Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/9/21 11:15 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/9/21 11:20 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Well, do you expect the Spanish Inquisition?

The story originally has the sign saying something along the lines of "its a beautiful day and I can't see it."

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/9/21 11:21 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to RevRico :

Yeah, went over my head. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/9/21 11:23 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/9/21 11:24 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/9/21 11:31 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Well, do you expect the Spanish Inquisition?

The story originally has the sign saying something along the lines of "its a beautiful day and I can't see it."

E36 M3, I wonder if I could exploit something along the lines of, "All these sounds are amazing,  but I can't  hear any of it?" 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/10/21 7:19 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

OMBG.  I generate most of the written communication and proposal copy that goes out of our office, but I can't write all of it.  I try my best to get my hands on everything the other people in my office write so I can at least tune it up.

I cannot believe how a group of adult professionals can write so incomprehensibly.  Why would you need FOUR layers of verbs in a single sentence?  Even assuming you did, why would you think they should all be different tenses?

I'VE SEEN THINGS YOU PEOPLE WOULDN'T BELIEVE - Schitzo Cat | Make a Meme

May be an image of text that says 'Ihadmyd I had my patience tested. I'm negative.'

May be an image of text that says 'JUST DO IT....LATER'

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/10/21 7:50 a.m.

3/10/21 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

You remind me of the contrast between the two versions of the chicken crossing the road joke.

Hemingway: To die. In the rain. Alone.

Faulkner: 

Uncle Ike saw her first: just an ordinary chicken, he thought for a moment, a chicken picking here and pecking there, gradually working her way across the road toward the lawn; but then he felt the fingers tighten on his arm and looked up, astounded, to see him, the Colonel, eyes lit with a new fire, face aglow like a saint seeing a vision: and then it was destiny, a thing pre-ordained, a fatality, for the Colonel did not reveal even to him, Uncle Ike, the secret ingredients, not the names of the herbs and not even the number of them (some would say he used as many as twenty, and others insisted there was but Jone magic herb that created that special flavor) and so the secret of the crust remained, a hermetic mystery, an arcanum implacable and inpenetrable, locked in the private places of the Colonel's soul: and yet the vision was real, a true moment of Fate; for the franchises sold almost as fast as they could slaughter and gut the stock, and they spread across the country, across the civilized world, making the Colonel not just a millionaire but a billionaire, and Uncle Ike saw it all, knew it all, from the beginning to the day when the initials KFC were to be seen in every city, every town, every hamlet large enough to own two mules and an Assembly of God church: until now, standing in the franchise in Jefferson, Yoknapatawpha County, where Flem Snopes, the bank president, hawked and coughed and spat on the floor, then hoisted his britches, country style, and said to the waitress, "Make it extra crispy, please."

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/10/21 8:38 a.m.

wae
wae UberDork
3/10/21 8:47 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I have no meme handy, but I have to violate the rules here...  I thought I was the only one that had that reaction!

No photo description available.

AaronT
AaronT Reader
3/10/21 9:02 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I do enjoy the a nice flounder from time to time, but on my plate.

But I'm convinced! I think we should hire comedians instead of engineers to design our bridges and nuclear power plants!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/21 9:06 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/10/21 3:15 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/10/21 4:44 p.m.

In reply to AaronT :

Who says we don't already?

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/10/21 5:00 p.m.
Duke said:
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

OMBG.  I generate most of the written communication and proposal copy that goes out of our office, but I can't write all of it.  I try my best to get my hands on everything the other people in my office write so I can at least tune it up.

I cannot believe how a group of adult professionals can write so incomprehensibly.  Why would you need FOUR layers of verbs in a single sentence?  Even assuming you did, why would you think they should all be different tenses?

I'VE SEEN THINGS YOU PEOPLE WOULDN'T BELIEVE - Schitzo Cat | Make a Meme

Lots of Architects are verbal masturbators. As an architect.. this drives me crazy. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/10/21 5:08 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I write the beer descriptions for our draft menu. In one or two sentences I have to accurately describe, explain unique ingredients or process, and make you want to drink something that I have poured an absurd amount of time, energy, and love into creating.

To alchohol... the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -  Homer | Homer simpson quotes, Homer simpson beer, Simpsons quotes

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/10/21 5:45 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/21 6:01 p.m.
RevRico said:

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/11/21 6:20 a.m.