Duke MegaDork
10/12/24 6:01 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/24 6:36 p.m.
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

You can change the idle screen on a Roku?

Stop watching it for a good, long while. It will go to that screensaver.

One of my friends watches the Roku screensaver more than actual TV shows or movies.

I am not sure if this is more a statement to the quality of TV shows and movies or the quality of the screensaver.

("Look the starfish is holding an arm up!")

When I was looking for a pic of the screensaver eel, I found that there are multiple 3-4 hours long videos on YouTube of the screensaver.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/24 7:39 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Not on my TV.

Even if there's no money being made, the people on the trolley have places to be and will whine endlessly.  If I had a dollar for every time I heard some version of "They shouldn't have been on the tracks, why do I have to be late" I wouldn't have to hear it any more. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/24 8:00 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Look for the GRM thread about the 2014 RallyCross National Championship.  It became a meme to say "but we have cars to run!" when the course was showing signs of issues.

RallyCross is fun in part because the course conditions are different for every run, and since all runs count you need a combination of aggressiveness and adaptability to a course that may be faster or slower than you remember it from the last run, because the course will improve or degrade as cars drive on it. You need to both be prepared to exploit improvements to the fullest but also be cautious enough to not screw up majorly where it degrades. 

It's difficult for the event organizers in that the course can degrade to the point that it may need to be changed mid run group, which is kind of verboten at a national level event, so if you make a running change, everyone who ran the pre changed course needs to make that run all over again.  Or the run gets scrubbed from the totals.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/24 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It seems like for dirt there should be some allowance for course damage. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/12/24 9:01 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/12/24 9:02 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/12/24 9:04 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
10/12/24 9:42 p.m.