Bibs
Bibs New Reader
7/28/22 9:26 p.m.

My wife loves Chicago: the mag mile, shopping, fancy eats and museums. The river walk.

We haven't gone in several years, and I understand Chicago, in general, has its challenges. Did the downtown bounce back, post Covid? Post protests?

We would stick to the tourist downtown for a quick weekend away. Thoughts and recommendations appreciated....if it's worth going, and anything new that has popped up in the last 3 years.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/28/22 9:49 p.m.

Yup, all the tourists are heading back down there in droves.

Navy Pier is always a favorite of the Missus and I but we got married on the Odyssey many moons ago so we're partial to it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/28/22 9:57 p.m.

Still fun. What are you looking to do? Where are you coming from, and how are you coming?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/28/22 10:09 p.m.

Pack a gun - just kidding (I travel to some tough areas for industrial accounts for work and don't see too many issues)

I was planning to do the Wendella architecture boat tour tomorrow night but I don't want to mess with the Lallapalooza traffic.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/28/22 10:39 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I used to work from home during Lolla back when I was in the loop. Nobody wants to deal with that. Plus the train rides home usually smell very bad that week. 

Bibs
Bibs New Reader
7/29/22 9:17 p.m.

Thanks, guys. We will be driving in from Ontario, crossing at Port Huron. Wife booked a room at the Omni. I need to do so,e homework, see what I want to do.

From the pinball thread, I'll be checking out the massive arcade near by.

johndej
johndej SuperDork
7/29/22 9:26 p.m.

Had a great time out there last October with friends and family and for a work trip aug 2020.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/29/22 10:44 p.m.

When you coming to Chitown?

This weekend there's a big AMC meet in Kenosha, Wisconsin and on Sunday a drag racing event at Union Grove Dragaway.   900+ cars estimated to be in the area.   

Can't imagine your wife wanting to go there.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/30/22 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Bibs :

Emporium?

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/22 11:18 a.m.

Chicago is the spot for this weekend! Headed to MOSI tomorrow with the wife and kids.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/30/22 12:59 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

Out of all of the museums in Chicago this has always been my favorite.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JHTEROn92xkLxyzls8Ii5zM1ygzsewiCb1yZieiDIx8bCUGd2YKx4qpVSWlv0GfY