1 2
sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/14/20 5:54 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

I will admit that I had some trouble lapping the [ Griswald wagon ] at Road Atlanta, two years later in my TL.  It definitely has some stones down the straights, and handled turn 1 faster than I expected it to.  Ended up getting the pass in the short shute between two and three... iirc.

sleepyhead the buffalo
5/23/20 8:20 a.m.

yeah, the whole reminiscing thing is going to take a bit of time.  there's a lot to do, to keep up with the sleepykids at home... plus, things are going towards 'step 1 of normal' are here, and now I have to share this device with everyone else to perform telepresence events.

Also, I ended up slamming the shutter button a bunch as the week wore on, and I haven't quite figured out how to mix those surplus of pictures with words.

I will say, the first transit in the CTS-V was eventful.  I got some pics of another team, and we had a car spin out and slam the center concrete wall just ahead of us as we were going around a downhall left hander in the highway.

I also started spending some time trying to figure out the right way to capture the V... as compensation for the free seat to hang out in for the week...

sleepyhead the buffalo
1/14/21 9:18 a.m.

The pandemic, and some other things have caused this thread to wither a fair amount.

Of late, I've been having to sit and put pen to paper as a method of encouraging sleepykid#1 to finish assignments.  Yesterday, that meant I took a circle the kid drew too big for a head, and just started filling it... and in the course of that realized I'd never drawn waves before.

Fast forward to today, I made an attempt at them on their own, and did some digital additions...

nothing earth shattering or ground breaking, but still a worthwhile exercise.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/14/21 9:25 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

I don't really sketch at all any more.  I used to keep sketchbooks in college.  DW got me a little Strathmore sketchbook and some pens for Yuletide.  I need to start keeping a sketch journal and make myself draw a little something every day.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
1/14/21 5:13 p.m.

Covid has caused me to stop sketching. I do portraits at the watering hole(s) I hang at. The very last one on March 8th was of a young couple together. They bought it. Damn I want to go wandering again.

sleepyhead the buffalo
7/1/21 6:34 a.m.

6 months, apparently is about the time for another update to this slow thread.  Thus, some more deep thoughts about photography... but these aren't my own:

The adventure changes again soon; who knows if that is going to lead to more time to tug at the strings of this thread and develop it into something.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
apHTSGph507ZmSaBNLPWmzPpqszkOuNKKu7MDKR9LdF0daQrHhfBIpzYmxxnVzV5