1 2 3
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/21/11 9:18 a.m.

Chick Car.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
11/21/11 10:46 a.m.

NO, that's a Car Chick...if you can't tell the difference, I can't explain it.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
11/21/11 10:51 a.m.

There have been reports of burly men test driving them and then growing vaginae.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
11/21/11 11:18 a.m.

The Ultimate Chick Car: V6, auto, convertible Mustang -

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/21/11 11:29 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: There have been reports of burly men test driving them and then growing vaginae.

In Albania, they would say, "My car, it is a peach!"

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
11/21/11 11:35 a.m.

In reply to Salanis:

Around here the only Mustangs that aren't chick cars seem to be foxbodies. Even the couple Termies running around my neck of the woods are female-driven.

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
11/21/11 12:43 p.m.
Salanis wrote: The Ultimate Chick Car: V6, auto, convertible Mustang -

I donno - these days you can't get a new Mustang with less than 300 horsepower, and even the auto runs a 13.X second quarter mile. That pony's got some balls.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
11/21/11 12:45 p.m.
nderwater wrote: I donno - these days you can't get a new Mustang with less than 300 horsepower, and even the auto runs a 13.X-second quarter mile. That pony's got some balls.

Yeah, the latest ones do. Earlier V6's though... not so much.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
11/21/11 1:10 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Oh, and that Murano convertible is a candidate for worst car of all time.

That's a Nissan trait, going back to the days of the Datsun.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
11/21/11 4:28 p.m.

In the Chicago suburb's all the chick's are on their cell phones and are driving giant expensive SUV's as they ride my little plastic Accord bumper.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/21/11 4:46 p.m.

You know, I've never had a woman ask me if I thought her car was a "dude car". Interesting.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
11/21/11 5:17 p.m.
neckromacr wrote: Smart marketing ploy would make light of the regular 500 being a chick car. The Abarth being refortified with testosterone, and emphasize the Abarth scorpion badge. Because nothing says manliness like a poisonous invertibrate.

I think part of the reason why Fiat hasn't sold many 500's has been their piss-poor attempts at advertising. There was almost no ads at all when the Fiat's first hit our shores and the J-Lo ad stinks on ice.

How about this ad, then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpi2IAec9Ho

Anyone want to take bets on when the moral guardians will start derping "OH GOD WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!" and have it taken off the air?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
11/21/11 5:35 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: and the J-Lo ad stinks on ice.

I just found this really funny. Freudian slip in a sense lol!

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
11/21/11 7:09 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: How about this ad, then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpi2IAec9Ho

Is there a way to get that video to loop without clicking?

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez Reader
11/21/11 7:16 p.m.

I've seen almost a dozen zippin around, and I don't recall any females at the wheel. They may be rental cars? Then again, all these sightings have been in the SF Bay area. Lots of, um.... trendy gents out here.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/21/11 8:11 p.m.
Zomby woof wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: Oh, and that Murano convertible is a candidate for worst car of all time.
That's a Nissan trait, going back to the days of the Datsun.

Perhaps....but this

was certainly better than this is

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
11/21/11 8:19 p.m.

I showed my wife this thread and asked her if she though the 500 was a chick car. Her response?

"I wouldn't drive it."

There, definitive word that it is not a chick car.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
11/21/11 11:11 p.m.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2011/11/chrysler-ousts-head-of-fiat-500-program.html

Head of Fiat north america Laura Soave, has been replaced by Timothy Kuniskis.

I wonder how it will turn around. After only hitting 25% of the projected sales it was to be expected.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/22/11 1:00 a.m.

Stock or base models -- yes

Abarth-- no

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
11/22/11 7:59 a.m.
NickF40 wrote: Stock or base models -- yes Abarth-- no

Stupid statement as to 99.993142% of people there is no difference.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
11/22/11 8:01 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Stupid statement as to 99.993142% of people there is no difference.

We are the 0.117968 %

Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb Reader
11/22/11 8:29 a.m.

Just wanted to point out that the Abarth showed up on Serious Wheels this morning. http://seriouswheels.com/cars/2012/top-2012-Fiat-500-Abarth.htm

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/22/11 9:18 a.m.

that's like saying, the regular C6 to people is no different than the ZR1

rotard
rotard Reader
11/22/11 9:20 a.m.
NickF40 wrote: that's like saying, the regular C6 to people is no different than the ZR1

To John Q. Public? Most people don't even know what a ZR1 is, they just see a Corvette. They would probably complain about the top not coming out.

neckromacr
neckromacr Reader
11/22/11 4:18 p.m.

The term "chick car" is so subjective, at a party with my wife's friends I had found a gent to trade car stories with. He was talking about his Porsche 928, I about my Scirocco, I had mentioned I had frequent ideas about having a 944 as a fun car. "Oh that's the girl's car!" It was at that point I realized we were not going to see eye to eye and allowed the conversation to go elsewhere.

On a side note, being a tire nerd, the Arbath seems to rock a 195/45/15. A near dead size, seems today's subcompacts may be giving new tire options for the compacts from generations gone by.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FQWECJHZigrkjE7Kc0ylL2QcypJoFqm7WLPXeXM2L2jQXLbyatkxlLP44roXPY9p