1 2 3 4 5
pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
5/25/17 8:28 a.m.

It still does not seem real, everytime that I pull into the driveway I expect to see her weeding the garden, sitting in the sun etc. I don't believe that I will ever truly accept it, it will just get farther away with time.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
5/25/17 9:28 a.m.

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Stay strong Braden.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/17 9:34 a.m.

I am so sorry. . . Don't know what to say other than we are here for you. Don't expect to make peace with it fast. The process of healing takes time.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
5/25/17 10:03 a.m.

When I saw this thread pop back up again I never expected to read something so bad. Sorry for your loss Braden.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/25/17 12:01 p.m.

Dude, that is horrible. I am sorry for your loss.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/25/17 12:06 p.m.

I have no words except I am very sorry for your loss.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
5/25/17 12:24 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

I am at a loss for words. I hope you can find peace.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/17 12:47 p.m.

Ugh. That's horrible.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/25/17 12:53 p.m.

So sorry to hear this Braden.

My estranged father is an addict and part of me has been preparing myself for that phone call or police visit for years.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
5/25/17 12:54 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I was just prescribed some narcotic pain medication yesterday for my back. I'm looking forward to my new heroin addiction.

Do NOT throw the empty med containers or patient instruction literature in your trash. Take the labels off the bottles and burn or shred them.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/17 12:54 p.m.

In reply to Ian F:

Edited my original post after reading the newer comments. Didn't seem right to talk about opiod insensitivity anymore.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
5/25/17 1:30 p.m.

Braden, so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/17 2:04 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: I have no words except I am very sorry for your loss.

It's not that you don't have words; there are no words.

Sorry for your loss.

Don49
Don49 HalfDork
5/25/17 2:43 p.m.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
5/25/17 4:43 p.m.

Religion is no longer cutting it as the opiate of the masses, so the real thing is being piped in to do the job

You cant really have a coherent population involved in the running of a country or democracy as we know it will break down!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/25/17 5:34 p.m.

And in no less jarring news, two philedelphia halfway house workers are found dead after overdosing on a combo of heroin and fentanyl. Damn big pharma you scary

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
5/26/17 7:27 a.m.

Thanks for the thoughts, just knowing that people care is good. MNDSM, I am awaiting the autopsy report but I suspect that Fentanyl is what poleaxed my lady.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
5/26/17 10:30 a.m.

Late to this story, but in Dayton OH it's become a major thing. Like national news visiting us to do stories...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/17 10:32 a.m.

For a drug dealer, someone ODing on your drugs is powerful advertising. It's a beacon to other potential customers that you have "the good E36 M3." So they intentionally spike other drugs with fentanyl to cause ODs.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/26/17 10:54 a.m.

I just saw this linked on Reddit. Apparently a big reason for heroin's comeback is/was the defeat of the Taliban in Afghanistan. Talk about unintended consequences.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
5/26/17 11:32 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: I just saw this linked on Reddit. Apparently a big reason for heroin's comeback is/was the defeat of the Taliban in Afghanistan. Talk about unintended consequences.

Yea it's a bit ironic isn't it? Added to the fact that we have actually not tried to curtail growing poppies. They have to have some source of income.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/26/17 12:44 p.m.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I was just prescribed pain killers for my broken arm. I got off them very quickly as I don't want to get stuck on that horse. It just sounds like a rough road that's hard to leave. My condolences.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
5/26/17 9:23 p.m.

Sorry for your loss. It is truly an epidemic that is poorly understood by the majority of the country. We take care of Foster kids and the sheer number of kids with both parents gone due to H or Fentanyl is staggering.

We couldn't decide how to handle the recent offer from the county to teach our kiddos how to administer Narcan.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
5/26/17 9:29 p.m.

Feeling for you brother, stay strong.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/26/17 10:15 p.m.
pilotbraden wrote: Thanks for the thoughts, just knowing that people care is good. MNDSM, I am awaiting the autopsy report but I suspect that Fentanyl is what poleaxed my lady.

If you aren't too hard about it, I'd like to know as well. Apparently a police officer oversized recently just getting some on him. Scary E36 M3.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BwnTUUA9FQNHtIvrhm4oJHADGqUzeCXoOSdRH2tzln23Dd5BYWgK3WLUuVZZfh53