ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
6/25/23 8:45 p.m.

Sorry, I can't help myself.

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
6/25/23 9:04 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

He's a billionaire, so, at least in my state, he can actually self-insure, so no need to commit insurance fraud. I'm guessing he drives without displaying license plates, but he could have it registered and have plates for it. He could register it under whatever chassis it is based off and since he's a billionaire, he probably has dozens of other cars, registered to him or a trust or a company, etc, so having say a black 1955 Lincoln sedan registered to him or one of his trusts/companies would not necessarily draw much suspicion. I think driving without tags displayed is probably not something Batman, Steve, or anyone else in Gotham would be concerned about. Still a funny meme though.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/25/23 10:18 p.m.
90BuickCentury said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

He's a billionaire, so, at least in my state, he can actually self-insure, so no need to commit insurance fraud. I'm guessing he drives without displaying license plates, but he could have it registered and have plates for it. He could register it under whatever chassis it is based off and since he's a billionaire, he probably has dozens of other cars, registered to him or a trust or a company, etc, so having say a black 1955 Lincoln sedan registered to him or one of his trusts/companies would not necessarily draw much suspicion. I think driving without tags displayed is probably not something Batman, Steve, or anyone else in Gotham would be concerned about. Still a funny meme though.

When I was a kid, there was an old Batman story (1950's) where the Batmobile had engine damage, so he lifted the body off, put it on his sports car chassis, the had to find the photo the reporter had taken from ground level, because the serial number was visible...

Plus the bad guy kept getting away because the imitation Batmobile wasn't fast enough...

Weird E36 M3 sticks in my brain sometimes.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/23 10:19 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

When I was a kid, there was an old Batman story (1950's) where the Batmobile had engine damage, so he lifted the body off, put it on his sports car chassis, the had to find the photo the reporter had taken from ground level, because the serial number was visible...

Plus the bad guy kept getting away because the imitation Batmobile wasn't fast enough...

Weird E36 M3 sticks in my brain sometimes.

I would like to read these classic issues of Grassroots Batmansports.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/26/23 12:34 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/26/23 12:37 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/26/23 3:03 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/26/23 3:09 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/26/23 3:12 p.m.
NickD said:

That looks delicious to me, but that would instantly vaporize either of my sisters.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/23 4:24 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Texmex is generally over seasoned to the point you can't taste what the seasonings are on. I'm pretty sure they are hiding substandard food. 

Interestingly enough, the food I have had in Mexico was nothing like that. 

Mostly unrelated. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/26/23 4:48 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I go to the local places where I see lots of actual Mexican folks eating.  If I'm not having trouble making the señora behind the counter understand what I want, I'm not in the right place.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/26/23 4:56 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I think that level of heat in Mexican food is very regional. When I lived in Ohio it was available either of two ways: bland or melt-your-flesh. Where I live, they usually ask. The other day a place had five optional levels of fire.  Kudos for getting it so dialed in. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
6/26/23 5:33 p.m.

Laughs in Thai, I asked for Thai hot in a place that operates out of an old gas station, waiter straight told me "we don't serve that to you white boys". I was able to convince them to have some, it was hot but still not convinced if they were holding back or not. They grow their own peppers and herbs in the side plot. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/26/23 5:34 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/23 5:55 p.m.
johndej said:

Laughs in Thai, I asked for Thai hot in a place that operates out of an old gas station, waiter straight told me "we don't serve that to you white boys". I was able to convince them to have some, it was hot but still not convinced if they were holding back or not. They grow their own peppers and herbs in the side plot. 

I used to frequent a lovely little Indian restaurant.  The chef would make you food so hot he wouldn't eat it, if you requested it.  After a while, we passed whatever barrier and were granted the good stuff.  The waiters would peer around the kitchen corner, watching us eat smiley  Even without the heat it was some of the best food I'd ever had, let alone best vegetarian food.  

We were usually the last people there on Friday night, so we usually tipped 150%.

Bringing this thread around.... India was one of the countries England invaded to get better food.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/26/23 8:41 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/26/23 8:46 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/26/23 8:47 p.m.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/26/23 8:52 p.m.
NickD said:

Plus everyone in olfactory range! 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/26/23 9:12 p.m.
NickD said:

This meme was written by somebody who has no idea what the UK is like. You guys realize the Indian is the most popular food in the UK? 8 pints of larger and a   chicken vindaloo was pretty much right of passage for any 16-year-old.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/26/23 9:25 p.m.

Meme unrelated

Okay not unrelated... what got us started eating Indian, besides one of us being vegetarian, was spending our impressionable little selves watching too much Red Dwarf together, and reading the books.

And a Red Dwarf fan could tell you that beer is the only thing that can kill a vindaloo

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/26/23 9:32 p.m.

1 ... 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 ... 1735

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
napr2WaWYK1ssweO7VYRfYWnOdcGEv0ECraWlc6vhwSPn7FBAUyzPknbU5rjKBji