1 2
ShadowSix
ShadowSix Dork
12/7/16 1:26 p.m.
Klayfish wrote:
ddavidv wrote:
Furious_E wrote: Look up blue book value for your truck, wholesale, in poor condition. That's what they're going to give you, less deductible of course, unless you fight them tooth and nail for more.
Not true. One person's experience with incompetents does not indicate the correct way vehicle valuation works.
Exactly. That statement is just the typical uninformed and angry stuff you hear all the time. Has no basis in reality. In fact, the opposite tends to be true, but that's another story for another day.

I gotta say, the one and only time I had a car totaled out USAA gave me substantially more than I could possibly have sold the car for on my own.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/7/16 2:16 p.m.
ShadowSix wrote:
Klayfish wrote:
ddavidv wrote:
Furious_E wrote: Look up blue book value for your truck, wholesale, in poor condition. That's what they're going to give you, less deductible of course, unless you fight them tooth and nail for more.
Not true. One person's experience with incompetents does not indicate the correct way vehicle valuation works.
Exactly. That statement is just the typical uninformed and angry stuff you hear all the time. Has no basis in reality. In fact, the opposite tends to be true, but that's another story for another day.
I gotta say, the one and only time I had a car totaled out USAA gave me substantially more than I could possibly have sold the car for on my own.

State Farm did the same for me. I was very surprised.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
12/7/16 2:52 p.m.

I also received more than what I would have considered FMV from Allstate.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/7/16 2:58 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
ShadowSix wrote:
Klayfish wrote:
ddavidv wrote:
State Farm did the same for me. I was very surprised.

Us too, on my son's RX-7. They did not want to have to find another front clip for that thing. Since he had run it hot a little while earlier, I figured it was ticking time bomb and let them have it. Got a good bit more than we paid.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
12/8/16 8:26 a.m.
t25torx wrote:
ProDarwin wrote:
G_Body_Man wrote: In reply to t25torx: I've heard of medical bills in certain accidents going well over a million. Liability isn't mostly there for property.
This. I have a $500k CSL on mine. I made a *big* mistake near the tail of the dragon almost 10 years ago. Very glad I had a limit that high. That's with $0 in property damage and only one person injured. Medical bills get mega huge real quick.
Um.. story time? Or still too painful?

Short version:

Slid off the road and barrel-rolled my car on 28 near Fontana. I walked away but was really sore. Passenger had a neck injury due to the roof collapsing slightly on his side. Medical bills were large.

The memory of the accident/loss of car/personal pain is really not painful whatsoever. The painful part is that a friend got injured through my actions. Literally the worst I've felt in my entire life.

I'm a pretty cautious driver on the street now.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
niripjQdMMqrsdZ6IjiIgehgkk7CYJHPDdxLoYSgOreCrPwRyb3JWNMEFGt24HHB