1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 68
turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/20/13 12:00 p.m.

If you have raised kids (or been one), and gone through the pet syndrome, including toilet flush burials for dead goldfish, the Story below will have you laughing.

Overview: I had to take my son's lizard to the vet.

Here's what happened:

Just after dinner one night, my son came up to tell me there was "something wrong" with one of the two lizards he holds prisoner in his room.

"He's just lying there looking sick," he told me. "I'm serious, Dad. Can you help?"

I put my best lizard-healer expression on my face and followed him Into his bedroom. One of the little lizards was indeed lying on his back, looking stressed. I immediately knew what to do.

"Honey," I called, "come look at the lizard!" "Oh, my gosh!" my wife exclaimed. "She's having babies." "What?" my son demanded. "But their names are Bert and Ernie, Mom!"

I was equally outraged.

"Hey, how can that be? I thought we said we didn't want them to reproduce," I said accusingly to my wife.

"Well, what do you want me to do, post a sign in their cage?" she inquired (I think she actually said this sarcastically!)

"No, but you were supposed to get two boys!" "Yeah, Bert and Ernie!" my son agreed.

"Well, it's just a little hard to tell on some guys, you know," She informed me (Again with the sarcasm!).

By now the rest of the family had gathered to see what was going on. I shrugged, deciding to make the best of it.

"Kids, this is going to be a wondrous experience," I announced. "We're about to witness the miracle of birth."

"Oh, gross!" they shrieked " We peered at the patient.. After much struggling, what looked Like a tiny foot would appear briefly, vanishing a scant second later.

"We don't appear to be making much progress," I noted.

"It's breech," my wife whispered, horrified.

"Do something, Dad!" my son urged.

"Okay, okay." Squeamishly, I reached in and grabbed the foot when It next appeared, giving it a gentle tug. It disappeared. I tried several more times with the same results.

"Should I call 911?" my eldest daughter wanted to know.

"Maybe they could talk us through the trauma." (You see a pattern Here with the females in my house?)

"Let's get Ernie to the vet," I said grimly. We drove to the vet with My son holding the cage in his lap.

"Breathe, Ernie, breathe," he urged.

The vet took Ernie back to the examining room and peered at the Little animal through a magnifying glass.

"What do you think, Doc, a C-section?" I suggested scientifically.

"Oh, very interesting," he murmured. "Mr. And Mrs. Cameron, May I speak to you privately for a moment?"

I gulped, nodding for my son to step outside.

"Is Ernie going to be okay?" my wife asked.

"Oh, perfectly," the vet assured us. "This lizard is not in labor. In fact, that isn't EVER going to happen. . .Ernie is a boy. You see, Ernie is a young male. And occasionally, as they come into maturity, Like most male species, they um . . Um . . . Masturbate. Just the way He did, lying on his back." He blushed, glancing at my wife.

We were silent, absorbing this.

"So, Ernie's just . Just . . . Excited," my wife offered.

"Exactly," the vet replied, relieved that we understood.

More silence. Then my vicious, cruel wife started to giggle. And Giggle. And then even laugh loudly. " Tears were now running down her face. "It's just .that . ..I'm picturing you pulling on its . . . Its.. . Teeny little . . " She gasped for more air to bellow in laughter once more.

"That's enough," I warned. We thanked the vet and hurriedly Bundled the lizard and our son back into the car.. He was glad Everything was going to be okay.

"I know Ernie's really thankful for what you did, Dad," he told me.

"Oh, you have NO idea," my wife agreed, collapsing with laughter.

Two lizards: $140.

One cage: $50..

Trip to the vet: $30.

Memory of your husband pulling on a lizard's winkie:

Priceless!

Moral of the story: Pay attention in biology class.

Lizards lay eggs!

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
8/20/13 1:04 p.m.

^^That killed me! Thanks for posting.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/20/13 1:26 p.m.

I can only imagine what happens to that poor bastard when his beer buddies here about it. I imagine it would be similar to Hank Hill and the Dolphin incident.....

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/20/13 2:47 p.m.

After 35 years of marriage, a husband and wife came for counseling. When asked what the problem was, the wife went into a tirade listing every problem they had ever had in the years they had been married. On and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs she had endured.

Finally, after allowing this for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after asking the wife to stand, he embraced and kissed her long and passionately as her husband watched - with a raised eyebrow. The woman shut up and quietly sat down as though in a daze. The therapist turned to the husband and said, "This is what your wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?"

"Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/22/13 7:27 a.m.

