NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/20/23 5:41 p.m.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
8/20/23 6:04 p.m.
NickD said:

Bbbut they are iconoclasts

The ultimate goal of the male is to be considered an iconoclast no matter who they are

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/23 6:36 p.m.
NickD said:

List is missing Eric Cartman and that guy from Parks and Rec

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/20/23 8:18 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/20/23 8:33 p.m.
GCrites said:
NickD said:

The ultimate goal of the male is to be considered an iconoclast no matter who they are

While I wouldn't say I idolize any of them, I'd say Deadpool is several rungs higher on the moral ladder than anyone else in that picture.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/20/23 8:56 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/20/23 9:02 p.m.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
8/20/23 9:08 p.m.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/20/23 9:10 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
GCrites said:
NickD said:

While I wouldn't say I idolize any of them, I'd say Deadpool is several rungs higher on the moral ladder than anyone else in that picture.

Forgot this guy:

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
8/20/23 9:16 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
GCrites said:
NickD said:

If we're talking morality, Rorschach is exceedingly moral and punishes any and all evil.
Its just that, by everyone else's standards, he's a bit... kookoobatE36 M3.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
8/20/23 9:52 p.m.

halloween-lord-of-the-rings-spooky-memes-Nothing-top-shelf-weirdos-here-friend-I-are-send-each-other-weird-things-dump-11

He said, after spending half the day with a GRM'er

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/20/23 10:11 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/23 10:28 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/20/23 10:29 p.m.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
8/20/23 10:33 p.m.

I bet that took care of that phones charging problem.;0)

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/21/23 8:25 a.m.
fasted58 said:

Does anyone else see a pig snout? I see a pig snout.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/21/23 8:34 a.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/21/23 8:56 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:
eastsideTim said:
GCrites said:
NickD said:

If we're talking morality, Rorschach is exceedingly moral and punishes any and all evil.
Its just that, by everyone else's standards, he's a bit... kookoobatE36 M3.

...and that is the point of the critique. He takes what seems like an ideal to its extreme conclusion and shows the flaws in extremism, even extremism for what is "right". He can not accept *any* deviation from his morality and metes out disproportionate punishment in response. What if you took Superman's credo of "Truth, Justice, and the American Way," but removed the compassion and desire to uplift and left only retribution and punishment?

He literally looks at the world through a mask of black and white. No color. No shades of gray.

It is the same reason why Inspector Javeir is a villain, when all he does is enforce the law. It's also why both men are destroyed at the end of their stories because they are too inflexible in their ideologies to accept nuance and uncertainty in a complicated and uncertain world.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
8/21/23 9:10 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I was just commenting on eastsideTim's comment that DP is the most moral one there.

Meme:

chandler
chandler MegaDork
8/21/23 9:11 a.m.
fasted58 said:

I was in "undisclosed location" St Louis for a POS rollout and there were two dead people in the dumpster. I've run shops in Gary Indiana, Las Vegas and West Memphis and never has it been such a Wild West feeling.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/21/23 9:53 a.m.

@fasted58:

Most of your recent posts in this thread are not showing up for me.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/23 9:58 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

He's linking directly from Facebook.  914Driver does it a lot also.

Edit for meme

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/21/23 10:04 a.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/23 10:16 a.m.
NickD said:

I don't get it, aside from Bojack and Rick who are entirely too annoying to watch, they're all the good guys?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/21/23 10:46 a.m.
chandler said:
fasted58 said:

I was in "undisclosed location" St Louis for a POS rollout and there were two dead people in the dumpster. I've run shops in Gary Indiana, Las Vegas and West Memphis and never has it been such a Wild West feeling.

Lived in Missouri for a few years, and definitely areas of St Louis I'm not going to stop for gas.  The city perpetually lives in the top ten list for most dangerous big cities in the US.  Kansas City doesn't usually rank too well, either.  I've accidentally driven through Gary, and the vibe there was different.  Like, anything that wasn't nailed down would get stolen, but felt less like I was at risk of getting assaulted.

1 ... 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 ... 1735

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1H4qCP4vysINB1vhdu0KdG6G8z46NV3eAkjwokCbppv3yxH5gF0y3Fbn028QT29M