1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/12 8:52 a.m.
Duke wrote:
novaderrik wrote: The Cleveland Show is a spin off from Family Guy, and American Dad appears to exist in the same universe and has character crossovers from time to time.
That's because Seth McFarlane has had ONE idea in his life. He has just managed to sell it 5 or 6 times for an obscene amount of cash.

Maybe half an idea, the formula he uses for his shows owes a lot to the Simpsons...but they sure are funny, I'll give him that.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
10/3/12 11:08 p.m.
Duke wrote:
novaderrik wrote: The Cleveland Show is a spin off from Family Guy, and American Dad appears to exist in the same universe and has character crossovers from time to time.
That's because Seth McFarlane has had ONE idea in his life. He has just managed to sell it 5 or 6 times for an obscene amount of cash.

at least Seth will admit that he's a one trick pony and that he's milking it for all it's worth, and he throws a lot of jokes about that into the different shows... he even made a live action movie off that same idea that was #1 at the box office for a few weeks.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
10/3/12 11:11 p.m.
PHeller wrote: I like the new crop of NBC shows though. Mindy, Ben&Kate, and of course New Girl is awesome.

New Girl is FOX, dude.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/4/12 5:08 a.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
PHeller wrote: I like the new crop of NBC shows though. Mindy, Ben&Kate, and of course New Girl is awesome.
New Girl is FOX, dude.

All three of those are FOX, dude!

Honestly, though... It's network tv, nobody gives a crap what channel it is anymore.

I really like NBC's programming, but they are dumping 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and The Office all at once...

flountown
flountown Reader
10/4/12 10:57 p.m.

I actually like the Office with Andy or Robert California running things, Michael got way to painfully awkward to watch, I have enjoyed the last two or three more than the previous three to that.

Go On shocked me that I enjoy it so much, probably the big sports tie in that does it for me.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jYBn1ns29FRyyhVdtflerLS256eFREO3XWg1wO3YukQyk35kpSxEmE8z5PpSqWXk