ShawnG MegaDork
3/31/24 4:05 p.m.
calteg said:
ShawnG said:

In reply to calteg :

Tell them you own a 308. 

Show them threads on this forum.

Can't hurt to try.

My good friend actually owned a 308...briefly. It caught fire and burned his garage to the ground about 3 weeks after purchase. His insurance company was absolutely convinced that it was fraud, but apparently they just catch fire sometimes.

A member here has had two of the same model Lotus do that.

And he keeps buying them.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
3/31/24 5:39 p.m.
ShawnG said:
calteg said:
ShawnG said:

In reply to calteg :

Tell them you own a 308. 

Show them threads on this forum.

Can't hurt to try.

My good friend actually owned a 308...briefly. It caught fire and burned his garage to the ground about 3 weeks after purchase. His insurance company was absolutely convinced that it was fraud, but apparently they just catch fire sometimes.

A member here has had two of the same model Lotus do that.

And he keeps buying them.

The Esprits were known for it. AFAIK, the turbos were mounted up high and were prone to spraying oil over the rest of the engine bay. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/31/24 7:33 p.m.

Wife and I spent the month of July in southern Italy last year. Amalfi was overrated so was Positano, we spent an hour in each and saw everything we needed to. Too crowded and flooded with influencers and aspiring influencers.

Sorrento is honestly better in our opinion. We ended up renting an apartment there and staying for 3 weeks. We loved it and the people. 

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
4/1/24 10:02 a.m.

Europe is small and your passport should be good.

Rent an Alfa, drive through the Stelvio Pass to Switzerland.

It's where they filmed parts of The Italian Job (The real one, not the stupid remake).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZukfMfMLYNgao2vpXeio0d6EmD8ZuoeqzNqffLEvyxbfftanfQjHigBntgbH3Ma4