1 ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 ... 1736
Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/19/23 6:56 p.m.
P3PPY said:

In reply to Duke :

I thought it was disabled the moment someone else replied or voted on it. 

I don't know about voting, but we're still 20 minutes shy of 2 hours since I made the post you replied to, and editing it is still an option for me.

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
12/19/23 7:56 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/23 7:57 p.m.
Duke said:
P3PPY said:

In reply to Duke :

I thought it was disabled the moment someone else replied or voted on it. 

I don't know about voting, but we're still 20 minutes shy of 2 hours since I made the post you replied to, and editing it is still an option for me.

And this is why Batman only comes out at night?

Pete. (l33t FS)
12/19/23 8:01 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) said:

SWMBO sang "Fire" in Elmer Fudd's voice the other day and it stuck in my head. angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IdFs9iqsQ

Now imagine Elmer Fudd singing "Running with the Devil".

Goofy singing "Running with the Devil"

Pete. (l33t FS)
12/19/23 8:10 p.m.
johndej said:

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

Per capita, more astronauts come from Ohio vs anywhere else in the United States, just something about the state that makes you want to leave this planet. 

More astronauts came from Ohio, went to frigging SPACE, and said, meh I am going back to Ohio.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/19/23 8:41 p.m.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/23 8:53 p.m.
aircooled said:

In reply to 914Driver :

The reality of who that dog should be comforting is wildly more disturbing and certainly not fit to show here!

I think it's a reference to a specific video taken through nightvision goggles, but yeah it could be a lot darker...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/19/23 9:49 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
12/19/23 9:59 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
12/19/23 10:31 p.m.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/19/23 11:17 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Robin Williams

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/23 11:55 p.m.

Ran across some Dennis Nedry memes:

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/20/23 12:51 a.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/20/23 12:52 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/20/23 7:30 a.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/23 8:07 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/20/23 8:26 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/20/23 9:16 a.m.

dclafleur
dclafleur Reader
12/20/23 9:27 a.m.

deafkitten-moderately-sized-DK-dump-of-stolen-memes-these-trying-times-1282

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/20/23 9:43 a.m.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/23 9:45 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

More astronauts came from Ohio, went to frigging SPACE, and said, meh I am going back to Ohio.

To spread the word of why everybody should leave.

May be an image of car, road and text

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/20/23 10:11 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

That is LITERALLY the point of the story. Hammond is an shiny happy person con artist who berkeleys over his workers.

It's more obvious in the book but...

Hammond underreported the scope of work he needed done at the parkl Nedry bid the lowest. After Nedry started working, Hammond suddenly goes, "Hey, I need you to do this now." Nedry responds, "WTF? That's not what we agreed on. That's going to take more time and a lot more money." Hammond tells him, "You'll do all this extra work for the amount we originally agreed on, or I'll start telling all your other clients how E36 M3ty you are and get your name blacklisted." Nedry gets pissed off and goes looking for an opportunity to get paid and preferably stick it to Hammond at the same time.

Hammond only *says* he spared no expense, but he spared a LOT of expenses.

Remember the "slimy" lawyer? He's there because enough poor South American workers are DYING HORRIBLY that the investors are noticing and asking questions.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
12/20/23 10:35 a.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/20/23 11:07 a.m.

This could go in the minor rant thread, but I want a knob that I push for on/off and turn for volume. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/20/23 11:22 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
GameboyRMH said:

That is LITERALLY the point of the story. Hammond is an shiny happy person con artist who berkeleys over his workers.

It's more obvious in the book but...

Hammond underreported the scope of work he needed done at the parkl Nedry bid the lowest. After Nedry started working, Hammond suddenly goes, "Hey, I need you to do this now." Nedry responds, "WTF? That's not what we agreed on. That's going to take more time and a lot more money." Hammond tells him, "You'll do all this extra work for the amount we originally agreed on, or I'll start telling all your other clients how E36 M3ty you are and get your name blacklisted." Nedry gets pissed off and goes looking for an opportunity to get paid and preferably stick it to Hammond at the same time.

Hammond only *says* he spared no expense, but he spared a LOT of expenses.

Remember the "slimy" lawyer? He's there because enough poor South American workers are DYING HORRIBLY that the investors are noticing and asking questions.

Yeah, the movie makes Hammond more of a visionary who's just out of his depth. In the book, Hammond is an absolute piece of E36 M3.

1 ... 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 ... 1736

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3aCTq8N4NMQKaNsv7HeAfdYzS4G6zMBk4AZmZFGYfKNvG6QfqD0y9eg0uNmZB63K