1 ... 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 ... 1733
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/24 3:25 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

Whenever I read these stories, it's vacationers from some country where they are used to not having to pay attention to the rules because of their wealth.

Sorry buck-o, we generally only make rules here about something if not following them can get you killed.  Getting killed means paperwork and we like to avoid paperwork.

I have witnessed that at Yellowstone. The elite of other countries ignoring the rules because rules are for the little people. 

The nice thing about the US is that everyone feels they can ignore the rules, not just the elites :) It's the American dream. I had a kid tell me he could take shortcuts across pathways on Yellowstone because he was a veteran...

No Time
No Time UberDork
9/8/24 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Old_Town :

I had to look it up:

No Time
No Time UberDork
9/8/24 3:32 p.m.

Obligatory meme:

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
9/8/24 3:53 p.m.
ShawnG said:

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Lol. Someone down voted it.

OK, here's another.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/24 4:09 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

Whenever I read these stories, it's vacationers from some country where they are used to not having to pay attention to the rules because of their wealth.

Sorry buck-o, we generally only make rules here about something if not following them can get you killed.  Getting killed means paperwork and we like to avoid paperwork.

I have witnessed that at Yellowstone. The elite of other countries ignoring the rules because rules are for the little people. 

The nice thing about the US is that everyone feels they can ignore the rules, not just the elites :) It's the American dream. I had a kid tell me he could take shortcuts across pathways on Yellowstone because he was a veteran...

Don't the pathways exist because lots of the areas off the pathways are a thin crust that you can fall through into boiling mud?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/24 5:02 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yes.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/24 5:37 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

There is a webcomic I read, where England has fallen into an anarchic state and there are only two laws: One may not profit at the expense of another anarchist, and there are no more laws.

However they do have "advisories".  They found that if you tell somebody not to do something, they will try to do it. But if you advise them that it's a bad idea to do something, they won't.  Or at least, they accept the consequences.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/24 6:33 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/8/24 6:50 p.m.

tarach
tarach New Reader
9/8/24 7:03 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/8/24 7:41 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/8/24 8:16 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
9/8/24 10:28 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/9/24 2:06 a.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/9/24 2:08 a.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/9/24 2:10 a.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/9/24 7:36 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/9/24 8:32 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/9/24 8:33 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork

NickD
NickD MegaDork

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/24 8:55 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/24 8:56 a.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/9/24 9:12 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

FloridaMan checking in.  Can definitely confirm its not just the rich elites that ignore rules on where to go, and what wildlife to leave alone.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
9/9/24 9:41 a.m.

1 ... 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 ... 1733

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VmFoTM2FekK1jwm5JuFnQCnSVawejMDb53QRowSNpinMc46fOoxxuqPequaUCKLV