1 2
doitover
doitover New Reader
8/21/08 10:05 a.m.

The bottom of his rich is already hit pretty hard by the AMT cap not having been raised to keep up with inflation.

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
8/21/08 10:50 a.m.

The AMT is a clusterberkeley. I want to meet whoever dreamed it up so I can punch them in the genitals.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
8/21/08 11:16 a.m.

The point wasn't the number. The point ISN'T the number. Nobody cares who thinks who's rich.

The question was, for all intents and purposes, "who among us should pay more(and by more I mean MORE more. Not the more they pay now) to fund our government." And McCain answered it by saying he would want everyone, successful or not, to pay less taxes.

Every time I see someone focus on the "5 million dollar" comment I get a little angrier.

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
8/21/08 11:51 a.m.

Laffer Curve FTW. I'm all for cutting taxes on the rich, as long as mine as cut as well.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/21/08 12:05 p.m.

How about cutting spending? Can we cut spending? It would be really nice to pay down some of the national debt.

Hell, I'd accept an even tax increase across the board if we could couple that with major spending cuts that would allow us to pay down the national debt and make lower taxes viable in the future.

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
8/21/08 12:42 p.m.

Well, that's the easy solution (unless you're a politician who needs to appease the masses to ensure his re-election).

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/21/08 12:46 p.m.
grtechguy wrote: Guess I'm poor.....my household income is around $72,000

That makes two of us, then. Damn, I hate being poor.

doitover
doitover New Reader
8/21/08 2:21 p.m.

I hate not being able to remember how many houses I own. :) A lot of us regular Joes that meet around the salad bar at Applebees have that problem.

rc="/media/img/icons/smilies/icon_evil.gif" class="smiley" alt="" />

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
8/21/08 2:50 p.m.

[sarcasm]yeah. I'm sure the reason he said that was he literally could not remember.[/sarcasm]

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rzEEOcRFoyzmWxytspBhtpmJ5NH2VkotZIVqfojkqU9J5XwLoBwFXL0GCe7eIGxw