1 2 3 4
slefain
slefain UberDork
8/26/15 10:09 a.m.

Multiple sources tell CBS News the suspect in the Virginia TV crew shooting was a coworker.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/26/15 10:10 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I think it was either a hit/stalker or some total loon just out to kill at random. Someone looking to kill reporters specifically would have a really hard time figuring out where one is going to show up (especially to something boring like this), while you can easily find out where their offices are.

Do you use social media or watch the news? It's very easy to figure out where these people are going to be.

friend is a camera guy for a local TV station

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/26/15 10:11 a.m.

Kind request:

Please do not use the suspect / shooters name.

It's horrible to think that this guy will be more well know then the people he killed.

I think referring him to as the "a-hole" would be just fine.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
8/26/15 10:20 a.m.

Taken too early. RIP.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/15 10:22 a.m.

CNN says suspect posted video of the shooting on his own Facebook page stating that the reporter that he killed had made racial remarks toward him.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/15 10:24 a.m.
z31maniac wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: I think it was either a hit/stalker or some total loon just out to kill at random. Someone looking to kill reporters specifically would have a really hard time figuring out where one is going to show up (especially to something boring like this), while you can easily find out where their offices are.
Do you use social media or watch the news? It's very easy to figure out where these people are going to be. *friend is a camera guy for a local TV station*

Fair point. I forgot that every media personality has to blab about everything they're doing all the time these days

johndej
johndej Reader
8/26/15 10:30 a.m.

yeah, it's being reported he was wearing a go-pro and posted the video, on air A-hole went by a different name.

GameboyRMH
8/26/15 10:33 a.m.

Video is here if you have the stomach to view it...

Edit: Link removed. if you really want to see it, it's on LiveLeak.

Not sure if I'm going to view it myself.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/26/15 10:38 a.m.

Doesn't show much more than the news broadcast did.

Still an overwhelming since of dread seeing the gun come into the picture.

GameboyRMH
8/26/15 10:41 a.m.

I was really hoping it was fake...really takes a special kind of sicko to do that. I'll say +1 for not mentioning the shooter's name since he was seeking notoriety.

slefain
slefain UberDork
8/26/15 10:43 a.m.

It is done, the coward shot himself. At least he saved us the cost of a trial and the injection.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/26/15 10:44 a.m.

Sounds like the a-hole shot himself.

Better then a trail, but he clearly got the order wrong.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
8/26/15 10:48 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

I'd remove the link personally, its obviously what this degenerate piece of garbage wanted....

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
8/26/15 10:53 a.m.
aircooled wrote: Kind request: Please do not use the suspect / shooters name. It's horrible to think that this guy will be more well know then the people he killed. I think referring him to as the "a-hole" would be just fine.

I've said this about far too many tragic occurances, so you'll get nothing but agreement from me.

loosecannon
loosecannon HalfDork
8/26/15 10:58 a.m.

I agree with everybody who doesn't want the shooters name used. So many of these shiny happy people just want to have their name known and if society stops giving them what they want, maybe future shiny happy people will find another way

Enyar
Enyar Dork
8/26/15 11:01 a.m.

Scary, this could happen to anyone. In fact this happened to someone that works at the same accounting firm my wife used to work for, albeit a different office.

2nd amendment debate thread in 3...2...1...

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
8/26/15 11:01 a.m.
slefain wrote: It is done, the coward shot himself. At least he saved us the cost of a trial and the injection.

Good

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
8/26/15 11:26 a.m.
Enyar wrote: 2nd amendment debate thread in 3...2...1...

No need unless some shiny happy person starts it.....

slefain
slefain UberDork
8/26/15 11:27 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote:
slefain wrote: It is done, the coward shot himself. At least he saved us the cost of a trial and the injection.
Good

Nevermind, apparently he screwed up offing himself. You'd think the first responders could have gone for a coffee or something.

"Is he dead yet Phil?"

"Nope, still moving a bit..."

"Frappachino?"

"You bet!"

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
8/26/15 11:33 a.m.

In reply to slefain:

I just caught that too......wtf?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/26/15 11:33 a.m.

In reply to slefain:

keep him alive just long enough that a family member has to pull the plug on him. Sorry, that'd be a terrible thing for the a-hole's family member to have to endure, but i'm having a terrible week.

G. P. Snorklewacker
G. P. Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/26/15 11:36 a.m.

Wait, so ... he lived? Good. I've always considered life in prison a worse punishment than quick death.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
8/26/15 11:43 a.m.

In reply to G. P. Snorklewacker:

Preferably without arms and legs....

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/26/15 1:18 p.m.

They are reporting he is dead...

...sad to say, best news this morning...

...burn in hell you piece of sh$t.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/26/15 1:46 p.m.
Enyar wrote: Scary, this could happen to anyone. In fact this happened to someone that works at the same accounting firm my wife used to work for, albeit a different office. 2nd amendment debate thread in 3...2...1...

How about the first amendment? Looks like we are going to have to suspend it too.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sDB8tZxy2MMs0hdGGIHuYW6VaLNHmO0nxGR9HCoL3ttq8GYHwkSgmfG19KaTYeV0