1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 ... 1732
Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/22 12:16 p.m.

I have been learned about NOT stacking rocks.  

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
8/27/22 12:38 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

True.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/22 12:59 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/27/22 1:00 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/27/22 1:21 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

“How can you have money,” demanded Ford, “if none of you actually produces anything? It doesn't grow on trees you know.”
“If you would allow me to continue.. .”
Ford nodded dejectedly.
“Thank you. Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
Ford stared in disbelief at the crowd who were murmuring appreciatively at this and greedily fingering the wads of leaves with which their track suits were stuffed.
“But we have also,” continued the management consultant, “run into a small inflation problem on account of the high level of leaf availability, which means that, I gather, the current going rate has something like three deciduous forests buying one ship’s peanut."

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/22 2:24 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to RX Reven' :All in all, don't rock stack.  Rock stacking is bad.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
8/27/22 5:02 p.m.
Indy - Guy said:

Alternatively:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but i sure wish we were consistent in how we applied monetary policy.  

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/22 5:37 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

I don't have a dog in the fight, but i sure wish we were consistent in how we applied monetary policy.  

We are consistent.  If it takes millions upon millions we throw money right at it.

But this is edging close to poly-ticks and we don't want that.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/22 5:53 p.m.
Flynlow (FS) said:
Indy - Guy said:

Alternatively:

I'd probably have my loans paid off, and still have my my veterinary practice but for the bank bailout. 

During the Great Recession, Wells Fargo turned down a $200,000 cash offer to buy out the loan on my practice, then sold it on Craigslist. Both WF and BoA did similar things to veterinarians all over the country.  They were making more money shutting down our practices, writing the loans off, and taking bailout money. Our tax dollars made suing us into bankruptcy a better deal for the bank. 

While I'm on this rant, don't expect me to feel guilty if I get part of my remaining balance forgiven (I've refinanced, probably not eligible anyway), and I don't begrudge any else that gets a break. 

The minimum interest rate on my federal loans was 8.25%.  I've paid over $300,000 on a $65,000 loan, still owe half of it. That's not unusual. Many of us have paid far more than the original balance and interest. 

Meme...

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
8/27/22 6:18 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Sorry Boss, can't come in today. I am unable to eat diarrhea. Probably won't be able to eat it tomorrow either.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
8/27/22 6:19 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

I mean, it might be a good deal if they can turn you into a Tudor.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/27/22 6:33 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/27/22 8:25 p.m.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/27/22 8:55 p.m.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/27/22 8:57 p.m.

Most (nearly all) surveys show that this is highly unpopular...a contract is a contract is a contract.

I'm completely unimpressed with the other forgiveness measures you sited...I hated those like I hate the current one.

I paid my way through college, I'm currently paying my eldest daughters way through college, in four years, I'll be paying my youngest daughters way through college and now I'm being forced to pay for other kids college...beeeerk off, seriously, beeerk off!!!   

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/27/22 9:12 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

And through your taxes, you will also pay many more people's way through college. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
8/27/22 9:17 p.m.
RX Reven' said:

Most (nearly all) surveys show that this is highly unpopular...a contract is a contract is a contract.

I'm completely unimpressed with the other forgiveness measures you sited...I hated those like I hate the current one.

I paid my way through college, I'm currently paying my eldest daughters way through college, in four years, I'll be paying my youngest daughters way through college and now I'm being forced to pay for other kids college...beeeerk offff, seriously, beeerk offf!!!   

I sacrificed,  I mean  REALLY sacrificed to pay my loans off as well as my wife's.   Finished up  about four years ago now.   I (along with everyone else) who did the right thing and paid our debts are getting screwed.  AGAIN.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/27/22 9:17 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

You paid your way through college. Why are you paying it twice more for others if you did it on your own?

Meme deleted by mod

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/22 9:24 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/22 9:27 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/27/22 9:29 p.m.
Indy - Guy said:
RX Reven' said:

I paid my way through college, I'm currently paying my eldest daughters way through college, in four years, I'll be paying my youngest daughters way through college and now I'm being forced to pay for other kids college...beeeerk offff, seriously, beeerk offf!!!   

I sacrificed,  I mean  REALLY sacrificed to pay my loans off as well as my wife's.   Finished up  about four years ago now.   I (along with everyone else) who did the right thing and paid our debts are getting screwed.  AGAIN.

berkeleyin a!

Im seriously pissed about this one.  Penalized again for doing the right thing. 

Meme unrelated?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/27/22 9:42 p.m.
SV reX said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

And through your taxes, you will also pay many more people's way through college. 

My friend, I think the system is absolutely insane...."Aircooled", who is an Ultra Dork on this site and is the legal god father to both of my daughters has to pay for public education even though he never had kids.  Same thing with my co-workers that don't have kids but still have to subsidize my family of four's health care expenses.  Now, I've got to pay for other kids college...please, please, please just stop...I don't want other people paying my bills and I don't want to pay other people's bills...please, please, please just stop!!!

Gary
Gary UberDork
8/27/22 9:52 p.m.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/27/22 9:59 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
8/27/22 10:05 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

I imagine we'd find ourselves agreeing quite a bit over beers, but maybe we should steer things back to memes?

1 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 ... 1732

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9wSaloU3BLfFZn0dDOWsN4QO5q5J3AJ21LO8Q0C4fzPuo3uhEl0Xwqzecg12ACXD