1 2 3
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
2/27/13 2:20 p.m.
yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 2:25 p.m.

IDGAF if it does offend anyone......this is PURE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

trucke
trucke Reader
2/27/13 2:34 p.m.

Well done video! Thanks for posting. I'll be sharing this link.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
2/27/13 2:38 p.m.

When the video started I thought we were hearing a voice-over because I was sure that was a woman talking

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
2/27/13 2:42 p.m.

Oh my, that is funny and true. An AR-15 with a collapsable stock can be operated very well by small statured people. A big bore shotgun packs a hell of a wallop on the target and the user.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
2/27/13 2:51 p.m.

Let me get this straight- On multiple threads on THIS forum of "what's the best home defense weapon" I see a whole lot of replies of shotguns are the best. Joe Bidon says the same thing and he's retarded?

Then let's take a compilation of idiots who can't properly hold or fire ANY weapon (first one I believe is an elephant gun and another one a 10ga) and then one video of a woman who knows what she's is doing firing an AR.

Cherry picking for humor, what a great way to move the debate along.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/27/13 2:54 p.m.

He's retarded because he said use a double barrel shotgun, go out on the porch and fire two warning shots! Then you have an expensive club. Moron

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/27/13 2:56 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: Let me get this straight- On multiple threads on THIS forum of "what's the best home defense weapon" I see a whole lot of replies of shotguns are the best. Joe Bidon says the same thing and he's retarded? Then let's take a compilation of idiots who can't properly hold or fire ANY weapon (first one I believe is an elephant gun and another one a 10ga) and then one video of a woman who knows what she's is doing firing an AR. Cherry picking for humor, what a great way to move the debate along.

no, Joe Biden says "buy a double barrel shotgun, and if there's any trouble, shoot two warning shots (terrible idea and very much illegal, btw) off the balcony." so then when the intruder does get inside, you have an unloaded gun to defend yourself with.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/27/13 2:59 p.m.

Yup, looked like someone handed those women a gun and the only direction they gave them was, "Point this end that way and pull the trigger." Bad form on all of those. Especially liked the ones with the heels together and leaning back.

But, I can easily imagine a 12gauge being the wrong tool for someone smaller stature. I know my GF had issue firing a Glock 9mm that hadn't been broken in yet. Didn't grip it hard enough for the action to cycle properly and it kept failing to eject the brass. She had no problem with the 1911 though.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/27/13 3:02 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: Let me get this straight- On multiple threads on THIS forum of "what's the best home defense weapon" I see a whole lot of replies of shotguns are the best. Joe Bidon says the same thing and he's retarded? Then let's take a compilation of idiots who can't properly hold or fire ANY weapon (first one I believe is an elephant gun and another one a 10ga) and then one video of a woman who knows what she's is doing firing an AR. Cherry picking for humor, what a great way to move the debate along.

Lighten up, Francis. Nobody called BidEn a retard...well, not for this anyway. Although there is a lot of other evidence to support that argument.

Love the "Whiskey throttle" at 1:10.

Edit: Okay, maybe spitfireball called him a retard. Anyway, if you can't find the humor in it, take two and pass.

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
2/27/13 3:03 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: no, Joe Biden says "buy a double barrel shotgun, and if there's any trouble, shoot two warning shots (terrible idea and very much illegal, btw) off the balcony." so then when the intruder does get inside, you have an unloaded gun to defend yourself with.

But that's not obviously what the video is about. If the video was about that comment alone, it wouldn't have featured 15 ladies mishandling weapons and one successfully shooting an AR15.

So, for the purposes of the video, it failed.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
2/27/13 3:11 p.m.

Great example of the ever increasing socioeconomic gap between the citizens and the gov. Joe Biden probably honestly belies that, would do that, and if it weren't for the security detail that follows him constantly, it would get him killed.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/27/13 3:11 p.m.
PHeller wrote:
Strizzo wrote: no, Joe Biden says "buy a double barrel shotgun, and if there's any trouble, shoot two warning shots (terrible idea and very much illegal, btw) off the balcony." so then when the intruder does get inside, you have an unloaded gun to defend yourself with.
But that's not obviously what the video is about. If the video was about that comment alone, it wouldn't have featured 15 ladies mishandling weapons and one successfully shooting an AR15. So, for the purposes of the video, it failed.

so then is your gripe with the video that people on this forum recommend a pump shotgun (with as many rounds as you can stuff in it, extended mag tube, etc.) and joe suggested a double barrel (2-shot) shotgun over the easier handling and lower recoil of an AR15, or because of the mishandling of firearms? or are you just being contrary?

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
2/27/13 3:20 p.m.

My gripe is that the creator of this video is about as good at proving a point as Mr.Biden.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/27/13 3:21 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: then one video of a woman who knows what she's is doing firing an AR. Cherry picking for humor, what a great way to move the debate along.

Go watch that again, she could barely point the AR15, yet she wasn't knocked off her feet or bruised by it.

How does that Cherry Picking BS go again?

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 3:25 p.m.
PHeller wrote: My gripe is that the creator of this video is about as good at proving a point as Mr.Biden.

I'm pretty sure the video was meant in jest.......don't take it as a fact

People take E36 M3 way too seriously these days, this was funny.....enjoy a laugh

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/27/13 3:27 p.m.

How poorly all those women handled those guns tells me that none of them should try to keep a gun for personal defense until they learn how to shoot properly. The ones firing shotguns just learned how unskilled they actually are.

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
2/27/13 3:27 p.m.

I don't really find it funny when some shotguns are known to go when dropped, especially when that one girl dropped the gun butt-down and it was pointed at her jaw.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 3:30 p.m.

In reply to PHeller:

Was it a pump action or double barrel, that way I can answer your concerns with safety.........fwiw, the one cone junky claimed was an "Elephant gun" appears to be a 12ga double hitting both barrels at once

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/27/13 4:17 p.m.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/daniel-zimmerman/va-man-arrested-for-following-double-barrel-bidens-armed-defense-advise/

surprise, surprise!

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 4:22 p.m.

In reply to Strizzo:

I'm surprised this took so long

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
2/27/13 4:23 p.m.

Well that's a bit off base. A weeee bit slanted I think.

Firing through a door into a room where you think someone is (insert legless sprinter joke here), then firing through a window where you last saw them is NOT firing warning shots in my opinion.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
2/27/13 4:25 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/daniel-zimmerman/va-man-arrested-for-following-double-barrel-bidens-armed-defense-advise/ surprise, surprise!

I'm sure the only reason he did it was because the VP told him too. But then again, they ran off and didn't shoot him with the pistol they supposedly pointed at him...so it worked

C ourt will go a lot smoother then the trip to the Trauma Center or the coroner.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 4:36 p.m.

In most places around me, firing a warning shot results in a reckless discharge of a firearm charge......which iirc, even as a misdemeanor, can nullify you from being able to purchase firearms.....

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
2/27/13 4:40 p.m.

But you're still not dead, so you have that going for you.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vqbMtCgplH1oyZVQspm4gDiS2V7CVT29k0tKR3H0prccVa5E5aBox9umDf6AlWgS