1 2
914Driver
914Driver Dork
5/15/09 6:01 a.m.

Old GE portable 110-battery job about 5 X 7". Sits in a corner of my chubicle playing light classical; you can barely hear it but it helps me distract from the phone calls of others.

I just came in, check my messages, logged onto the computer, reached for the radio.... empty spot.

It's just weird because they had to pull the desk out a bit to unplug it AND had to yank my laptop out of the way. I'm guessing it's not a real thief, just someone that really really had to hear a game.

OK, back to work, nothing to see here....

Weird.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/15/09 6:36 a.m.

well, hopefully should not be that hard to track down...

probably show up in the breakroom

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/15/09 7:41 a.m.

Our lunches get eaten here...

akamcfly
akamcfly New Reader
5/15/09 8:19 a.m.

maybe it got 5S'd?

slefain
slefain Dork
5/15/09 8:34 a.m.
stan wrote: Our lunches get eaten here...

At my last job putting your lunch in the fridge was 50/50 on whether it would be there later.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
5/15/09 8:36 a.m.
stan wrote: Our lunches get eaten here...

we had a problem with that and put in some decoy lunches laced with laxative. It became very easy to find out who stole the lunches.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
5/15/09 8:59 a.m.

5S'd ?

The plug is a one-size-fits-all replacement, so it it turns up it's easy to identity.

cwh
cwh Dork
5/15/09 11:44 a.m.

Seems like a universal problem.. I have put CCTV cameras in lunch rooms to protect stale lunches.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/15/09 11:52 a.m.

On another forum I'm on, one of the guys had a problem with his bagels getting swiped. So he put a few "special" bagels in the break room. Bagels that he had done un-natural acts to.

They too disappeared.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
5/15/09 12:31 p.m.

A few years ago one of the cleaning crew people stole a 1:64 scale Ford pickup off my desk. It's one thing if they're rifling through secret files, but when they start fooling around with my toys it gets serious.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
5/15/09 12:32 p.m.

Is there a VHS player in the break room?

Ever hear the Urban Legend about the home that got broken into and a few months later the owner receives a VHS tape (wouldn't you think there would be a return address) but it shows some fat chick doing bad things to their toothbrushes.

Play a VHS of someone sodomizing an everything bagel during break time. Bet that slows 'em down.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/15/09 12:34 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: A few years ago one of the cleaning crew people stole a 1:64 scale Ford pickup off my desk. It's one thing if they're rifling through secret files, but when they start fooling around with my toys it gets serious.

Someone stole the "Bug of Love" Concept Matchbox car off my desk too.

akamcfly
akamcfly New Reader
5/15/09 12:37 p.m.
914Driver wrote: 5S'd ? The plug is a one-size-fits-all replacement, so it it turns up it's easy to identity.

If you don't know what 5S is, then it wasn't 5S'd.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
5/15/09 12:39 p.m.

Maybe start [playing some metal <<<<classical will Muzak you up the walls sometimes . Anybody wearing any megadeath tee shirts ?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/15/09 12:42 p.m.

A couple of guys I worked with used to bring bottles of Gatorade to work and they would invariably disappear faster than they should. So one evening we were having a service meeting, one guy said 'I just want to say to whoever drank my Gatorade today: I pissed in the bottle.' One of the other guys jumped to his feet, slapped his hand over his mouth and ran out of the room. No more problems after that.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/15/09 1:39 p.m.

In high school I filled a box drink with piss because one guy kept taking them...he knew something was up when the pressure in the box didn't feel right and the temperature was different, but he didn't try to sneak off with one of my drinks after that

914Driver
914Driver Dork
5/18/09 6:01 a.m.

Thaks for the help guys, but when I tried pissing on the radio....

I learned a new word. Continuity.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
5/18/09 6:07 a.m.

sort

set

shine

standardize

sustain

I swear I hear those words in my sleep. I need vacation

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
5/18/09 12:25 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: sort set shine standardize sustain I swear I hear those words in my sleep. I need vacation

Sounds like Wegmans. Our "simplification" 5S is: Sort, Shine, Set, Systematize, Stay (the course)

I carry a card in my wallet with the list

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
5/18/09 12:41 p.m.

Mmmmmm...... Wegmans........

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
5/18/09 1:24 p.m.

The 5 S's I learned:

Search Silence Segregate Speed Safeguard

Your radio is a prisoner of war?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
5/18/09 1:44 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: The 5 S's I learned: Search Silence Segregate Speed Safeguard Your radio is a prisoner of war?

I like Uncle Sam's 5S's better than the Kanban 5S's.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
5/18/09 2:21 p.m.

kaizen...6 sigma...kan ban...hai jun ka...pokeyoke...

Im a corporate catchphrase bingo winner

hrrmmmph...work=FTL

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
5/18/09 2:40 p.m.

This is pretty much completely unrelated, but all the "messing with drinks" stories brought this one back to light.

When working for a race team that was in the same industrial park as the local Coca Cola distributor, we had a coke vending machine in the shop. The guy came and filled it one day and for whatever reason, didn't get it locked up all the way.

The next afternoon, AFTER the guy returned to put a gigantic hasp and padlock on the machine, we found out why we all got different drinks than the button we pushed that morning.

The night before, Three of my friends were working late and realized the unlock-edness of the machine. They proceeded to unload the ENTIRE contents of the machine and then reload it. The reloading was different from random, only in that they made sure not to put the correct soda in the slot it was supposed to be in. Apparently the reloading went something like this:

guy with his face in the machinewould shout, "Blue Powerade!"

Then the other two guys would start randomly handing him anything but blue powerade until the slot was full.

It was really funny when two coke guys walked across the street when we first called (apparently the delivery driver wasn't in the area), opened the machine, and stood there agasp saying something to the effect of "What the heck was Billy thinking?!"

We got a good laugh out of it, but the coca cola delivery guy was furious!

lol, Clem

grinch77
grinch77 New Reader
5/18/09 3:45 p.m.

I let a customer use our extra bathroom that is next to my office last week and the berkeleyer stole my electric razor with the nose hair trimmer attachment.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MWeaDvgk1XvgbMtniFJ1Jfd5gxILt6BRA2gKo1GvbEGGbsRJLPinZNG2s58DN8Yc