1 2
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/24/12 10:11 a.m.

Linky

HOPEWELL, Va. (WTVR) – A Hopewell circuit court judge has ordered that a Marine veteran detained over anti-government Facebook posts be released from a psychiatric hospital. CBS 6 News’ Catie Beck said the Judge Allan Sharrett dismissed the case Thursday against Brandon Raub. The judge said the original petition for Raub’s detention contained no facts. In other words, there was no information on why Raub was being held — and the judge deemed this violated his civil liberties. As a result, the judge ruled the government had no grounds to hold Raub.

Here is an example of the sort of thing that brings the FBI knocking... some text he wrote to FB (linked in the article): http://wtvr.com/2012/08/21/full-text-brandon-raubs-proclamation-take-our-republic-back/

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/24/12 10:22 a.m.

Well I hope he was evaluated, because there was some crazy-ass E36 M3 in his Facebook page and imagine how bad it will be if he turns out to be as serious as this guy:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/23/justice/washington-obama-threat/

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/24/12 10:27 a.m.

Tin foil hatty, yes. Worthy of detainment for psychological evaluation? I sure as E36 M3 don't think so. If that's the worst that he said, I am scared. He didn't threaten anyone.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/24/12 10:28 a.m.

link to his FB post?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/24/12 10:31 a.m.
Facebook Quotes said: America has lost itself. We have lost who we truly are. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave. This is the land of Thomas Jefferson. This is the land of Benjamin Franklin. This is the land of Fredrick Douglas. This is the land of Smedley Butler. This is the land John F. Kennedy. This is the land of Martin Luther King. This is the land where the cowboy wins. This is the land where you can start from the bottom and get to the top. This is the land where regardless of you race and ethnicity you can succeed and build a better life for you and your family. This is the land where every race coexists peacefully. This is the land where justice wins. This is the land where liberty dwells. This is the land where freedom reigns. This is the land where we help the poor, and people help each other. This is land where people beat racism.

My god, someone get this guy evaluated, his loves his country!

GameboyRMH
8/24/12 10:32 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Tin foil hatty, yes. Worthy of detainment for psychological evaluation? I sure as E36 M3 don't think so. If that's the worst that he said, I am scared. He didn't threaten anyone.

He did make a few threats, most were vaguely at the US government, one was at his generals but it was a quote from a song.

GameboyRMH
8/24/12 10:32 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: My god, someone get this guy evaluated, his loves his country!

Did you miss all the 9/11 truther and anti-military stuff?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/24/12 10:34 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Yeah, this one is a bit off:

September Eleventh was an inside job. They blew up a third building in broad daylight. Building 7.

I think that is a bit stupid, but detaining him

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
8/24/12 10:38 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Well I hope he was evaluated, because there was some crazy-ass E36 M3 in his Facebook page and imagine how bad it will be if he turns out to be as serious as this guy: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/23/justice/washington-obama-threat/

This guys is a winner:

Molnar wrote that the e-mail, received by the FBI earlier Tuesday, said, "I will kill the president !!!!!" and "You can't afford to call my bluff."

They tend to take that sort of thing seriously.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox UltraDork
8/24/12 10:43 a.m.

Did anybody start to think the Fed was an evil institution before Ron Paul came around? That is really a bunch of nonsense.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
8/24/12 10:44 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to GameboyRMH: Yeah, this one is a bit off:

it depends on the perspective you believe in, that is all....

Sure, they looked like an implosion, but that was due to how the buildings were constructed and the fire that compromised them. If you believe that buildings can't fall like that due to fire, you'd think it was an implosion.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/24/12 10:46 a.m.

Ant nothing. Each side has their own. Yesterday I was reading about that judge in Texas claiming civil war was likely if Obama wins. Each side has their extremist nutjobs.

Only if he is a TRUE threat, should he be locked up.

8/24/12 10:50 a.m.
Otto Maddox wrote: Did anybody start to think the Fed was an evil institution before Ron Paul came around? That is really a bunch of nonsense.

This is one of my all time favorites: http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-economy-grinds-to-halt-as-nation-realizes-money,2912/

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/24/12 10:53 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

LMAO. People seriously have no clue how the federal reserve works.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
8/24/12 11:00 a.m.

Its the Onion, did you expect any less?

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox UltraDork
8/24/12 11:06 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Otto Maddox wrote: Did anybody start to think the Fed was an evil institution before Ron Paul came around? That is really a bunch of nonsense.
This is one of my all time favorites: http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-economy-grinds-to-halt-as-nation-realizes-money,2912/

That is classic. Hilarious and hits the nail on the head.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/24/12 11:43 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Tin foil hatty, yes. Worthy of detainment for psychological evaluation? I sure as E36 M3 don't think so. If that's the worst that he said, I am scared. He didn't threaten anyone.
He did make a few threats, most were vaguely at the US government, one was at his generals but it was a quote from a song.

Yeah that's true, but don't forget Charles Manson used Beatles songs as 'instructions' for the things he and his followers did.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/24/12 11:48 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:

Link?

8/24/12 12:01 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote:
Link?

If he made legitimate threats he would have been charged with a crime.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
8/24/12 12:06 p.m.

Maybe he has a counselor whom he made threats to and the counselor could have talked with the police prior the mental health warrant, due to confidentiality the police can detain him, but can't press charges because that break confidentiality.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
8/24/12 12:36 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Maybe he has a counselor whom he made threats to and the counselor could have talked with the police prior the mental health warrant, due to confidentiality the police can detain him, but can't press charges because that break confidentiality.

Pressing charges or not doesn't have to do with the fear of breaking confidentiality; the counselor or therapist is allowed to contact the police if they believe the person is a threat to others and once the police have that info they can do with it as they please. If they're a danger to themselves then substitute hospital for police and they are required to maintain confidentiality.

GameboyRMH
8/24/12 1:01 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote:
Link?

Here's a super-long image of his facebook posts:

https://www.networkworld.com/community/files/user13712/Raub_-_www_facebook_com_brandon_raub_sk_wall.gif

Relevant quote:

Brandon Raub said: This is the part where I tell the Federal Government to go berkeley itself. This is the part where I tell Generals, training our young men to fight Americans, I am coming for you. The Veterans will be with me.

About 1/2 way down.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
8/24/12 2:15 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Maybe he has a counselor whom he made threats to and the counselor could have talked with the police prior the mental health warrant, due to confidentiality the police can detain him, but can't press charges because that break confidentiality.

If so, the confidentiality has already been broken, no reason to withhold it any longer

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/24/12 3:20 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
Brandon Raub said: This is the part where I tell the Federal Government to go berkeley itself. This is the part where I tell Generals, training our young men to fight Americans, I am coming for you. The Veterans will be with me.
About 1/2 way down.

Brother, if you don't think the military isn't prepared to defend the status quo from an internal civil uprising....you must think the military isn't doing the job it's hired to do. I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm saying they'll be prepared if it does. I'm not a truther, 9/11 conspiracy theorist, or any of that. I do know the military pays people smarter than I to sit around and think "What if..." They take those ideas and draw up plans. There is one for civil war being fought by citizens. Bet on it.

8/24/12 3:40 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: I do know the military pays people smarter than I to sit around and think "What if..." They take those ideas and draw up plans. There is one for civil war being fought by citizens. Bet on it.

They had one for "What if New Orleans floods" too.

I'm hoping if it comes to that - they execute with the same prompt efficiency and effectiveness so I have time to escape like the Trapp family in The Sound of Music.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
afUDQDRWLJnGUxmawBidTcvfe5BY00j0fzFjC5AYvOoM8Hqt7QO9RpBTiT0YS9LK