1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 1744

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
1/4/21 6:50 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

Back when I was a young'un I was on a field trip with my summer camp.  Tracy Chapman's Fast Car came on the radio.  I confidently told a friend "she's a one hit wonder" and one of my camp counselors just lost it.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
1/4/21 7:21 p.m.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
1/4/21 7:22 p.m.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/21 7:32 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Thank you for my Tracy Chapman mix night.

Image may contain: one or more people

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/21 8:27 p.m.

A few weeks ago I heard "That was No Scrubs on New York's oldies station.  Next up the Chumbawamba hit tub thumping."  I felt attacked.   

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/4/21 8:28 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)

Wally (Forum Supporter)

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/4/21 8:29 p.m.

Hopefully this squeezes past the censors. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/4/21 9:56 p.m.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/4/21 10:30 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

A few weeks ago I heard "That was No Scrubs on New York's oldies station.  Next up the Chumbawamba hit tub thumping."  I felt attacked.   

Tubthumper was the first cd I ever bought.  

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/5/21 6:33 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Tubthumper was the first cd I ever bought.  

I was in the local physical therapy place last night getting my shoulder worked on and I commented to the young staff how the station they were playing was oriented towards my generation of original MTV viewers as they rolled from Madonna's "Like a Prayer" into Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane".  Songs released prior to either of them being born, but I remember them when new.  

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Does anyone else find it troubling that literally the name of next year is pronounced "2020 won?"'

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and text

Image may contain: 3 people, text that says 'MY OL LADY Um... Um...whatcha got there? EMPTY ER MY HOOKED CAR TRUCK THE TRAIL τΟ UP ME, UP EARLY ONASATURDAY ON A SATURDAY A smoothie.'

No Time
No Time SuperDork
1/5/21 10:30 a.m.

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
1/5/21 10:56 a.m.

I REALLY enjoyed my week of "quarantine" after my head cold turned into a fever for a day. 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
1/5/21 11:18 a.m.

I thought it was funny the first time I heard Billy Idol on the local oldies station. Then I wondered how he feels about it.

The classic rock station they try to listen to at work kept the classic rock name, but changed the format to predominantly 90's. I did the math and it made sense

Image may contain: text that says '4 Weeks until Kingdom Hearts 3!!! @IBParker Follow Contractor: well it's not really in an ideal location. Traffic patterns would be a nightmare, you can't really get in and out of the parking lot easily, and there really wouldn't be much parking for customers and employees. Chick-fil- owner: I'll take it.'

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/5/21 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

To be fair, Billy Idol has to be almost 70 now. Generation X was in the 70's . If he was old enough to be dancing with himself that long ago, he's definitely a classic. 

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
1/5/21 2:56 p.m.

I have a cousin that works in radio as a program director. He has made his living bringing "oldies" stations out of the doo-wop era.  He was working at one somewhere 15 or so years ago and people freaked out when he put early U2 in the rotation.  His answer was, "Their first album came out in 1980, play it or quit."  His ratings record lets him pretty much write his own ticket. He's living in Hawaii now.

1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 1744

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EfoiloNZGw70GpJt8RLLPoyT34gmD54X3CD9HYn2Z8uODI342rAFoETOhpzH6ZuG