1 ... 3 4 5
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/24/13 10:46 p.m.
Grizz wrote: In reply to oldsaw: The only people I've seen openly calling him a hero are the same brain dead aspies on the internet who call anyone who does crap like this a hero.

Daniel Ellsberg called him a hero. I'm not sure if he qualifies as a brain dead aspie, but, he does qualify as a guy who walked the walk.

I'm not sure how I come in on this issue but I'm pretty sure the government is trying really hard to influence my decision like they did with Manning, Drake, Ellsberg... and so on. If the past is any indication they should pipe down and let the chips fall.

6/24/13 10:47 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: I thought it was good conversation for 4 pages or so, then this happened

Who is that dreamy fella? I bet he breaks a few hearts.

6/24/13 10:58 p.m.
Lesley wrote: My two cents? Calling someone an "aspie" is as bad as saying something is "gay".

Huh, I'd have thought you would have used retahd as your example of third rail words given the connotation of aspie.

But, I'm glad you went homo because this thread is starting to suck a bag of dicks.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/25/13 8:10 a.m.

BTW since the IRS thing has come up again...

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/25/us/politics/documents-show-liberals-in-irs-dragnet.html?_r=0

News came out today that other trigger words the IRS used for extra scrutiny include "progressive" and "occupy"...doesn't seem so partisan now does it?

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
6/25/13 8:35 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

It may be non-partisan if said groups received the same scrutiny, with proportionate numbers and with the same frequency. There is nothing in the article that addresses those questions. What it does offer is that Congress critters from both sides recognize the IRS has some serious problems that warrant further investigation.

Don't be fooled by either side because they are both cherry-picking testimonies to forward their agenda(s).

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/13 9:01 a.m.

too True Oldsaw. As somebody who is neither a Repubican or a Democrat and considers himself an indeoendant Moderate.. it is sadening to see both sides doing the same crap over and over and over again as they look for ways to blame the other side

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/25/13 9:31 a.m.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/25/13 9:34 a.m.
Osterkraut wrote:

Wait, this is his girlfriend? This guy?

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
6/25/13 9:48 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: BTW since the IRS thing has come up again... https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/25/us/politics/documents-show-liberals-in-irs-dragnet.html?_r=0 News came out today that other trigger words the IRS used for extra scrutiny include "progressive" and "occupy"...doesn't seem so partisan now does it?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/351930/lookout-list-not-much-broader-originally-thought-contrary-reports-eliana-johnson

madmallard
madmallard HalfDork
6/25/13 10:56 a.m.

In reply to oldsaw:

In reply to Strizzo:

funny how this got stuck out in the news cycle the other day as though to be some kind of vindicating action for liberals, or the government.... and told us exactly nothing new.

Who picked up on it first?

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/25/13 11:31 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: There is a much more alarming situation going on regarding MrSnowden, and this thread is a perfect example: His actions have drawn out a division within the nation that is bound to be exploited. Snowdens actions have drawn out the division between those who trust and believe that the government is acting on our behalf, and those that are convinced that the government has its own undeclared agenda. If I were somebody who caould benefit from faning this flame, you can bet I would. Probably much the same as if I could split the country against itself by polarizing its politics. E pluribus unum and all that rot!

Have you paid attention to anything the last decade or so..........our nation has become more and more divided politically, socially, and ideologically. This is nothing new.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/25/13 11:52 a.m.

In other news, I got a job offer from Booz Allen a few years ago. Didn't take it though. I think I may be glad of that now.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
6/25/13 12:02 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In other news, I got a job offer from Booz Allen a few years ago. Didn't take it though. I think I may be glad of that now.

yeahhhh... You would soon be out of a Job, I bet.

no matter what your take on the laws, or his way of doing what he did... or even WHAt he did (10 bucks says he got more than that one court order... because really, that is not new. he probably is trying to sell OTHER bits of info to other countries.. but that is just speculation. put part out for free, and save the good stuff for paying buyers.)

no matter your take, this has opened up a HUGE can of worms on how easily people are getting security clearances.

Heck, I had one when I was in the army.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
6/25/13 7:31 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
NOHOME wrote: There is a much more alarming situation going on regarding MrSnowden, and this thread is a perfect example: His actions have drawn out a division within the nation that is bound to be exploited. Snowdens actions have drawn out the division between those who trust and believe that the government is acting on our behalf, and those that are convinced that the government has its own undeclared agenda. If I were somebody who caould benefit from faning this flame, you can bet I would. Probably much the same as if I could split the country against itself by polarizing its politics. E pluribus unum and all that rot!
Have you paid attention to anything the last decade or so..........our nation has become more and more divided politically, socially, and ideologically. This is nothing new.

My point exactly. The same tricks that the USA used so well to keep South America in her place for so long has come back to roost.

I wonder if anyone can figure out who the puppet master is? Here is a clue...follow the money.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RaOi4WGsms1yn223PIWABsVQuB3Xm3SFya6pJBOcjuKcbLXN87QNJTKMValotLIM