automotive deaths are attributable to rear seat passengers not wearing belts. Not only do they endanger themselves they become projectiles in the car. And as was stated, when you are using the steering wheel to hold yourself in place you are compromising your ability to control the car thereby putting yourself at greater risk.

I am glad you were able to have the opportunity to positively learn from this. Pass the word. Live longer.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P9Q2q3rTVbuooVSGAVCbpclk2PhgNP55moSmkaHliQTY8NweLJNYyWgHICS8Syl1