aircooled MegaDork
2/6/24 6:53 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

cheeky

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/24 7:27 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

It's a missing line from the apostrophe fetishist tent revival from a few pages ago.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/6/24 7:28 p.m.
chandler said:
STM317 said:

May be an image of text that says 'The "it's just a little ol street car" starter kit BSOOK'

Mostly stock

Little shot and still on a small tire

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/6/24 7:43 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/24 8:04 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/6/24 8:05 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/6/24 8:05 p.m.

What's Amazon suggesting?

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/6/24 8:29 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
2/6/24 8:29 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/6/24 8:43 p.m.
aircooled said:

cheeky

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/6/24 8:50 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Meanwhile, F-150s are some of the most feminine vehicles you can buy...

Whenever I see an F-150, I usually think, "My minivan has hauled more building materials than that ever will."

May be an image of text that says 'Stefan America: You drive for four hours. You are still in the same part of the country. UK: You drive for two hours. The local accent has changed twice. Bread rolls have a a new name. Image via Imgur'

I can drive for four hours and still be in my state.

Unrelated

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/6/24 9:33 p.m.
Appleseed said:
aircooled said:

cheeky

Sorry for 1 downing your post.  But a minivan is still faster, hauls more stuff, gets better gas mileage, handles better, and stops faster.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/6/24 9:56 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I mean, you're not wrong, but there ain't a lot of things that ain't faster and doesn't get better mileage than a grimy old VZN130.

Meme because thread, and so on:

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/24 11:36 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

Sorry for 1 downing your post.  But a minivan is still faster, hauls more stuff, gets better gas mileage, handles better, and stops faster.

Until you actually get off the road.

Yeah, I agree that mini vans would work for most of the population, and they're excellent all around vehicles. If you also want to tow 5k, drive in sugar sand and go bang off of rocks, the mini van isn't going to work.
Why aren't mini vans more popular, outside of these edge cases? The problem is many people buy based on emotions, not actual facts.  The whole "this vehicle says things about my entire personality" questions from that survey point to why mini-vans aren't more popular, but that's no reason to slag on why an SUV can be the perfect ride for some people. 

WE MAY LOOK DIFFERENT'AND WE MAY COME FROM DIFFERENT PLACES BUT WE BOTH MAKE AN AMAZING BREAKFASTAND ANY TIME OF THE DAY MEAL FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY

(minor rant)

Do this in a mini van, and enjoy your $500 minimum recovery fee when you get stuck in the loose stuff coming onto the beach. Yeah, the conditions look alright in this photo, but you'll high center about half a mile up the beach and most likely wind up on Oregon Inlet Idiots or Corolla Beach Idiots.

May be an image of 2 people, car and beach

Or maybe do this, and wind up as a statistic due to unsafe towing:

SUVs have a niche. That's what they're for. Sure, if find you're not in a use case for an SUV, move past the image problems and get a mini-van. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/7/24 6:51 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/24 7:57 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/24 8:00 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/24 8:02 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/24 8:06 a.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/7/24 8:17 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

The whole "this vehicle says things about my entire personality" questions from that survey point to why mini-vans aren't more popular, but that's no reason to slag on why an SUV can be the perfect ride for some people. 

My minivan says things about my personality. It says I'm more worried about the practical application of getting E36 M3 done than what strangers think of me.

Winston Wolf drinks his coffee with a lot of cream, lot of sugar because that's how he likes it.

Winston Wolf in Pulp Fiction » BAMF Style

SUVs have a niche. That's what they're for. Sure, if find you're not in a use case for an SUV, move past the image problems and get a mini-van. 

Yup. How many SUV's are on the road? How many SUV's ever spend time in the niche they're meant for?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/7/24 8:17 a.m.

No description available.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/7/24 8:20 a.m.
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) said:

I can drive for four hours and still be in my state.

Here's my personal record:

jmabarone
jmabarone HalfDork
2/7/24 9:03 a.m.
bobzilla said:

No description available.

Missing love bug season

1 ... 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 ... 1734

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kPMbH7suzQw4blKf846CXoJX97ZtYvOpt1jo5hpJsRz2JoLK6kR5AbO71ghZGwre