1 2
Erich
Erich UltraDork
4/27/18 6:05 a.m.

I'll be the millionth to say Bosch. I researched the heck out of it, and everything from the 500 series up is great. Some people have mixed things to say about the Ascenta - it's a little louder (not loud tho) and the tub has some plastic instead of full stainless, so it doesn't dry quite as well. 

A big plus of our Bosch is it doesn't have a heating element inside the tub, so you never get melted plastic tupperware. It is a tiny bit smaller, but very flexible. We got the 800 since it's right abutting the living room and you seriously can't hear it. It shines a light on the floor so you know it's running and don't open it and get splashed in the face.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/27/18 6:36 a.m.

Million and one here, our Bosch has a stainless tub and stainless inside the door, plastic on others weird out because of the heat.  Bosch also doesn't have a heater.  The heat from the hot water dries things out, we turn ours on right when we go to bed; quiet, works well and probably saves me money on electricity.

Dan

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
4/27/18 6:40 a.m.

This is a zombie thread revived by someone with no reader rating. 

But I need a new dishwasher and was just wondering where this thread went, so I'm not even mad. Bosch it will be.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/27/18 7:18 a.m.

Canoe removed

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/27/18 7:28 a.m.
Trans_Maro said:

I buy mine flowers, chocolate and occasionally, jewelery and it just keeps going.

HEY! As a man that takes care of the kitchen, ...that's sounds nice. lol.

But seriously our Bosch has the metal tub and no exposed heating elements. Which is amazing because now when baby bottle parts fall down from the rack, they aren't ruined like in the cheap ones.

slowride
slowride Dork
4/27/18 11:18 a.m.

Just to add to the chorus, Bosch. We have 3 in my family and they are all good. We don't seem to have problems with the drying either (do some of them not dry by design?)

My house came with an LG that works OK, but it smells like Harbor Freight while drying and it doesn't seem durable. So I probably wouldn't buy another one.

pheller
pheller PowerDork
4/27/18 11:37 a.m.

Old old thread, but we bought a Bosch as well, for $300 off the price because it was Best Buy open box. 

Great machine.  Heated dry would be nice, and the rack setup can be annoying at times, but the dishes come out clean nearly every time. 

No sense having a dishwasher if you have to put a lot of effort into re-washing them or pre-scrubbing.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/27/18 12:36 p.m.

I consider the dishwasher to be the dish sanitizer, as I always pre wash the dishes before loading. Maybe I'm just accustomed to having crappy dishwashers? Lol

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BIjQ2qcrMV5mZnt2M00t6pMivg0VPmMb86vmnnYUyyNjyFdUS0h4AoUVf83Mnye0