1 2
Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/26/16 7:51 a.m.

OP: Your Mazda came from the factory with optional LEDs. GO get the housings from a junkyard and swap 'em.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
9/26/16 8:11 a.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

They offered HID's on these, and I looked them up before I did this, and they were around $800 per side for the housings alone via car-part.com. I will keep an eye out at the local junkyards around here in the future though.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
9/27/16 12:33 p.m.

Well, they showed up and I tossed them in. Very easy install. I do need to re-aim them a bit, but I did some testing by sitting in another vehicle to see how annoying they were to me both behind and oncoming, and they are fine. They do light up the sides of the roads a bit more than even my H9's did, but the glare factor is not any worse than the H9's (aka not bad). The cutoff pattern is not any worse than the H9's were, but again, they need to be re-aimed a bit to be perfect.

Only thing I don't really care for is the 6000K color; it's a little too blue for my taste. Like I said before, I have a set of working 5000k bulbs from another kit, so those will likely go in there. Hopefully they last a little while.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
9/27/16 5:30 p.m.

I have Cyclops H11s on my ER6N and they're ridiculously bright. May be a good option for the high beams only on the Mazda 3. Have the bright on the highway when you need it and regular H11 low beams to not dazzle or offend oncoming vehicles. As it is, I have to look at the aim on my headlight before I do any night riding.

HOLY BRIGHT though.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/27/16 5:41 p.m.

I am planning to put a Cyclops kit in my bike mostly because they are shock proof. I go thru H7 bulbs very quickly on the thing. I think the vibration riding fast on gravel does them in.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
833o93y5T5cz6Bqeie96P3cZC7Psf7W113JcD80Y7c3YF0B4ilDSTNp0YpRwqRn8