peabodysc
peabodysc New Reader
1/28/13 7:02 p.m.

Saw this on Jalopnik, my definition is massive stupidity that deserves a license to walk, but maybe I'm just an old fart. What say yea: http://jalopnik.com/5979546/the-cops-and-4chan-are-onto-the-idiots-who-shut-down-an-oakland-highway-for-donuts

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/13 7:26 p.m.

Once again I find myself morally aligned with Anonymous. These guys could have done donuts in an empty parking lot but they chose a highway like they're in Dubai or something. Hopefully they'll get the book thrown at them.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/28/13 7:36 p.m.

dumb.

if someone pulls that crap in front of me i'll drive right into the middle of their donut fest with my dually and take pics of all their license plates

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
1/28/13 7:42 p.m.

Parking lot is one thing, hoon on. In the middle of my street? Jail for all.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/28/13 7:54 p.m.

Lock 'em up for a weekend and crush their cars.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
1/28/13 8:12 p.m.

Had I seen these shiny happy people doing this with 10 folks recording it I would have driven directly into them and let them smash up my car. They would have been at fault, bashed up their cars, and it would have all been caught on tape conveniently for the judge.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/28/13 8:31 p.m.

I am just wondering why all the people on the left are stopped. Just go. There are 3 open lanes. Maybe they got bored in a traffic jam and decided to blow off steam?

Whatever. The world is full of bigger fish to fry.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/13 9:19 p.m.

things like that make me wish I still drove commercial. Just imagine the looks on the ricer's faces when a rig starts pushing through their little donut fest

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/28/13 9:42 p.m.

Stupid. It hit 70 degrees here in The Lou today. The street kings were out on my way home. Passed them up. They were doing wheelies and stopping traffic for about a half mile.

drsmooth
drsmooth Reader
1/29/13 12:22 a.m.

In Saudi Arabia a woman shows her ankle and she is sentenced to 1000 lashes. But this seems to be ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGt0RnZcO88&feature=endscreen&NR=1

They should lift the ban on alcohol. Give the kids there something constructive to do.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
1/29/13 12:31 a.m.

stoopid

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
1/29/13 12:53 a.m.

If I had to wait for these asshats after a long day of work, I'd drive the 4Runner right through the middle of them.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/29/13 5:43 a.m.

They'll never catch me, I reomved my plates! Oops, oh.... wait. Rats.

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
1/29/13 7:55 a.m.
drsmooth wrote: In Saudi Arabia a woman shows her ankle and she is sentenced to 1000 lashes. But this seems to be ok. video of Saudis drifting around school buses and tankers
PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
1/29/13 7:58 a.m.

Wait,

So someone drives like an a-hole in rush hour traffic, causes a minor fender bender, stops in the middle of the road to wait for the police to arrive, stops traffic for hours, and gets off with a minor infraction...yet these guys deserve to have their cars crushed?

I would've wanted to watch, laugh, point, and watched as the cops chased them, but I wouldn't track them down on the internet. Leave that to the police. Or let the police pay me for my information.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
1/29/13 8:20 a.m.
patgizz wrote: dumb. if someone pulls that crap in front of me i'll drive right into the middle of their donut fest with my dually and take pics of all their license plates

You're very nice. I'd pull in the middle of them with my dually and start ramming my way through!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
1/29/13 8:27 a.m.

Guys are idiots for sure.

For all the people ramming them or driving into them to let them hit you. They would not necessarily be at fault just for doing something wrong in the first place.

Same idea as when people block an intersection trying to make a green (then red) light. You can't just run into them and say "I had the right of way".

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
1/29/13 8:32 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Lock 'em up for a weekend and donate their cars to my challenge effort.

ftfy

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
1/29/13 10:16 a.m.
Greg Voth wrote: For all the people ramming them or driving into them to let them hit you.

Recognize the internet tough-guy faux chest beatings for what they are.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
1/29/13 10:39 a.m.
Greg Voth wrote: Same idea as when people block an intersection trying to make a green (then red) light. You can't just run into them and say "I had the right of way".

No, but I can switch my CB over to the PA speaker and publicly mock them. :)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/29/13 11:41 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Greg Voth wrote: Same idea as when people block an intersection trying to make a green (then red) light. You can't just run into them and say "I had the right of way".
No, but I can switch my CB over to the PA speaker and publicly mock them. :)

I need to hook the PA back up in the F150. I once accidentally left the PA switched on and the weather alert went off. Needless to say everyone knew about the impending doom of a Midwest storm.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
1/29/13 12:10 p.m.
drsmooth wrote: In Saudi Arabia a woman shows her ankle and she is sentenced to 1000 lashes. But this seems to be ok. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGt0RnZcO88&feature=endscreen&NR=1 They should lift the ban on alcohol. Give the kids there something constructive to do.

Drifting a front-wheel drive honda land-yacht. Now that's impressive.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/29/13 6:20 p.m.
PHeller wrote: ...yet these guys deserve to have their cars crushed?

Sure, California has been doing it for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exgEkySxDFc

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
1/29/13 10:31 p.m.
drsmooth wrote: In Saudi Arabia a woman shows her ankle and she is sentenced to 1000 lashes. But this seems to be ok. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGt0RnZcO88&feature=endscreen&NR=1 They should lift the ban on alcohol. Give the kids there something constructive to do.

I'm pretty sure thats not at all ok there if you get caught doing it. As far as the people in oakland, yeah they are dumb, but people do things far more dangerous everyday and don't get caught and no one even thinks about it again, so I'm not sure its worth spending the time to figure out who they are and do anything to them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xN5gnTuNMOcUx2uWGWflzpKoOuYn3IGero21L726PHRwcu2Pyg4YFPZkATYAnd9E