1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/10/13 7:25 p.m.

Wow! I read that whole manifesto. Couple of points about the guy after reading that.

I can definitely tell he was in the military by the first half of this document. If the stuff he stated in there is true, I can see how this could flip the crazy switch in his head. I absolutely do not condone what he is doing post switch flipping as far as murder but I agree with probably 80% of his soapbox speech. The guy appears to be rather intelligent and honest.

If this manifesto was written as 100% fact, I would not doubt that he would have turned in a bag full of money that he found.

When he started on the "high value list" I thought it was going to be a let's get whitey thing. But it appears he put everyone on the list that oppressing someone else.

Once again, I am not condoning his current actions, but if that is all true, I can see why he is angry. It does not give him a pass to kill people though.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/10/13 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

"The guy appears to be rather intelligent and honest."

yes, that makes me really consider his claims

murder to prove a point, no

S2
S2 New Reader
2/10/13 7:48 p.m.
mpolans wrote: Why do cops need suppressors?

Well, noise suppression to prevent hearing loss, especially if firing in a building. Despite its "evil" reputation in the US, it's nothing more than a muffler for your gun that makes your gun longer. Not nearly as sexy or evil when you look at it that way.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/10/13 8:03 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: In reply to Anti-stance: "The guy appears to be rather intelligent and honest." yes, that makes me really consider his claims murder to prove a point, no

I meant I absolutely do not condone his actions. I had a typo. I corrected it.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/10/13 8:08 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
fasted58 wrote: In reply to Anti-stance: "The guy appears to be rather intelligent and honest." yes, that makes me really consider his claims murder to prove a point, no
I meant I absolutely do not condone his actions. I had a typo. I corrected it.

I understood that, no problemo, was not directed at your post

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/10/13 8:14 p.m.

Quiet tactical insertion.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/10/13 8:39 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Quiet tactical insertion. AKA PITB

FTFY

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/10/13 9:04 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
Quiet tactical insertion. AKA PITB
FTFY

Is that Put In The Butt?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/10/13 10:22 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Note to self: stay outta LA well, Cali for that matter

Cali is not L.A.
L.A. is not Cali.
L.A. is L.A.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
2/10/13 10:48 p.m.

extra super not-cool

http://now.msn.com/christopher-dorner-is-first-drone-target-on-us-soil

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
2/10/13 10:50 p.m.

the way the people hunting him have been shooting first, makes me think they don't want him to live to talk.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/10/13 10:53 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote: extra super not-cool http://now.msn.com/christopher-dorner-is-first-drone-target-on-us-soil

WOW

Where is the left on this? The stupid policy (which was bad enough) read that the drones could target US citizens if they were part of a terrorist plot. Now we're talking a guy who is a suspect in a crime. Nothing proven, no jury, no judge. This is incredible.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/10/13 11:17 p.m.

In reply to tuna55:

Its criminal.......just like targeting US citizens abroad. As citizens, despite committing crimes, we are supposed to be protected to a fair and impartial trial.

If they kill him in a drone strike, I'll be the first person petitioning to have whomever ordered said strike charged with murder 1.

I am not even kidding.

alex
alex UltraDork
2/10/13 11:32 p.m.

The source in the above link (UK Express) claims the drones are being employed for thermal imaging only. You know, for now.

If this is true, this is a very big, very chilling development in the history of our country. To say it's concerning would be the understatement of a lifetime.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/10/13 11:33 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

They said "target," not "strike."

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/10/13 11:36 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Roger.....my bad, I don't view "targeting" as just "searching". Piss poor wording.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/13 11:37 p.m.

let's see.. two women shot up in a pickup.. then another guy rammed and shot at... I am sure that if they launch a drone, it is going to hit the one lone 98 pound school kid out in the desert because he is bald and resembles Dohner

And I agree with you Yamaha. So the many supposedly killed three and is "waging war" on LA's finest.. that does not warrent killing him without a trial. It's one thing if a police man's finger slips.. but to send a drone out that is positivly going to kill him if spotted.. that slipperly slope we keep talking about is going to go vertical fast

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/10/13 11:38 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Its still freaky though. You start with one thing, you move on to another. Why cant a chopper do the thermal targeting?

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/10/13 11:57 p.m.

Loitering time, Drones can go far longer than rotor wing craft.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/11/13 12:20 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to yamaha: Its still freaky though. You start with one thing, you move on to another. Why cant a chopper do the thermal targeting?

Blue Thunder could. Maybe LAPD sold it to buy more Han Solo thigh holsters.

My big question about any drone use would be whose jurisdiction are the drones operating under? Are they being loaned or rented to the LAPD by the federal gov? If not, does this mean the federal government is now involved in a manhunt for this dude?

jg

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/11/13 12:57 a.m.

AFAIK, the FBI is involved......they've probably got the same stuff the CIA uses for domestic applications. Their appropriations for billion dollar toilet seats probably paid for them over time.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/11/13 5:45 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to yamaha: Its still freaky though. You start with one thing, you move on to another. Why cant a chopper do the thermal targeting?
Blue Thunder could. Maybe LAPD sold it to buy more Han Solo thigh holsters. My big question about any drone use would be whose jurisdiction are the drones operating under? Are they being loaned or rented to the LAPD by the federal gov? If not, does this mean the federal government is now involved in a manhunt for this dude? jg

I'm sure LAPD has their own drones. Our sheriff does, and this is a semi-rural area. When the department of homeland security starts handing out money, you find a reason to get some of it....

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/11/13 7:39 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
Blue Thunder could. Maybe LAPD sold it to buy more Han Solo thigh holsters. My big question about any drone use would be whose jurisdiction are the drones operating under? Are they being loaned or rented to the LAPD by the federal gov? If not, does this mean the federal government is now involved in a manhunt for this dude? jg

Well murder is a felony/capital offense so I believe it does fall under federal jurisdiction.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
2/11/13 8:29 a.m.

After hearing more about the story I can't help but think I've seen this play out before:

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
2/11/13 8:42 a.m.

In reply to slefain:
I too could not help seeing this as a blockbuster movie script.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GyY8iyJfsACDdARjIiM05Q6TY7kmpYGI7w2BeuXx8pOP9F5TbWG6jvMIknTtlLpR