1 2
Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
3/29/21 4:18 p.m.

So it's like Iowa 80 meets Wall Drug, but smaller and more conveniently located to more people?... That sounds like a good time.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/29/21 4:33 p.m.

Vail has something similar, but you don't want to take your kids there.

https://beaverliquors.com/about/

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
3/29/21 4:34 p.m.

I heart buc-ee's.

I stopped at the one in St Augustine on my way back from Miami.... completely overwhelmed but where else can you buy a folding chair or rocker, smoker, and fuel for you, your vehicle, and the new smoker? Not to mention cast iron.

Shine on.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/29/21 4:45 p.m.

Posers. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/29/21 4:53 p.m.

And yes, the bathrooms are epic. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/21 5:59 p.m.

I'd intended to check out a Buc-ees on our way through TX & back a couple weeks ago, but they were just too damned packed to bother with it.

I am a bit disappointed though that they decided to skip MS on their way to FL. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
3/29/21 6:49 p.m.
Apexcarver said:
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

What is this? A supermarket?

That's EXACTLY what my wife and I thought when we saw the one in Bastrop TX.  We were staying in a cabin at Bastrop state park for F1 and assumed that it was a supermarket. We had planned to make our own meals at the cabin to save some coin (wife bought F1 tickets as a surprise, then we wound up buying a house that same year, so we were saving money where possible). 

When we realized that it was a HUGE gas station...  wow. We still got everything we needed from there though

We hit the one in Bastrop heading back to Austin from College Station.  By far the largest, cleanest restrooms I’ve used on the road.  The ladies were pleased too.  I think one of the signs says “your porcelain palace awaits”.   We had a few minutes to wander around to get coffee, snacks and some Bucee’s stickers.  We’ll absolutely stop again if we get back down there. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
3/29/21 6:52 p.m.

They also pay their employees pretty well with decent benefits. 

Buc-ee's and HEB are the greatest thing about Texas. I love it. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/29/21 8:35 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

There was a sign out in front with the payscale.  Started at $15/hr and topped out at about $28?  401k, three weeks vacation, etc.  I was fairly impressed.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
avhmHikSDjXhMd6PnUkjpRzV7v2YPaIyONea4ARc9edjHpV8Muz64WIoMqrtnzGF