1 ... 10 11 12
NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
10/12/17 9:08 a.m.

I have to chuckle at a lot of the post event dialouge. All about the "Bump-Stock"could be a new hit song for someone.

Weapons and/or the growing stockpile of them in private hands, by and of themselves are not the real issue.  What scares me the most is the 30 million, and growing, number of pissed-off humans in the US. It does not take a large percentage of these to act out of what they perceive as desperation, and turn  to these stockpiles, to create a serious problem.

Here is a nice slab....

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/17 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

A week is about all the attention span we have anyway. 

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/12/17 9:36 a.m.
Wall-e said:

In reply to Appleseed :

A week is about all the attention span we have anyway. 

I seem to remeber something about Puerto Rico.....but it seems so long ago now.  Ah....I'm sure it wasn' a big deal.   

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
10/12/17 10:30 a.m.

It is all relative!  Give it a week and Vegas, PR or Houston wont matter. It's the new reality that we live in.

Much like watching a large snake eat a puppy...kinda cool if you can stand back and dispassionately watch it unfold.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/12/17 1:12 p.m.

How long are we to listen to the same news rejiggered to grab our attention?  Stuff happens, people are interested, then new stuff happens.  As long as the investigators and policy makers keep up to date...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/12/17 1:51 p.m.

I was up the night the Las Vegas story broke, around 2 a.m. EST/ 11 p.m. LV time. Actually saw it on a FB news feed first, the initial report was 2 dead, 20 wounded. CNN had reporters on site by then. I followed the next few days till the 15 minutes worth of new information released per day turned into hours of political commentary and agendas. Skip that, wait till the investigation is complete if it takes weeks or months. Let the victims and city heal, give 'em a break.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/17 9:15 p.m.

Cracked's "Some News" video on the Vegas shooting is a masterpiece...seek it out, if you dare.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
10/15/17 12:10 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Honestly I wouldn't worry about the law abiding owners, unless the control crowd manages to pass a confiscation law......that would likely be the tipping point on the tyrannical scale. 

1 ... 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0Gale3C6x01yGWDGnID9XsYDT6xan62qEyz4BkjEJZux3HaQvq2nB0lG5hq8UmaL