1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/19/13 4:33 p.m.

It's the most watched non fiction cable TV show in history.

This thread is evidence that you guys and your opinions are not in the mainstream.

slow
slow New Reader
12/19/13 5:02 p.m.

i was outraged that my wife was outraged by my outrag. That was just ... OUTRAGING. The first amemdment allows my outrage and sceond ...

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
12/19/13 5:19 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Phil = Brian

Whoa, do you mean me?

If so, I have to research, I have no idea who this guy is. I've never heard of him before today.

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
12/19/13 5:21 p.m.

I assumed Brian=formerly dead dog on Family Guy that got a bunch of attention and henceforth more ratings.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 5:24 p.m.
Cone_Junkie wrote: I assumed Brian=formerly dead dog on Family Guy that got a bunch of attention and henceforth more ratings.

spoiler alert:

Brian was never really dead, due to them pushing the big time travel reset button...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/19/13 5:43 p.m.
Cone_Junkie wrote: I assumed Brian=formerly dead dog on Family Guy that got a bunch of attention and henceforth more ratings.

Bingo

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
12/19/13 5:57 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:
stuart in mn wrote: The funny thing is how some don't understand that free speech doesn't apply to web forums such as this one...this is not a downtown street corner, it's essentially the lobby of our gracious host's business.
No, it applies here, too. You can say whatever you want and hold any opinion you want, but the hosts don't have to let you stay if you start being a bad guest.

I think that's precisely what Stuart was suggesting.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 7:10 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote:
stuart in mn wrote: The funny thing is how some don't understand that free speech doesn't apply to web forums such as this one...this is not a downtown street corner, it's essentially the lobby of our gracious host's business.
No, it applies here, too. You can say whatever you want and hold any opinion you want, but the hosts don't have to let you stay if you start being a bad guest.

i agree with you, but i'm going to quote you and respond in a semi confrontational manner because i'm looking for someone to disagree with about something.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/19/13 7:17 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote:

i agree with you, but i'm going to quote you and respond in a semi confrontational manner because i'm looking for someone to disagree with about something.

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT? M: Well, I was told outside that... Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings! M: What? Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!! M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!! Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse. M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it. Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor. M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry. Q: Not at all. M: Thank You.

Full Monty Python Argument Sketch

novaderrik wrote:

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
12/19/13 7:30 p.m.

You can certainly tell who didn't read ANY of what Robertson said, but still formed an opinion anyway and expressed it here...

whenry
whenry HalfDork
12/19/13 7:33 p.m.

First, the life span of a reality show is short and the Robertson's are trying to make all that they can while they can. Second, I expect that the show will be moved to a less sensitive channel or a more religious channel. Third, while the show is generally dumb, you have to respect the end of the show prayer and the complete lack of profanity in the program.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 7:41 p.m.
racerfink wrote: You can certainly tell who didn't read ANY of what Robertson said, but still formed an opinion anyway and expressed it here...

those same people likely didn't bat an eye when Martin Bashir got suspended and later resigned from MSNBC a couple of weeks ago... in fact, they were probably calling for him to be fired...

of course, i speak in generalities here...

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
12/19/13 7:44 p.m.

I am fine with he was free to say what he wants. An A&E is also free to give him the ban hammer

My objection is the stuff A&E and others allow, but then fire people over this? Really?

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 7:46 p.m.

he didn't get fired... put on hiatus from the show... then later, after everything dies down and they've sufficiently milked it for publicity, they will bring him back... unless the family says they've had enough and just go back to being anonymous millionaires until FoxNews calls them to put them on the talking head shows during the peak of the election season...

ScreaminE
ScreaminE New Reader
12/19/13 8:18 p.m.

Happy happy happy

ScreaminE
ScreaminE New Reader
12/19/13 8:19 p.m.

But seriously, Ham Sammich!!!!!

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/19/13 8:22 p.m.
whenry wrote: you have to respect the end of the show prayer and the complete lack of profanity in the program.

Why?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/19/13 8:27 p.m.

I'm suddenly overwhelmed with the urge to drown a bag of kittens.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 8:47 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
whenry wrote: you have to respect the end of the show prayer and the complete lack of profanity in the program.
Why?

yeah, why?

profanity is fun. also, entertaining if done by the really young and really old.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/19/13 8:51 p.m.

Never watched the show, never will. He's entitled to his opinion, and he's entitled to speak it aloud. I'm entitled to disagree with him, and I do. End of story.

The only reason he should be fired is if whatever he said is in violation of his contract with A&E. Otherwise, enjoy the publicity - which, judging from my trip to WalMart last night, they already have plenty of.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
12/19/13 9:04 p.m.

THIS JUST IN, A STEREOTYPICAL BACKWOODS REDNECK SAID SOME STUFF TYPICAL OF STEREOTYPICAL BACKWOODS REDNECKS.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 9:15 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: THIS JUST IN, A STEREOTYPICAL BACKWOODS REDNECK SAID SOME STUFF TYPICAL OF STEREOTYPICAL BACKWOODS REDNECKS.

you left out the part about how a couple of sentences were cherry picked out of an interview that was already edited way down to fit into the space alotted by the editors of a magazine, and then the whole world exploded in outrage within minutes of said magazine hitting the newsstands.. it would be fun to see the transcript of the whole interview before it was edited to fit into the magazine..

totes mcgotes hon
totes mcgotes hon New Reader
12/19/13 9:40 p.m.

How big was the actual initial backlash to this whole thing? Besides like the media, since they have an obvious motivation to be reactionary. I was kind of late to hear about this event, as usual, so I've only really had a chance to catch the outrage towards the initial alleged outrage.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
12/19/13 10:00 p.m.

GQ? was his tie on straight? Fuschia or black? It matters ya know.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
12/19/13 11:11 p.m.

I'm confused about the misspelled reference to a MiG-15?

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C9SiWP6rWmWc48FIZb2w6EAruyjcBzifIM82aLg2G9ff3MfBlIUbVO902LD0DIWs