Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 7:41 p.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/6/21 8:31 p.m.
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

Depending on the ecu this is a perfectly acceptable boost building strategy. It's hokey AF but it works.

Steam Community :: :: Dalek EXPLAIN

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/6/21 10:34 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/21 10:50 p.m.
NickD said:

Depending on the ecu this is a perfectly acceptable boost building strategy. It's hokey AF but it works.

Maybe it's in hpa but the software is too dumb to convert from hpa to psi?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
4/7/21 1:06 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
NickD said:

Steam Community :: :: Dalek EXPLAIN

Depending on how a P, PI, or PID controller is setup, you can kind of game the computer to think it needs to strongly increase or decrease the input based on the feedback.

Say you have a water pump for an apartment building and you want an actual reading of 100PSI, and you want it as quickly as possible no matter how many people are taking showers.  You can tell the computer to shoot for 250 PSI and it will aim for that.  Because it never gets there it will try harder and harder to get there.  Increasing voltage and pressure at the pump until it runs to the hard limits of the system.

That make any sense?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/7/21 6:02 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/7/21 6:03 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/7/21 6:03 a.m.

Toyman01 ( + Sized and...)
Toyman01 ( + Sized and...) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/21 7:18 a.m.

May be an image of text that says 'ADJUSTABLE DAMPER ADJUSTABLE DAMPENER T Piehee'

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/7/21 7:26 a.m.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
4/7/21 8:37 a.m.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/7/21 8:52 a.m.
Depending on how a P, PI, or PID controller is setup, you can kind of game the computer to think it needs to strongly increase or decrease the input based on the feedback.

Say you have a water pump for an apartment building and you want an actual reading of 100PSI, and you want it as quickly as possible no matter how many people are taking showers.  You can tell the computer to shoot for 250 PSI and it will aim for that.  Because it never gets there it will try harder and harder to get there.  Increasing voltage and pressure at the pump until it runs to the hard limits of the system.

That make any sense?

Yes, exactly this.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
4/7/21 10:40 a.m.

Toyman01 ( + Sized and...)
Toyman01 ( + Sized and...) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/21 11:53 a.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Just imagine... mobbin down the highway in your slammed s-chassis with the bois and getting voluntold into the space-x program courtesy of Elon Fukt.'

That would be a hoot on a motorcycle or my RV. I'm not sure I could keep either one of them on the road. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/7/21 1:11 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/7/21 1:27 p.m.
No Time said:

Too much internet today.  This is unnecessarily pissing me off.  Exactly what does fashion have to do with any of these things? Now my lawn is looking awfully crowded so off with you all.  I guess I just can't stand prep-tards more than I dislike hipsters.  

GET OFF MY LAWN You damned whippersnappers! - grumpy old man | Meme  Generator

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltimaDork
4/7/21 1:35 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

If it makes you feel better, I had the same reaction to it. And I can make a fire and don't wear skinny jeans. I don't find it particularly amusing, but I guess some people do.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/7/21 2:01 p.m.
ultraclyde said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

If it makes you feel better, I had the same reaction to it. And I can make a fire and don't wear skinny jeans. I don't find it particularly amusing, but I guess some people do.  

Same. And while I don't hunt or own a firearm, I did spend fifteen minutes last night looking at shotguns and hunting license costs, and I can shoot, and I do own and shoot bows and arrows. 

Its one of those where I want to ask someone to explain why it is funny, because I don't get why it would be funny. 

Lee
Lee UberDork
4/7/21 2:07 p.m.

While I get the meme, stereotypes exist for a reason and I've never understood the skinny jeans trend, but I had no real reaction to the meme.  Solid, meh, from me.

A lot of my friends and co-workers call me a prepper, all claim they're coming to my house when SHTF, I laugh and mostly ignore them.  I don't think of myself as a prepper, I'm mostly just a hoarder with antiestablishment tendencies, and very much feel that "get off my lawn" sentiment. laugh

On the subject of jeans, I recently heard SWMBO saying that boot cut jeans were "back in style."  To which I quipped, "they went out of style?"  I don't think I've ever owned a pair of jeans that weren't boot cut.  That of course lends itself to another stereotype. cheeky

4/7/21 2:09 p.m.

Glad I'm not the only one.  And for the record I've worn skinny jeans since the 80's.  I was enough fights in my teen/college years to last a lifetime.  I do own a fire arm and I'm more at home out doors, hiking, camping, making fires, building E36 M3 than 95% of the general (not GRM) population.  I'm really sick of people who think wearing camo and having an NRA sticker in their back window some how makes them an alpha human, and people who live in urban/sub urban areas are somehow inferior for the dress style or facial hair.  

4/7/21 2:10 p.m.

Funny thing is the most anti establishment person I know who would do fine with the end of civilization is a far left hippy.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
4/7/21 2:20 p.m.

Dick swinging about dick swinging is lame.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/21 2:25 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

Funny thing is the most anti establishment person I know who would do fine with the end of civilization is a far left hippy.

I thought that was between us.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/7/21 2:29 p.m.

Family Guy Noahs Ark Mazda Rx8 Meme | Machine learning models, Emoji  stories, Me too meme

1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 ... 1734

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dpqU6W7Jeu6I5fba6VCkIwdp8q4mOD9ervnT7r7uk1MPAKVNauj0lrGcLlEYhKgp