1 ... 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 ... 1745
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/7/22 3:32 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fahseeit.com%2Fking-include%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F06%2F64459350_2847250048680758_3227261018002670840_n-259155929.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/7/22 3:56 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/7/22 7:13 p.m.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/7/22 7:38 p.m.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/7/22 7:46 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/7/22 9:40 p.m.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/7/22 9:52 p.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
9/7/22 11:39 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

True story: my parents had a storage freezer in their basement that they got second hand. It was there since my first memories of going downstairs to fetch things out of it for dinner. It was there my entire childhood, and well after I moved out.  It rusted. It froze over, and had to be defrosted. But it just kept running. Eventually my parents replaced it, because mom hated having to defrost it a couple of times a year and the rust on it was getting really ugly. But it was still working. It was probably 50 years old at that point.

My parents still have a Frigidaire upright freezer from 19-sumthin.  Runs like a stinking top. If I had to guess, it was built in the '60s. All rounded edges, script Frigidaire logo on the door, and copper trim on the shelf edges inside. Damn thing will freeze glycol...

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/8/22 8:25 a.m.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
9/8/22 9:16 a.m.

I'm 53 and have contributed nothing....

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/8/22 9:45 a.m.
Recon1342 said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

True story: my parents had a storage freezer in their basement that they got second hand. It was there since my first memories of going downstairs to fetch things out of it for dinner. It was there my entire childhood, and well after I moved out.  It rusted. It froze over, and had to be defrosted. But it just kept running. Eventually my parents replaced it, because mom hated having to defrost it a couple of times a year and the rust on it was getting really ugly. But it was still working. It was probably 50 years old at that point.

My parents still have a Frigidaire upright freezer from 19-sumthin.  Runs like a stinking top. If I had to guess, it was built in the '60s. All rounded edges, script Frigidaire logo on the door, and copper trim on the shelf edges inside. Damn thing will freeze glycol...

this was after 20 minutes with my steamer to get the door open and get to the knob to defrost. Old stuff is awesome. I kinda forgot it needs manually defrosted, for like 10 months. This fridge combo sat in storage almost 20 years after being in I don't know how many houses and still works better than the LG we bought at the beginning of lockdown.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/8/22 2:04 p.m.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/8/22 2:25 p.m.
Recon1342 said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

I'm still using an Amana refrigerator purchased when we bought the house in 1992.  Still works. While I wouldn't mind having some of the fancy features of new fridges,  I'm not sure if it's worth it given how short the life spans seem to be.  My mother is on her 4th one since buying her house in 1995.  I think her last super fancy and super expensive fridge lasted less than 5 years.

Semi-related meme?

May be a cartoon of ‎text that says '‎EiTHER ..لEH I CAN'T! I CAN OR GONNA WASTE my I'M NOT TiME THINKiNG ABOUT ¡T! A BREAK! SIVE ME Vine ឈប្ ملق 11 4 1" "hien 小家り ニワァ・ 0ا١١ THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULDN'T CARE LESS‎'‎

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/8/22 2:43 p.m.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/8/22 2:58 p.m.

Brand loyalty is very much a thing in this area of the country:

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/8/22 5:10 p.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/22 5:21 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/22 7:26 p.m.

He finally did it.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/22 8:51 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I don't get the joke, and that's Princess Anne.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
9/8/22 9:00 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

I don't get the joke, and that's Princess Anne.

Go watch Naked Gun and it's not Princess Anne.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/8/22 9:01 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

One of The Naked Gun movies had a plot to kill the Queen during a visit to Los Angeles.  Reggie Jackson was brainwashed to do it at an Angels game

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/8/22 9:41 p.m.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/8/22 9:42 p.m.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/8/22 9:49 p.m.
Recon1342 said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

My mom used the same Maytag washing machine for over 50 years. Pretty sure the renters in the old farm house are still using it.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
9/8/22 11:10 p.m.

1 ... 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 ... 1745

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bSp7SM8ECWJEUm0z4KSwJc50DIVHs0ZiW23bwmqBlKlazW2WErwIxGRE1aHqtYxl