poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/8/08 1:49 p.m.

Get a room, you two.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/8/08 1:58 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
Dr. Hess wrote: Yeah, well, the Joke's going to be on You when the LQ pulls out his real B.C. and proclaims herself the next President in Denver. She'd probably win too.
He's already a Senator. There are citizenship requirements for that which he's had to meet. Again, you're not pulling this from a legitimate news source. Another fact is that his mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth. He has therefore been a citizen since birth.

But maybe that woman really isnt his mother and obama is actually a secret Muslim. Its already been established that McCain is a manchurian candidate. So what will it be, a secret muslim or a president who is subject to mind control by the north Vietnamese?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/8/08 2:23 p.m.

Salanis, the law at the time was momma had to be a Citizen and have lived in the U.S. 5 years after her 16th birthday if little Barack Hussein wasn't born on US soil. Momma was 18. Do the math. If little Barack Hussein wasn't born on U.S. soil, he isn't a natural born U.S. citizen. Any U.S. citizen can be a senator. Ask grandpa. But to be Pres, you have to be born here. It's discriminatory. Change the Constitution if you don't like it.

As I said, it's his JOKE. On us. Or probably the LQ's joke. Never count the Klintons out.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/8/08 2:25 p.m.

Hey, Glenns, those Vietnamese are now making repro Europa bumpers. Can't be all bad.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/8/08 2:44 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Hey, Glenns, those Vietnamese are now making repro Europa bumpers. Can't be all bad.

Point taken Dr. hess

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/8/08 3:27 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: But to be Pres, you have to be born here. It's discriminatory. Change the Constitution if you don't like it.

No, you need to be a natural-born Citizen. McCain was not born in the U.S., but is a natural born citizen.

Yes, any citizen can become a senator. But you still need to be a citizen. Since he was never naturalized, he is therefore a citizen by birth. Unless it's foolish of me to think that the government confirms the citizenship of legislators.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/8/08 3:36 p.m.

McCain was born in the U.S. The Panama Canal was U.S. Territory at the time. I've been there. Just like Guam is U.S. Territory. Been there too. Or P.R. (been there) or the US V.I. (haven't been there), etc. Canada is not U.S. Territory (yet) and neither is Kenya. BHO's birth certificate has not been seen. Why? Just sayin'. Maybe that's the LQ's final Ace in the hole. I can see her "rescuing" the D convention at the last minute with this. BHO sez: Golly, mom always told me I was born in Hawaii. I guess she just forgot. LQ takes nomination, wins presidency over Little Mac, who no one likes either.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/8/08 3:45 p.m.

If there were a conspiracy to uncover that he wasn't a natural-born citizen, waiting to spring it would only benefit the Republicans. Suddenly switching nominees would be suicide for the Dems. I suppose it's possible that Obama could be part of a great conspiracy to throw the election to the Republican party.

alfadriver
alfadriver New Reader
8/8/08 4:07 p.m.

Wow, you guys are angry....

I almost feel sorry for you.

But.

No, I don't.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/8/08 4:11 p.m.

Ours is a sad mockery of life.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/8/08 4:15 p.m.

My Dad is a die-hard conservative, I'm not. We have lively debates, and discussions. Although it is frustrating at times, it is fun, and has actually brought us closer together even though we do not share the same viewpoint. He constantly sends right wing emails questioning Obama's "American-ness"

What is most disturbing isn't the emails themselves, but the fact that they are ALL false. The right wing has been sending out blatant, malicious lies over the internet hoping that recipients won't take the time to look up the facts. It is a shame they can't base this election on the issues, and instead use fear, and dishonesty to achieve their goals. I haven't seen this type of tactic used from the Obama camp.

This type of behavior makes me wonder how honest the Republicans would be if they do gain the office. If they feel like blatant lies are OK in the election cycle, why not afterwards?

alfadriver
alfadriver New Reader
8/8/08 4:40 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: My Dad is a die-hard conservative, I'm not. We have lively debates, and discussions. Although it is frustrating at times, it is fun, and has actually brought us closer together even though we do not share the same viewpoint. He constantly sends right wing emails questioning Obama's "American-ness" What is most disturbing isn't the emails themselves, but the fact that they are ALL false. The right wing has been sending out blatant, malicious lies over the internet hoping that recipients won't take the time to look up the facts. It is a shame they can't base this election on the issues, and instead use fear, and dishonesty to achieve their goals. I haven't seen this type of tactic used from the Obama camp. This type of behavior makes me wonder how honest the Republicans would be if they do gain the office. If they feel like blatant lies are OK in the election cycle, why not afterwards?

Well, we could always start spreading rumors that John McCain is a "Manturian Candidate" for Vietnam. He was in their captivity for long enough to be brain washed...

He's a hidden Commie?

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/8/08 4:44 p.m.
Joe said:My Dad is a die-hard conservative, I'm not. We have lively debates, and discussions. Although it is frustrating at times, it is fun, and has actually brought us closer together

That's the way it should be.

Any examples of "right-wing-bulk-e-mail lies?" I don't bother opening emails with political stuff in the title. Generally speaking, it's some stupid conspiracy garbage...on BOTH sides.

I'm frustrated with the Republicans (especially the ones on talk-radio) who can't come up with anything better than "His daddy was a Muslim! He has friends who say they hate America! He keeps changing his stance on issues!" There are a lot of reasons I would never consider voting for him, but chiefly because it will push our country further into the anti-capitalist, pro-redistribution of wealth quagmire we've been in since FDR's New Deal (hence the FDR reference earlier.)

