P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/24 9:23 a.m.
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) said:
Mr_Asa said:
Streetwiseguy said:
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

I once had a minor freak out when I couldn't feel my keys in my pocket. After a dozen or so seconds of panic, I found them.

They were in the ignition of the truck I was driving. While doing 80mph on the expressway on my way to work.

The worst part is that I have done that more than once indecision.

This very day, not 12 hours ago, I was wandering around the shop searching for the portable phone I was listening to...

You would be surprised how many people fall for someone calling them and saying "i cant find my phone, can you look around for it?"

Bish, please. I've used the flashlight on my phone to look for my phone in my car.

It is not uncommon for me to start to pull the door handle on the car to get out and check the tire pressure WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/13/24 10:10 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/13/24 10:22 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/13/24 10:54 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

We have a regular king bed, which for some berkwitted reason something like 2" off of square. Not enough to actually make a difference in how you sleep, but just enough to make sure the sheet doesn't fit right if it's on the wrong way.

So once we figure out the right orientation, we mark what corner it is on the label with a Sharpie.

67LS1
67LS1 Reader
7/13/24 11:06 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah before I had kids of my own, I was a "Aint no kid of mine gonna live on chicken nuggets" kind of parent. Eldest Queso Kids aren't picky. My youngest eats chicken nuggets, cheese pizza, and butter noodles. Only.

No one can make you eat your owns words quite like your kids. 

My 7YO grandson will eat anything. He could max out a credit card at a sushi restaurant. His favorite snack is a whole cucumber. Doesn't even peel it. But he doesn't have a sweet tooth like his grandpa. I'd like an occasional nugget....

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
7/13/24 12:33 p.m.
67LS1 said:
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah before I had kids of my own, I was a "Aint no kid of mine gonna live on chicken nuggets" kind of parent. Eldest Queso Kids aren't picky. My youngest eats chicken nuggets, cheese pizza, and butter noodles. Only.

No one can make you eat your owns words quite like your kids. 

My 7YO grandson will eat anything. He could max out a credit card at a sushi restaurant. His favorite snack is a whole cucumber. Doesn't even peel it. But he doesn't have a sweet tooth like his grandpa. I'd like an occasional nugget....

Are you my son's grandfather?  When we asked him what he wanted for dinner for his 7th birthday he said, without hesitation, "SUSHI!!". The staff at the Japanese restaurants love him, he's like some sort of wonderful oddity to them.  I guess they're used to American kids eating chicken nuggets. My 10 year old daughter and him polished off a giant sushi boat that night. All the raw stuff. They even used the chopsticks. 

They have some things they won't eat, like any kid, but by and large we've been very fortunate that they inherited the inquisitive palate of myself and Mrs VCH. 

volvoclearinghouse
7/13/24 12:36 p.m.

I ran across a rich vein of these today. Will sprinkle them here for you alls enjoyment. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/13/24 1:04 p.m.

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
7/13/24 3:09 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/13/24 3:10 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/13/24 3:24 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/24 3:35 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/24 3:52 p.m.
Appleseed said:

It's literally just various forms of mashed beans and sometimes cheese in flatbread.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/13/24 4:41 p.m.

And a little grease to lube the chute.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/24 4:50 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

You need to eat at Mr. Hero the next time you drive through NE Ohio.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
7/13/24 4:50 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
7/13/24 5:36 p.m.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/13/24 5:56 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/13/24 7:13 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

It's literally just various forms of mashed beans and sometimes cheese in flatbread.

In one episode, Hammond described it as "looks like a puddle of sick with some cheese on it"

johndej
johndej UltraDork
7/13/24 7:16 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/13/24 7:25 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to 914Driver :

You need to eat at Mr. Hero the next time you drive through NE Ohio.

But...that requires you to go to...Ohio.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/24 8:14 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

I think I had a pretty good idea when, I was making a Linux boot disc for an older computer that couldn't boot from USB.

Freshly-made relevant meme:

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/13/24 9:12 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
7/13/24 10:42 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Ha! I don't even need whiskey for that. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/24 1:35 a.m.