A woman went into a bar in Waco and saw a cowboy with his feet propped up on a table. He had on the biggest boots she'd ever seen. The woman asked the cowboy if it's true what they say about men with big feet being well endowed. The cowboy grinned and said, 'Shore is, little lady. Why don't you come on out to the bunkhouse and let me prove it to you?' The woman wanted to find out for herself, so she spent the night with him. The next morning she handed him a $100 bill. Blushing, he said, 'Well, thankya, ma'am. Ah'm real flattered. Ain't nobody ever paid me fer mah services before.' 'Don't be flattered. Take the money and buy yourself some boots that fit.'

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
8/23/13 11:07 a.m.

A Dyslexic man walks into a bra...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/23/13 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

oh my dog!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/13 11:22 p.m.

An elderly Italian man who lived on the outskirts of Rimini, Italy, went to the local church for confession.

When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, The man said: "Father ... During World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our neighbourhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide her from the Nazis. So I hid her in my attic."

The priest replied: "That was a wonderful thing you did, and you have no need to confess that."

"There is more to tell, Father... She started to repay me with sexual favours.This happened several times a week, and sometimes twice on Sundays.'

The priest said, "That was a long time ago and by doing what you did, you placed the two of you in great danger, but two people under those circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh. However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven."

"Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. I do have one more question."

" And what is that?" asked the priest.

"Should I tell her the war is over?"

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/29/13 12:36 p.m.

Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French café, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness.

He says to the waitress: “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.”

The waitress replies: “I’m sorry, Monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”

cwh
cwh PowerDork
8/30/13 10:12 a.m.

Hello, is this the Police?" "Yes. What do you want?" "I'm calling to report about my neighbor Billy Smith! He is hiding marijuana inside his firewood." "Thank you very much for the call, sir." The next day, the Police descend on Billy’s house. They search the shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood, but find no marijuana. They swore at Billy and left. The phone rings at Billy's house: "Hey, Billy Bob! Did the Police come?" "Yeah!" "Did they chop your firewood?" "Yep." "Merry Christmas, Buddy

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/30/13 12:46 p.m.

Thoughts for the start of the 2013 football season.

The coach had put together the perfect team for the Chicago Bears. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in the West Bank. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Israeli soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away.

KABOOM!

He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney.

KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph.

BULLS-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!"

So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. And the Bears go on to win the Super Bowl.

The young man is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his Mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you, the old woman says." You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!" The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says,...

"I will never forgive you for making us move to Chicago !!!!

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/5/13 7:09 p.m.

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey. He orders a drink and while he's drinking it the monkey jumps around all over the place. The monkey grabs some olives off the bar and eats them, then he grabs some sliced limes and eats them, then he jumps on the pool table, grabs the cue ball, sticks it in his mouth and swallows it whole.

The bartender screams at the guy, "did you see what your monkey just did?"

The guys says, "no, what?"

"He just ate the cue ball off my pool table, whole!" replied the bartender.

"Yeah that doesn't surprise me," said the patron "the little bastard eats everything in sight. I'll pay for the cue ball and stuff." He finishes drink, pays the tab and leaves.

Two weeks later he's in the bar again, and he has his monkey with him. He orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar again. While the man is enjoying his drink, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry at the bar. He grabs it, sticks it up his butt, pulls it out, and eats it. The bartender is disgusted.

"Did you see what your monkey did now?'' He asks.

"Now what?" responds the patron.

"Well, he just stuck a maraschino cherry up his butt, pulled it out, and ate it!" says the bartender.

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replied the patron. "He still eats everything in sight, but ever since he ate that damn cue ball he measures everything first!"

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/5/13 7:48 p.m.

"Fit check" is the enginerd version of that punchline ;)

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/6/13 9:54 a.m.

I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned 69.)

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?'

'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?

'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?

'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'

'No,' I said.

He looked at me and said,... 'Then, why do you even give a E36 M3?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
9/13/13 7:35 a.m.

I was at my bank today; there was a short line. There was just one lady in front of me, an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for dollars. It was obvious she was very irritated . . . She asked the teller, "Why it change? Yesterday, I get two hunat dolla of yen. Today I only get hunat eighty? Why it change?" The teller shrugged his shoulders and said, "Fluctuations."

The Asian lady says, "Fluc you white people too"!!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 8:21 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Thoughts for the start of the 2013 football season. The coach had put together the perfect team for the Chicago Bears. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl win. Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in the West Bank. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Israeli soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away. KABOOM! He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney. KA-BLOOEY! Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph. BULLS-EYE! "I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!" So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. And the Bears go on to win the Super Bowl. The young man is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his Mother. "Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!" "I don't want to talk to you, the old woman says." You are not my son!" "I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans." "No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!" The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says,... "I will never forgive you for making us move to Chicago !!!!