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/8/08 4:48 p.m.

Yeah, my mom forwards those (along with every damn rumor that snopes has ever busted) to me. I don't bother - they are dumb. There are enough legitimate reasons to be displeased with both without resorting to BS.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/9/08 1:37 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Yeah, my mom forwards those (along with every damn rumor that snopes has ever busted) to me. I don't bother - they are dumb. There are enough legitimate reasons to be displeased with both without resorting to BS.

Agreed. The bummer is a lot of folks that receive them, don't do any research,and believe them. They range from Obama taking the oath entering the Senate using a Koran, to his campaign receiving funds from Saudi Arabia and Iran. Nearly all of them question his patriotism, or "American-ness" Some of them are downright offensive in how bigoted, and racist they are, and I'm not an easy guy to offend.

I'm no Obama-maniac, but I don't like these tactics.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/9/08 1:51 p.m.

Flip the coin. My neighbor sends me 9/11/Oil Company/Saudi Bush conspiracy garbage all the time. Retired people should have to have a license to access the internet (joking.) Over the last 8 years, I've probably received a hundred emails having to do with Bush being portrayed as a monkey or a "hillbilly" (this word is no less offensive to a southerner than "THE 'N' WORD" is to black folks, BTW.) Strangely, Obama being portrayed as a monkey is 'offensive.' Whodathunkit?

Duke
Duke Dork
8/9/08 9:08 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: What is most disturbing isn't the emails themselves, but the fact that they are ALL false. The right wing has been sending out blatant, malicious lies over the internet hoping that recipients won't take the time to look up the facts. It is a shame they can't base this election on the issues, and instead use fear, and dishonesty to achieve their goals. I haven't seen this type of tactic used from the Obama camp. This type of behavior makes me wonder how honest the Republicans would be if they do gain the office. If they feel like blatant lies are OK in the election cycle, why not afterwards?

Do you seriously believe that the RIGHT wing has cornered the market on this behaviour? Sheesh. They pull this crap on both sides of the aisle. Do a little research into the actual figures next time you hear about how Republican tax cuts only help rich white right-wing guys who are all friends of GWB.

fastasleep
fastasleep New Reader
8/10/08 5:56 p.m.

Joe Gearin wrote:

What is most disturbing isn't the emails themselves, but the fact that they are ALL false. The right wing has been sending out blatant, malicious lies over the internet hoping that recipients won't take the time to look up the facts. It is a shame they can't base this election on the issues, and instead use fear, and dishonesty to achieve their goals. I haven't seen this type of tactic used from the Obama camp.

This type of behavior makes me wonder how honest the Republicans would be if they do gain the office. If they feel like blatant lies are OK in the election cycle, why not afterwards?

I don't post here nearly as much as I read, but...........nevermind. Insert poopshovel joke here:

-Les

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/10/08 7:17 p.m.

Like we haven't had 8 years of BS attacks on the W, when they could have been actually atacking something honest. Sure he screwed up, but the Left Coast concentrates on how he pronounces "nuclear" and calls him "stupid."

Now, Da O, lessee: Disarm all the peons. Kill all the babies. Tax anyone with any money and give it to those who won't work. That's how he's voted in Congress. I personally don't care if he's a white hating (besides being 50% caucasian) homosexual Moslem with a whitey hating spouse from the 2nd most corrupt political district in the country with a Syrian (currently in jail) backer that can't put two words together without a teleprompter in front of him. But, man, you put a teleprompter up there and he can really put on a good show. If winning depended on who looks best and speaks best, he's got it. As long as people don't look at what he has actually done or stood for or who his friends and backers are, he's got it. But, I doin't think America is quite that stoopid.

Seriously, though, we find our selves in this fix (turd sandwich v. giant douche bag) because the Klintons set it up so that Little Mac won the R's, and they set Da O up for the LQ to run against and beat. Little Mac would have been a cake walk for the LQ. No one in his own party likes him. Da O should have been a cake walk for the LQ, and in fact, she did get more actual votes than Da O in the primaries. Unfortunately, they underestimated the hatred for the Klintons that America has and in particular the D's that the Klintons ran over for 12 years and Da O beat her in "super delegates." Remember that "super delegates" are those that the D power brokers ($$$$) hold in reserve to make sure that who they want elected gets elected despite any popular will of the peon Democratic Party people. That would be you D's out there.

So, this is how it's going to go down: Little Mac wins in November. It probably is going to be bad if you're a D from a Electorial College standpoint. The leftist media and the D's will scream bloody murder, racism, whatever, and we will have 4 more years of stopping all progress on any issue we face and passing laws to make it all worse and we will all go to hell in a handbasket. Then, come the '12, the LQ will show up again and say "See, I told you dumb motherberkeleyers to put me up" and the masses will call for a "All Hail the Lizard Queen" and she will beat whoever Little Mac's V.P. pick is. We will then progress on to the LQ's brand of Communism where all her friends get rich and we get screwed (again).

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/08 9:02 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: As long as people don't look at what he has actually done or stood for or who his friends and backers are, he's got it. But, I doin't think America is quite that stoopid.

I think you' d be surprised

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yxhXcUlHLKe1GWAzx895nw8zEJ4S4Wq3SePCuGJxUCDGe1Z2Or6yGZoWjAW1h2EF