1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 1726
Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/30/23 6:37 p.m.

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎حیہ AREVE Full tank of gas always feels great.‎'‎

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/31/23 8:27 a.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/23 9:43 a.m.
Duke said:

I see this pop up on the book of faces fairly regularly. I have to wonder if the people posting it have ever been up north. Canadian mosquitoes are 10 times worse than South Carolina mosquitoes. They are bigger and much more voracious. Camping up there is terrible without gallons of DEET and a couple of Thermocells. When those berkeleyers land on you it's like getting stabbed with a #2 Phillips. 

110 The World Needs More Canada ideas | canada, o canada, canadian things

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/31/23 9:44 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/31/23 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

RE: Mosquitos - Actually, I agree with you 100%.  I just thought it was funny.

Meme unrelated:

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/23 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Sierra-Nevada skeeters aren't so huge, but I once got 17 with a single slap, so there's that. Still none of them will beat accidentally kicking a yellowjacket nest, or having a horsefly bite you that was so large I could actually see your detached piece of flesh in his jaws. Ah, the outdoor life!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/31/23 3:25 p.m.

I have fished in the Everglades at dusk. Alaska mosquitoes are a magnitude worse. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/23 3:39 p.m.

Gotta send in the birds

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/23 5:12 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

When I was bartending in the carribean I had a southern customer that just got to the island and first thing he exclaimed at the bar was "Damn son, these mosquitos down here could flat foot berkeley a turkey!"

It was a very colorful week with him at the bar.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/31/23 5:52 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
7/31/23 6:36 p.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/31/23 6:42 p.m.
preach said:

When I was bartending in the carribean I had a southern customer that just got to the island and first thing he exclaimed at the bar was "Damn son, these mosquitos down here could flat foot berkeley a turkey!"

It was a very colorful week with him at the bar.

Please tell me he pronounced it, "mosquiters".

Meme only tangentially related:

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/31/23 7:57 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/31/23 8:58 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
7/31/23 10:23 p.m.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
7/31/23 10:40 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

fist bump .................

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
7/31/23 11:46 p.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/1/23 7:20 a.m.

I've never experienced bad mosquitoes up north.  Perhaps I m not the right flavor.  Unfortunately here in NC, they love me.  I'm the magnet at any outdoor gathering.  And my reaction to them is worse than most - each bite swells to a about the size of a quarter.

The weird thing is I grew up in VA and never once used bug spray.  By age 30 I could count the times I had been bit on one hand and the reaction was inconsequential.  As soon as I moved to NC it's like a switch was flipped.  Yesterday I had 2 tiki torch mosquito repellant things going and I sprayed myself head to toe with OFF before I worked on my deck 10 ft off the ground.  I still walked in with 5 or 6 bites after an hour.  

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/23 7:55 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

We get a few around the house. Mostly small and not a real nuisance. Go out to the swamp around the Francis Marion National Forest and they are pretty impressive. The worst I've ever seen was camping on the shores of Lake Superior at the Sunset Shores Resort on Batchawana Bay in Ontario.

When You Finally See That Mosquito Pictures, Photos, and Images for  Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/1/23 8:02 a.m.
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) said:

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎حیہ AREVE Full tank of gas always feels great.‎'‎

We had a Mercedes 300e, one day my wife comes in "There's something wrong with the car".   What's wrong?  "I dunno, the shields are up".

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
8/1/23 9:29 a.m.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
8/1/23 9:30 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/1/23 9:41 a.m.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/1/23 9:42 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

I've never experienced bad mosquitoes up north.  Perhaps I m not the right flavor.  Unfortunately here in NC, they love me.  I'm the magnet at any outdoor gathering.  And my reaction to them is worse than most - each bite swells to a about the size of a quarter.

The weird thing is I grew up in VA and never once used bug spray.  By age 30 I could count the times I had been bit on one hand and the reaction was inconsequential.  As soon as I moved to NC it's like a switch was flipped.  Yesterday I had 2 tiki torch mosquito repellant things going and I sprayed myself head to toe with OFF before I worked on my deck 10 ft off the ground.  I still walked in with 5 or 6 bites after an hour.  

I just figured my mom was whiney about being outside but then I heard that some ppl really are more attractive to bugs. Sorry for your luck, man. 
According to those who research such things, there is no effective area denial product short of DDT for the whole neighborhood, so you can burn those candles all you want but won't get relief. However, mosquitos are not strong fliers so the unpredictable wind currents of an oscillating fan will help. Off Sportsmen Deep Woods 3 is the one to get, according to them, or the Ben's wipes.  

In my experience, I prefer the large ones from up north. I actually feel it when they land, unlike the tiny ones in KS. Those sneak in and go

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/23 10:04 a.m.

I think this qualifies as a meme on several levels.

1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 1726

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UQEcovkxLwfD1izflVnJ3HC3D8GmmsgTf5JGtW1ISyyGIgCqTnAmzWBRxFfJJdZz