1 2
novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/11/15 1:07 p.m.

that sounds like a reworded version of something else that someone from a different political party said about another controversial bill as it was going thru congress a few years back...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/11/paul-ryans-pelosi-esque-obamatrade-moment-its-declassified-and-made-public-once-its-agreed-to/

this is just more proof that they are all the same in DC... i'd love to go find clips of Paul Ryan tearing into Nancy Pelosi during the Obamacare thing for her "we need to pass it before we can see what's in it" comments, but i'm sure the Daily Show staffers are all over it as we speak..

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
6/11/15 1:09 p.m.

Good call. This is bull and they all know it. Please note Rand Paul is the only presidential candidate on the republican side who said 'no' to this in the senate. Bernie Sanders and O' Malley also agreed with that point of view.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/11/15 1:09 p.m.

What are we talking about?

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/11/15 1:13 p.m.

fixed it.. the link that i put in disappeared when i posted it for some reason.. so it's fixed, for now...

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/11/15 1:14 p.m.

Rand Paul must not really be a presidential candidate, because they never show him with all the people that are running for president on tv..

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/11/15 1:15 p.m.

No one should ever be surprised when sheit comes out of aholes

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
6/11/15 1:16 p.m.
bgkast wrote: What are we talking about?

President Obama wants to do a bunch of trade deals that appear, to opponents, more like treaties, and are secret except for select members of congress and their staff.

He wants to get TPA passed, which is called "fast track". As I understand it, this reduces the approval required from 60% to 50% in congress, and removes the ability for congress to amend the bill before they pass it.

George W Bush had fast track powers and a number of people on the left thought it was an over-reach of the executive branch. I agree that it is.

Let's see the trade deal, discuss it, and have a real vote on it. If it's a treaty instead, let's vote on it like a treaty, which is even more stringent.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
6/11/15 1:17 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: Rand Paul must not really be a presidential candidate, because they never show him with all the people that are running for president on tv..

I love posting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtDJ6Ay4QMw

Also shows how the media are all reading the same script.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
6/11/15 1:18 p.m.

TPP.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-10/profits-over-public-health-big-pharma-revealed-puppetmaster-behind-tpp-secrecy

Plus every other Big Something. Big Immigration, Big Import. Big Export. Big Whatever. I really like the part about an appointed international board deciding American law going forward. That part is just fantastic. Think how much more efficient we'll be when South Americans or whoever else is in that treaty tell us how we are going to manage our free speech, guns and taxes.

Why are some of the Republicans and Obama pushing this? And what treaty ever needed to be secret from the American people? Especially a "trade" treaty?

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/11/15 1:23 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
novaderrik wrote: Rand Paul must not really be a presidential candidate, because they never show him with all the people that are running for president on tv..
I love posting this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtDJ6Ay4QMw Also shows how the media are all reading the same script.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/gop-debate-ii/n13239

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/15 1:26 p.m.

They say it needs to be kept secret to keep lobbyists from interfering...you know, the same lobbyists that basically wrote the thing.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
6/11/15 3:06 p.m.

uh oh...political thread...I'm out.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
6/11/15 3:07 p.m.

Actually this isn't political (meaning flounder worthy). Yet.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/11/15 3:22 p.m.
T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/11/15 4:06 p.m.

BOHICA.

That's all I have to say about this.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/11/15 4:15 p.m.

This ought to bring the One World Government guys out of the woodwork in a full lather.

Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb Reader
6/11/15 4:23 p.m.

I remember Jon Stewart doing a bit on that with Ron Paul.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
6/11/15 4:42 p.m.

Too bad you can't pass a law affecting those clowns without going through them because this is exactly the sort of thing that makes me want a constitutional amendment requiring every bill to be read out loud on the floor of Congress by whoever is sponsoring it. If you can't read it out loud, in public, without taking a break or getting help than it's too complicated or shady to be a law.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
6/11/15 5:18 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: Too bad you can't pass a law affecting those clowns without going through them because this is exactly the sort of thing that makes me want a constitutional amendment requiring every bill to be read out loud on the floor of Congress by whoever is sponsoring it. If you can't read it out loud, in public, without taking a break or getting help than it's too complicated or shady to be a law.

Agreed!!!!!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/11/15 7:55 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: Too bad you can't pass a law affecting those clowns without going through them because this is exactly the sort of thing that makes me want a constitutional amendment requiring every bill to be read out loud on the floor of Congress by whoever is sponsoring it. If you can't read it out loud, in public, without taking a break or getting help than it's too complicated or shady to be a law.

The original bailout bill was sent back for only being a few pages the first time.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/15 9:11 p.m.
racerdave600 wrote:
Agreed!!!!!

or you are too stupid to be in charge of anything more complicated than a good pair of shoes?

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
6/12/15 7:21 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Actually this isn't political (meaning flounder worthy). Yet.

yeah, so far both sides seem to be getting hammered … (and deservedly so) lets keep it this way ..

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/12/15 10:30 a.m.

Bullets for all the things.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/12/15 1:26 p.m.

Drudge is saying that this was defeated in congress, and that Pelosi led the charge to defeat it. i'm too lazy to click on any of the links they put up because screw it, it's friday and it's my weekend.

is this what bipartisanship looks like?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/12/15 1:41 p.m.

Well it's Drudge so....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GT0kf3J416E4MfgXa1BXWGDIplrn5GZSRUzbxWVquEilnj7hqODaoxp7f1zhf3Db