1 ... 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 ... 1737
Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/28/23 2:48 p.m.
No Time said:

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

Ripple is supposed to be a pretty good alternative to dairy. My wife uses the ripple H&H in her coffee. 

The kids have no issue using Ripple milk in cereal, but it's tough to find around here, and for the kids there is no reason to avoid dairy. 

Ripple?  Really?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/28/23 2:49 p.m.

The creamer in coffee is a much better example. I tried a few and just started drinking my coffee black. For a specialty coffee drink, forget it without the dairy.

Steak? I have steak 4-6 times a year. I like steak. It's good. I honestly think it is overrated though. If it weren't for my in-laws loving them, I probably would have it once a year, and it would probably be a marinated flank steak or else encrusted with cheese, or on a sandwich with cheese. I never order one from a restaurant. This might be different if I could regularly buy a GOOD steak, but I just can't afford it. The stuff in the store, even Costco, is mediocre at best and the stuff at the butchers is out of my tax bracket. 95% of the steak I have just tastes like meat. It's fine. But it's nothing to write home about. The fact that it can be improved with A1, Ketchup, other sauces, etc., should tell you that it's a mediocre meal. I can remember 4 steaks in my life that were that good on their own that I didn't at least think about A1.

I will happily substitute it with numerous things and be happier - that could be fish, chicken, sausage, portobello mushroom with Swiss and onion... they all get me what I'm looking for in a steak dinner - tasty food that fills me up with some sort of potato on the side. 

Similarly, I LOVE Fried chicken. But I only have it 4-6 times a year. I can get fried mushrooms, onions, pickles, etc., it scratches the itch just fine. I like chicken, but it's really that crunchy fried stuff I'm after.

I don't miss those things because I don't have them enough to miss, or there is a decent substitute (olive oil for butter). But cheese? I have cheese every single day. Same with a coffee creamer. 

No Time
No Time UltraDork
12/28/23 3:10 p.m.
Noddaz said:
No Time said:

Ripple is supposed to be a pretty good alternative to dairy. My wife uses the ripple H&H in her coffee. 

The kids have no issue using Ripple milk in cereal, but it's tough to find around here, and for the kids there is no reason to avoid dairy. 

Ripple?  Really?

Seems like we are looking at different ripples...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/28/23 3:25 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

The dairy substitute Ripple is really, really good. And also very expensive. 

No Time
No Time UltraDork
12/28/23 3:35 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Agreed, so it sees limited use. 

My wife uses the Ripple h&h in her coffee, but her and my 20yo use Lactaid milk for cereal. 

The 14yo and I use whole milk milk for cereal, and I use almond milk for breakfast shakes, although I may shift to whole milk. 

We also try to use naturally lactose free cheeses like havarti, Swiss, provolone, and parm when possible   

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/28/23 5:33 p.m.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/28/23 7:12 p.m.
No Time said:
Noddaz said:
No Time said:

Ripple?  Really?

Seems like we are looking at different ripples...

I dont know, man... Highly processed foods with sugar added to make it palatable... Pass. I tried almond milk without sweeteners and it was terrible.

If someone cant have milk, that does suck. How does the lactose free milk taste?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/28/23 7:33 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

Pretty normal, but slightly sweeter than regular milk.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/28/23 7:56 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/28/23 7:56 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/23 7:58 p.m.

So what's the acidophilus milk I grew up on?

Meme unrelated

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/28/23 8:32 p.m.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/28/23 10:21 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/28/23 10:46 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/28/23 11:57 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/23 1:52 a.m.
Duke said:

I'm surprised, I always assumed this guy was responsible:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/29/23 8:21 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/29/23 8:23 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/29/23 9:24 a.m.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/29/23 9:38 a.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/29/23 9:44 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/29/23 10:02 a.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/29/23 10:03 a.m.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/29/23 11:36 a.m.
David Elfering said:

What the he'll is that painting?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/29/23 12:06 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man by Salvador Dali

Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the new Man - Museum - Vintage  Posters - Stormposter.com

1 ... 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 ... 1737

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d3Hd7lPeh3QRw5ChiDk7JlKNktWL7rU7lKL4xvZYZFLzqcWKhlexclzDbS9M2mJe