1 2 3 4
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/20/13 4:55 p.m.

I did 1150 miles in a little over 14 hours towing a trailer. The original plan was, drive to Palm Springs and pick up a Jeep. Then switch drivers and come home. As soon as we started loading the Jeep, I get a call that my wife is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. My van, I drove home. I'm surprised the van survived the trip. Fuel economy was particularly bad at 7.2mpg. I usually got 11-12mpg towing. I pushed it pretty hard. Falling asleep wasn't an issue on that trip.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/20/13 6:16 p.m.

My longest ever stretch was 20 hours alone behind the wheel, following a three hour nap in the car after already driving six hours. Never want to do that again. 10 hours alone down to FL and back for the launch of Curiosity wasn't so bad.

beans
beans Reader
6/21/13 10:21 a.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote: 17 hours from Steamboat Springs CO to Bakersfield via Arches, Canyonlands, and the Grand Canyon. berkeleying gorgeous drive, thought I had another five in me to get back to SLO, but called it a (brief) night at a rest stop.

For my Phoenix to Jackson Hole trip, I took the backroads east of the mountains in Utah instead of the freeway. Best. Decision. Ever.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle HalfDork
6/21/13 11:53 a.m.

Raleigh to Miami was fun. It took a 14 hours because a huge forest fire diverted us to the A1A. I got an extra burst of energy in S. Florida because everyone drives 100mph and up.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
6/21/13 1:01 p.m.

I did New Jersey to Iowa in one shot. I think that was around 19 hours straight.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
6/21/13 7:08 p.m.

Gainesville, FL to San Antonio, TX. 1,000 miles, WRX packed with everything I owned.

Won't be doing that again.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sGZsyjB5fLi4GAz5CpTMW34EFt1kYRYJ5hCYOFLSb0ViDKvI5yIc2nA0p33zLOUu