1 ... 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 ... 1733
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
8/17/24 8:28 a.m.
NY Nick said:

This is a pic of me. "Hey sorry to bother you as I know you're on vacation with you family, but I really don't give a E36 M3. Do this work right now anyway." 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/17/24 8:31 a.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/17/24 8:37 a.m.

8/17/24 8:38 a.m.

Whaaa?

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/17/24 10:34 a.m.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/17/24 10:44 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:
NY Nick said:

This is a pic of me. "Hey sorry to bother you as I know you're on vacation with you family, but I really don't give a E36 M3. Do this work right now anyway." 

Had I continued in my line of work I would have begun the passive aggressive approach of "I'm going out into the wilderness, I won't have any cell phone service"

My brother was quite bold with his sys admin job: he prepared them in advance for his vacation, insisting they hire someone to provide redundancy, then left his phone on his desk

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/17/24 12:41 p.m.
P3PPY said:
Scotty Con Queso said:
NY Nick said:

Had I continued in my line of work I would have begun the passive aggressive approach of "I'm going out into the wilderness, I won't have any cell phone service"

My brother was quite bold with his sys admin job: he prepared them in advance for his vacation, insisting they hire someone to provide redundancy, then left his phone on his desk

I was in MT two weeks ago. No service when in the park, but as soon as I got back to civilization, emails and texts came in.  By the 2nd Friday, finally nothing. Only to fly out Saturday and work on Monday.  I need an40 Funny Vacation Memes That Are Way Too Accurate | Reader's Digestother vacation.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/24 2:39 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/24 2:45 p.m.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/17/24 6:12 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:
NY Nick said:

That's not how I took it.  I took it as no matter what I'm doing, I want to be doing the other thing.  When I get to do that other thing, I'm still obsessed with work, that task, whatever that I should be working on.

I'm super fun on vacations....

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/24 7:43 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/17/24 7:59 p.m.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/17/24 8:06 p.m.
prodarwin said:

Most people are pickier about their mechanics than their doctors. Most are average at best and if you run into anything unusual they're lost or rely on dated information they learned in school. If you feel your doctor isn't right for you it's probably a good idea to ask around for someone better suited for your needs.  It's not always a simple process but it can make a huge difference in your outcome.   

Agreed, however its hard to blame people.  When you are waiting 6+ months for an appointment sometimes you just need to do the best you can with the doc you've got in the meantime. 

I switched heart care teams, back in May. I was in the hospital the first week of the month, and they said I needed a procedure done, but couldn't do it until OCTOBER! I was in a condition that my heartrate was going as if I was running a marathon, constantly. Berk you! I called a different Healthcare system, and they got me in for consultation, immediately, and did part of the procedure at the beginning of June. I've been living almost normally again. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/24 8:18 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Worst abuse of a ToS agreement ever.

(This is a real story.  A man's wife died after she ate food at a Disney property restaurant that she was allergic to, after being reassured that their food was prepared allergen-safe.  Disney lawyers claimed that per the ToS when he signed up for Disney+ a long time ago, he can not sue Disney for any reason)

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/17/24 8:25 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
Scotty Con Queso said:
NY Nick said:

That's not how I took it.  I took it as no matter what I'm doing, I want to be doing the other thing.  When I get to do that other thing, I'm still obsessed with work, that task, whatever that I should be working on.

I'm super fun on vacations....

I took it the same way, but I'm one that left the work phone at work if I was on vacation or going out of town for the weekend. When I'm off, I'm off. Now I have a job with no work cell, no management responsibilities & more money. Like most of my career planning dumb luck & timing were the key.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
8/17/24 8:47 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/24 8:57 p.m.

8/17/24 9:06 p.m.

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/17/24 9:43 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

This.  When Im at work I am thinking about vacation, but on vacation I'm still thinking about work.  And by work I mean engineering problems, not stacks of paper as shown.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/17/24 10:31 p.m.
prodarwin said:
wvumtnbkr said:

This.  When Im at work I am thinking about vacation, but on vacation I'm still thinking about work.  And by work I mean engineering problems, not stacks of paper as shown.

Like how to make the rx8 ac even cooler, or how to swap a trans, or the yardwork, etc...  I just need to be doing something that I can then relax after accomishing.

Like cruises need me to paint part of the boat.  I can finish that and then start drinking and relax.  

Maybe that would be a great idea... ya gotta do a difficult shift on the boat to start it off or something.  Pay for 1/2 of your first day on the cruise, then relax.  However, it would be even better if your 3rd day was "on call".

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/17/24 11:35 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/18/24 7:08 a.m.

nderwater
nderwater MegaDork
8/18/24 11:46 a.m.

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
8/18/24 12:09 p.m.