Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/19/19 9:35 a.m.

SWMBO's school is doing a trunk or treat next weekend.  We'd like to make my red miata look like lightning mcqueen as the theme of our "trunk".....

My google searching has turned up 0 decal kits that are of appropriate size..  

So what does the hive think...  We cut it out of construction paper? or what?  

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
10/19/19 10:08 a.m.

Not Lightning.... Mia or Tia. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/19/19 10:10 a.m.
Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/19 10:27 a.m.

Get a windshield cover with the eyes and add some lightning bolt decals on the quarters with a deck lid spoiler.

The character has had enough different "looks" that you just have to hit the highlights to pull it off.

Stefan
10/19/19 10:28 a.m.

Like this:

Disney Pixar Cars Lightning McQueen Front Car Windshield Sun shade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001XLG5FE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kUYQDbCAR8PD8

Stefan
10/19/19 10:29 a.m.

And this:

MFX Design Lightening Bolt (Left) Hard Hat Sticker Decal Toolbox Sticker Decal Yellow Vinyl - Made in USA 2.5 in. x 0.75 in. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRFCKJ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eVYQDbX7K7JDN

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/19/19 1:14 p.m.

Break a ball joint.

KA-CHOW!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/19 1:47 p.m.

We made my brothers truck look like Bigfoot with contact paper from Walmart. It cut easy with scissors and peeled off when he was done.  

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/19/19 6:36 p.m.

I googled McQueen and found some stickers.  For a one night, 3-5 hour event, do you want to gum up your car with contact paper?  Colorful paper and discreet taping?

Fueled by Caffeine
10/20/19 8:17 a.m.

The car hasnt been washed in years.   I'm sure the contact paper will come off nicely. Hahaha

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/19 9:23 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

To be fair, the paint was already E36 M3 by the time I bought the car in 2007. I never did figure out if the whole car had been resprayed with a clear-coat, or just the back, and if that was the case, why? There were no signs of the back having been hit. 

Fueled by Caffeine
10/20/19 11:27 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

The front has been done. The back never.  Looks like a right front was crunched at some time. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/20/19 12:07 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

The car hasnt been washed in years.   I'm sure the contact paper will come off nicely. Hahaha

Whoa! It was washed about 2 weeks before you bought it, but only at a diy place. That was the 2nd time in my ownership, but I’m relatively certain that it was the 2nd time since Pete owned it. It needs to be detailed obviously. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/19 5:31 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to Pete Gossett :

The front has been done. The back never.  Looks like a right front was crunched at some time. 

My understanding is the NAs never came from Mazda with factory clear coat. So I think it was repainted back there at some point.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P7ezKn5Lz3pYGNZoUM4n1C1NdFBcBK3fxyBgH8pIpNm4nuGm05A4ph1FoAo7aXcG