edit OK, I'm in now.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/27/14 7:17 p.m.

I'll be in. Will set up tomorrow!

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
9/28/14 7:20 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: I'm a super boring investor.

Those are the best kind. The MarketWatch game I'm in, I have CSX and Whole Foods (among others). Yes - a railroad and a grocery store.

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
9/28/14 7:22 a.m.
SVreX wrote: One of my sons has signed up, the other one will later. Look for them to check in after the waiting period.

I saw three dudes with the same last name, so I'm assuming that's you guys. Good deal!

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
9/28/14 7:23 a.m.
JamesMcD wrote: I would like to participate in this. *edit* OK, I'm in now.

Awesome!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/28/14 8:13 a.m.
CamaroKeith wrote:
SVreX wrote: One of my sons has signed up, the other one will later. Look for them to check in after the waiting period.
I saw three dudes with the same last name, so I'm assuming that's you guys. Good deal!

Yep. You can whoop us all in one fell swoop.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/14 8:58 a.m.

I'm in!

That_Shakespeare_guy
That_Shakespeare_guy None
9/28/14 5:20 p.m.

Hey guys. I'm SVreX's son. I'll most likely be the youngest person in this game, so you had better beat me!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
9/28/14 8:16 p.m.

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping in on this. I think it should be a lot of fun.

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
9/28/14 10:45 p.m.

Give it time. I think people will warm to it.

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
9/28/14 10:48 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
CamaroKeith wrote:
Yep. You can whoop us all in one fell swoop.

If the winner of this game uses sound logic rather than dumb luck to win, then it's a victory for me.

chada75
chada75 New Reader
9/29/14 2:35 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: I'm a super boring investor.

Most of the Super Boring Investors on the market are usually the Richest! Count me in to even though I'm already investing in the markets with real money (not with the Million dollar deal on marketwatch :-().

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/29/14 8:54 a.m.

I'm in. It doesn't show my name on the list of players though, yet I pre-purchased everything according to the game rules.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
9/29/14 8:56 a.m.

I'll sign up tonight.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/29/14 9:05 a.m.

I registered i think. Site is a little awkward to navigate.

GameboyRMH
9/29/14 9:19 a.m.

You can pre-purchase stuff? I'm gonna do some pre-purchasing tonight then!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/29/14 9:42 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: You can pre-purchase stuff? I'm gonna do some pre-purchasing tonight then!

I'm not sure I used the right term. I already placed all of my orders for roughly $1M worth of stuff.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/29/14 9:43 a.m.

I'm buying stuff now... but i'm already lost.

Says i have $2 million buying power, but only $1 mil net worth/cash. Things i'm buying are coming off of buying power, but not cash.

Am i eating up my credit without knowing?

GameboyRMH
9/29/14 9:48 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Says i have $2 million buying power, but only $1 mil net worth/cash. Things i'm buying are coming off of buying power, but not cash. Am i eating up my credit without knowing?

Beyond the $1M cash you have $1M "margin" that you have to pay interest on and commissions from...sounds like the credit card from hell

CamaroKeith wrote: Like for example, the one I am in you have a $1M budget + $1M in margin you can tap into. However, if you start tapping into the margin, you are charged interest. And there are commissions you have to pay for each transaction.
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/29/14 9:51 a.m.

Right but, i just spent $1,050,000.

It still says i have $1,000,000 cash.

Is this simply just because the game hasn't begun yet? On Oct 1, i'll see those numbers change to $0.00 cash and $50k credit?

GameboyRMH
9/29/14 9:59 a.m.

I'd guess so.

I wonder what happens when the stock price changes between pre-purchasing and the start of the game?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/29/14 10:14 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Right but, i just spent $1,050,000. It still says i have $1,000,000 cash. Is this simply just because the game hasn't begun yet? On Oct 1, i'll see those numbers change to $0.00 cash and $50k credit?

Right, your orders haven't gone through yet. Check back at 9:30 AM on Wednesday.

GameboyRMH wrote: I'd guess so. I wonder what happens when the stock price changes between pre-purchasing and the start of the game?

You'll buy at the Wed morning price. I think the default is to buy by $ value, so you'll spend the same amount of $ (roughly), but the # of shares will be different.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/29/14 10:20 a.m.

Trying to make a purchase right now, says "Your order submission was rejected. Order shares 2000 are over game volume restriction 6."

I didn't see anything about this in the rules.

This is weird, because i've already done two purchases for 2000 shares.

EDIT:

I cancelled everything and tried to start over, and now i can't buy 2000 of anything at all.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/29/14 10:26 a.m.

Hmm. Cancelling usually takes some time, I'd come back and try it a bit later. Maybe they are making that aspect like the real world

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/29/14 10:29 a.m.

Ok i think i found something broken. I've been trying to buy Mazda. It will not let me buy more than 5 shares, no matter how much money i have left.

I can buy 5.

I cannot buy 6, 10, 100, 1000, or 10000.

I CAN still, however, blow my entire wad on say.... Ebay for example.

1 2 3 4 ... 31

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dUi3LIdGkFKTRKa4pggeBhSiU8ux87XyMiOG65YY6lOUuGgtrYTRhOmxdLVq4S9M