914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/6/23 9:57 a.m.

In reply to No Time :

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/6/23 10:08 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

If you're talking about the image with the, uhh, questionable protuberance, I didn't get it when I was looking at my phone.

But in the larger image, you can see it's a handhold punch in exactly the right (wrong?) place on the side of the box.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/6/23 10:09 a.m.
gearheadmb said:

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

I'm dying over here imagining how that E36 M3 would go down today.

People are trying to do it, I've read that there's a huge shortage of laying breed chicks. The article had interviews with people with backyard chickens, and someone from an organization that many of them belong to. All of them said that even with current prices, buying eggs is a lot cheaper than raising chickens. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/6/23 10:38 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Domen Fras on Twitter: "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion,  man. https://t.co/dkw74PUTwA" / Twitter

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/6/23 10:44 a.m.
gearheadmb said:

I'm dying over here imagining how that E36 M3 would go down today.

Pretty sure we already have the answer to that--

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/6/23 10:47 a.m.

Unless you have a steady supply of free food, there's no question buying is cheaper than raising. Especially over the winter when lack of heat and light slows down or fully stops the laying cycle for a while. I packed my last full dozen December 1, I've had 6-8 eggs from 13 birds since then. Part of that I can attribute to the garbage food that's been coming out of tractor supply lately though (there's a wormhole for anyone bored enough). 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/6/23 11:27 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/6/23 11:32 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/6/23 12:28 p.m.

Ah, thank you.  Now, the different color of shoes .....

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/6/23 12:33 p.m.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/6/23 12:35 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
2/6/23 12:39 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

We've been buying our feed from a place here in MD that makes it.  Cost is about $25 for a 40 lb sack. I didn't even realize there was an issue with food until I read about it on some other article about the chicken flu.  And then I got worried that there'd be a run on it.  

We're getting 3-4 eggs per day out of a flock of 15.  In the summer that'll about double. We have a bin in the kitchen for "chicken compost" food scraps, and get old pumpkins and other garbage produce to supplement them (some from our own garden). Even so, I figured even in the summer months the cost is about 50 cents per egg. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/6/23 12:58 p.m.

I'm trying to find a shop that makes it. I did get an offer from one of the horse farms nearby, but I use about 150lbs/month, and I hate bothering them for such a small amount. I'm kicking around mixing my own but that's a whole other rabbit hole to fall down.

volvoclearinghouse
2/6/23 1:31 p.m.

May be an image of bedroom and text that says 'Progress is the best feeling in the world Nick A @NickFolarin I love posts like this. It shows realistic and relatable growth, which often isn't shown on social media.'

volvoclearinghouse
2/6/23 1:37 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

This is what we use.  Since you're in western PA, you may be able to find it near you.  Looks like there's a place in Cumberland, MD that sells it.  You can buy it online, too, but with shipping it's about double the price. 

https://www.hhfeeds.com/

2/6/23 1:41 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
2/6/23 1:52 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Considering Beethoven's 9th is about 70 minutes long...

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/6/23 1:59 p.m.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/6/23 2:01 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/23 2:09 p.m.

That's a question in an MBA exam. It's gotta be.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/23 3:57 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Actually, that was South Carolina, where it finally got shot down. The US military took the credit, but come on, you think in the whole state of SC, when they got word there was a giant Chinese Spy Balloon floating over their state, there wasn't an army of civilian men and women locked and loaded and ready to blast that motherberkeleyer out of the berkeleying sky?

And that is why we need the Second Amendment. laugh

Yep, one more thing that didn't make it out of Dirty Myrtle Beach without getting shot. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/6/23 4:24 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

That's a question in an MBA exam. It's gotta be.

I was suspecting a humorous example from "The Mythical Man-Month (Essays on Software Engineering)," which goes into the vast array of ways you can't cut time (musical pun intended) by increasing headcount.

It's driving me up a tree... I think I heard a funny thing recently riffing on the seral ________ as parallel ________ thing, but I can't remember what it was. Argh.

This will have to do:

Image result from https://starecat.com/serial-killer-parallel-killer-dexter/

johndej
johndej SuperDork
2/6/23 5:41 p.m.

Since we're nerding a bit.

2/6/23 7:13 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

I was thinking this was Florida, but before I claimed credit for my home state, I looked it up. Great Northern beer is an Australian brand.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/6/23 7:27 p.m.

Thanks.  Better.

1 ... 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1745

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2upFtAO7IgvsdkwM4PoReKcOmXd0g59bdFUh5nozAjrmJENpslcvEL4KRipjXlH4