I always heard that one about Detroit.

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
9/13/13 10:10 a.m.
wbjones wrote: He looked at me and said,... 'Then, why do you even give a E36 M3?

Variation:

"Doc, if I give up smoking, drinking, sex and red meat, will I live longer?

No, but it'll seem like it."

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/13 5:16 a.m.

In the year 2013, the Lord came unto Noah, Who was now living in America and said: "Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me." "Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans."

He gave Noah the blueprints, saying: "You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark."Noah!," He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed." "I needed a Building Permit." "I've been arguing with the Boat Inspector about the need for a sprinkler system."

"My homeowners association claim that I've violated the Neighborhood by-laws by building the Ark in my back yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the local Planning Committee for a decision."

"Then the City Council and the Electricity Company demanded a shed load of money for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear none of it."

"Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the Greater Spotted Barn Owl." "I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!"

"When I started gathering the animals, PETA took me to court. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodations were too restrictive and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space."

"Then the Environmental Protection Agency ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on Your proposed flood."

"I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew."

"The Immigration Dept. Is checking the visa status of most of the people who want to work." "The labor unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only union workers with ark-building experience."

"To make matters worse, the IRS seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species." "So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this ark."

"Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine and a rainbow stretched across the sky."

Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord. " The Government beat me to it."

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
9/14/13 10:57 a.m.

Dang! Now we have no HOPE for a CHANGE.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/14/13 11:04 a.m.

An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit, so he asks the biker his name.

'Fred,' he replies.

'Fred what?' the officer asks.

'Just Fred,' the man responds.

The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the biker a break, and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer then presses him for the last name.

The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it. 'Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'

The biker replies, 'It's a long story, so stay with me.' I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, and finally got my degree, so I was Fred Johnson, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through School, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD. Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.'

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/19/13 7:56 a.m.

A MALE FAIRY TALEOnce upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess,

"Will you marry me?"

The Princess immediately said, "No!"

And the Prince lived happily ever after, and rode motorcycles and dated thin, long-legged, full-breasted women, and hunted and fished

and raced cars, and went to titty bars and dated ladies half his age

and drank whiskey, beer, and Captain Morgan, and never heard bitching

and never paid child support or alimony, and dated cheerleaders and

kept his house and guns, and ate spam and potato chips and beans, and

blew enormous farts, and never got cheated on while he was at work,

and all his friends and family thought he was friggin' cool as hell,

and he had tons of money in the bank, and left the toilet seat up. The End.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/19/13 5:47 p.m.

After Quasimodo's death, the Bishop of the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris , France sent word through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was urgently needed.

The Bishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went up into the belfry to begin the screening process.

After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills over a long period, he decided to call it a day and to continue the interviewing process the following day. Just then, an armless Frenchman approached him and announced that he was there to apply for the bell ringer's job. The Bishop was incredulous.

'But, you have no arms, Monsieur !'

'No matter,' said the man. 'Observe me, Excellency !' And, pushing his way past the Bishop, he began striking the bells with his ugly face, producing a most beautiful melody on the carillon. The Bishop listened in astonishment convinced he had found a sensational replacement for Quasimodo.

But, suddenly, as he rushed forward to strike the bells again in encore, the armless Frenchman tripped over a mallet and plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in the street far below.

The stunned Bishop rushed down two hundred and ninety five church steps to reach the street. A crowd had by now gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beautiful music they had heard only moments before.

As they silently parted to let the Bishop through, one of them asked, 'Bishop sir, who was this man ?'

'I don't know his name,' the Bishop sadly replied........

( scroll down ........)

( scroll down ........)

.................. BUT HIS FACE RINGS A BELL !'

WAIT ! WAIT ! There's more....

The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart due to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the Bishop continued his interviews for the bell ringer of Notre Dame.

The first man to approach him said, 'Your Excellency, I am the brother of the poor armless wretch who fell to his death from this very belfry yesterday. I pray that you honour his life by allowing me to replace him in this duty.'

The Bishop agreed to give the man an audition, but, as the armless man's brother stooped to pick up a heavy mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned, clutched at his chest, twirled around, and died of heart failure on the spot.

Two monks, hearing the Bishop's cries of anguish at this second shocking tragedy, rushed up the stairs to his side.

'What has happened ? Who is this man?' the first monk asked, breathlessly.

'I don't know his name,' sighed the now distraught Bishop, 'but...'

(. . .. Wait for it ....).........

(.. . . It's worth it.. ....)......

'HE'S A DEAD RINGER FOR HIS BROTHER.'

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/13 5:52 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

I LMAO'd at my cubicle.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/20/13 2:20 p.m.