1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 ... 1763

Aaand crap, I was supposed to post a meme.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/21/20 3:22 p.m.

No Time
No Time Dork
10/21/20 4:13 p.m.

Not really a meme, but I'm sure someone could find a way to use it for one

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/20 5:34 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

4L60E

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
10/21/20 6:35 p.m.

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
10/21/20 6:45 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UberDork
10/21/20 6:56 p.m.
Trent (Generally supportive dude) said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

I bought my copy at a head shop in 1989 and had to sign a form to do so. I was convinced I was put on some sort of watch list and constantly called the number listed in the book that was supposed to feed back if your line was tapped.

It is pretty silly stuff. How to make explosives from the red dye on playing cards (I'm guessing the alcohol used to extract the dye was the actual fuel)  and how to properly dry banana peels for smoking. I did melt styrofoam into gasoline with a few other things it listed as a recipe for DIY Napalm and managed to melt a basketball and a section of asphalt in a culdesac. Oh to be 16 and bored in a pre-internet world again. 

I read about some kids getting in trouble, kicked out of school, even making the local news for E36 M3, way tamer than my friends and I did, regularly, and realize how blessed I am not to have grown up with social media, or even a camera. 

Hell I'd have been put in therapy today.  My step mom found some of my high school note books after I moved off to college, full of random drawings and doodles, she was concerned enough that she actually mentioned something to my younger sister.  I guess I had a dark side, and all of my doodles were violent.  I mean, an 8.5x11" pen & ink of HR Giger's Alien Queen ripping your teachers head and spine from his torso is pretty normal doodle right? :D

High school chemistry teacher taught us that aluminum and hydrochloric acid had an exothermic reaction.  The Dollar General couldn't keep Works toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil in stock.  Hell, my friends and our potato guns were the largest consumer of Aqua Net hair spray probably in the county, Dollar General couldn't keep it in stock either.

As far as books, we didn't have Anarchist's Cook Book, but our library had the entire Foxfire collection.  We learned all kinds of stuff from that.  We were Jr. High kids, making muscadine wine from wild muscadines we picked, and learned it all from our Jr. High library. laugh  You want us to read and learn something teacher?  We'll show you. cheeky

SWMBO actually got me a newer printing of the entire collection for Christmas a few years ago.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/21/20 7:17 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:
Trent (Generally supportive dude) said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

I bought my copy at a head shop in 1989 and had to sign a form to do so. I was convinced I was put on some sort of watch list and constantly called the number listed in the book that was supposed to feed back if your line was tapped.

It is pretty silly stuff. How to make explosives from the red dye on playing cards (I'm guessing the alcohol used to extract the dye was the actual fuel)  and how to properly dry banana peels for smoking. I did melt styrofoam into gasoline with a few other things it listed as a recipe for DIY Napalm and managed to melt a basketball and a section of asphalt in a culdesac. Oh to be 16 and bored in a pre-internet world again. 

I read about some kids getting in trouble, kicked out of school, even making the local news for E36 M3, way tamer than my friends and I did, regularly, and realize how blessed I am not to have grown up with social media, or even a camera. 

Hell I'd have been put in therapy today.  My step mom found some of my high school note books after I moved off to college, full of random drawings and doodles, she was concerned enough that she actually mentioned something to my younger sister.  I guess I had a dark side, and all of my doodles were violent.  I mean, an 8.5x11" pen & ink of HR Giger's Alien Queen ripping your teachers head and spine from his torso is pretty normal doodle right? :D

High school chemistry teacher taught us that aluminum and hydrochloric acid had an exothermic reaction.  The Dollar General couldn't keep Works toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil in stock.  Hell, my friends and our potato guns were the largest consumer of Aqua Net hair spray probably in the county, Dollar General couldn't keep it in stock either.

As far as books, we didn't have Anarchist's Cook Book, but our library had the entire Foxfire collection.  We learned all kinds of stuff from that.  We were Jr. High kids, making muscadine wine from wild muscadines we picked, and learned it all from our Jr. High library. laugh  You want us to read and learn something teacher?  We'll show you. cheeky

SWMBO actually got me a newer printing of the entire collection for Christmas a few years ago.

Having read them all; that's a certain type of reader.

No Time
No Time Dork
10/22/20 9:38 a.m.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/22/20 9:56 a.m.

In reply to No Time :

You suck. Now i can't unsee that.

But neither can my brother the huge xmen fan!!!

So thanks?

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/22/20 10:24 a.m.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/22/20 10:37 a.m.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/22/20 10:40 a.m.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/20 11:05 a.m.

No Time
No Time Dork
10/22/20 12:13 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork

No Time
No Time Dork

No Time
No Time Dork

10/22/20 12:14 p.m.

10/22/20 12:15 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/22/20 12:26 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

I cannot upvote this meme enough times. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/22/20 12:27 p.m.

This is local to me:

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/22/20 12:48 p.m.

Made this meme for Patrick's fedex thread, might as well repost it here...

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
10/22/20 12:50 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) said:
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:
ShawnG said:

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

I know this forum knows everything but it's starting to get a little creepy.

Talking of which, I've heard about this book for years, it intrigues me for E36 M3s and giggles,  but I've never tried to buy a copy incase Bob the NSA interne who follows all my posts flags me as a bad guy.  The thought of a book that is basically a DIY how too for terrorists is such an amazingly hilarious American idea.  Dishing up havoc with The Anarchist Cookbook – MAAS Magazine

I've read it. Lots of silly E36 M3, like how to turn a soup can into a knife (answer: canopener). Yawn

The cookbook still gets paraded around even today, even though the likes of Ragmar Benson have detailed extensively how half the recipes don't work or how most of it references out-of-date suppliers for materials (Constant references to Radio Shack). Case in point- while the "Napalm" instructions aren't bad in that it'll make some burny sticky stuff, you need your petroleum to undergo saponification to become a flammable froth that can be sprayed whereas the instructions here basically makes flammable toothpaste.

If anything, it's just easy fodder for fear mongering. You'll find far better from old Survival booklets and free military texts that have less edginess to them, mostly because all of it works.

1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 ... 1763

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zadRR2ln05u9F2LLXtkWad57ahoHjTl9s3kLb4eaaGrIkavWYWFprUmD6Nio6pR3