Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/21 10:05 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/21 10:11 a.m.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/21 12:19 p.m.

May be a cartoon of 2 people and text that says 'NEISE Το SIGNAL RobCottingham.com @robcottingham ALEXA, HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT? 3 DAYS, 7HOURS 41 MINUTES AND 22 SECONDS. I MEANT ON MY PASTA TMER. 2 MINUTES, 39SECONDS.'

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/14/21 1:37 p.m.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/21 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Pitbulls make up 6% of the dogs in the USA but cause 80% of the dog bite fatalities and maimings. They also make up 20-30% of the voluntary surrenders at shelters. While most are cute little cuddle buddies, many are not. https://dogbitelaw.com/vicious-dogs/pit-bulls-facts-and-figures

Related.

I Has A Hotdog - Media - Funny Dog Pictures | Dog Memes | Puppy Pictures |  Pictures of dogs - Dog Pictures - Funny pictures of dogs - Dog Memes - Puppy  pictures - doge - Cheezburger

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/14/21 2:31 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

That's largely because so many are trained to be vicious as gangsta fashion accessories.

Toyman01 + Sized and
7/14/21 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

There is a paragraph in the link that discusses the typical pit owner. 

Published, peer-reviewed studies in authoritative journals of psychology and forensic science establish that pit bulls owners as a whole -- statistically -- are more likely to be socially deviant, engage in crimes involving children, domestic violence, alcohol abuse and violent crimes against other persons.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/14/21 2:43 p.m.

Tunasister has two digs, one is a pit. She's the cutest thing, and the most gentle rough-player that I've ever experienced. She's super careful with teeth during tugs and other fun.

its pitbull awareness month | Funny animal pictures, Pitbull awareness  month, Funny animals

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/14/21 2:47 p.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

In reply to Duke :

There is a paragraph in the link that discusses the typical pit owner. 

Published, peer-reviewed studies in authoritative journals of psychology and forensic science establish that pit bulls owners as a whole -- statistically -- are more likely to be socially deviant, engage in crimes involving children, domestic violence, alcohol abuse and violent crimes against other persons.

Exactly none of which is the breed's fault.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/14/21 3:16 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/14/21 3:16 p.m.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/14/21 3:19 p.m.

I grew up hating dogs mostly. Then I met my wife and her dog. I realized it wasn't the dog. It's the dog owner. Pitties, et al, have been used and abused because of their physical strength and muscular build for bad reasons by immoral owners. A shame cause the ones I've met have been great. At our pet supply store many owners won't even say pit bull instead referring to them as Staffordshires cause they're embarrassed or concerned of being turned away. Any animal can be mistreated. Unfortunately too many are.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/21 3:39 p.m.

https://i.redd.it/524gt92dn7b71.jpg

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/21 3:43 p.m.

I have known two pitbulls pretty well.

The first was the gentlest lady you'd ever want to meet. I walked her around Boston while her owner was watching the Grateful Dead. She handled the crowd and me so well. We easily passed through the police boundary with smiles and pats from the LEOs all around. She was an angel. When I first met her her dad said: "get the stick" and she proceeded to jump up to a ~2" branch on a tree and hanged there until she chewed it off, then brought it to him.

The second was wandering my neighborhood and while I was reveling in my new acquisition of a 1985 Westfalia came down my driveway with an enormous tongue. I thought: "Well, berkeley, this is going to go two ways...". I said: "Hey buddy!" and got the whole body wag from 1/2 way down the driveway until he plopped up beside me sitting in the van. My wife and I would have happily kept him if the police could not find the owner. I think he hung out with us about 2 hours and was berkeleying super cool. He was a big bastard and had RAMSES on his collar so we called him that. We put him in our dog run and fed and watered him while we waited for the police to come get him. Head like a cinder block and so damn cool.

I hate that these awesome (and formidable) dogs have such a E36 M3ty reputation.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/14/21 3:44 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

The "Staffordshire Terrier mix" that we got from the shelter is one of the most gentle dogs I have had, but we still recognize that she can be dangerous. She is impervious to pain and can run into you with the force of a pack of charging rhinos when she gets excited. The shelter picked her up from the street and didn't know any history on her, but I found that when I was cleaning a rifle she cowered in a corner shaking. Not good. I don't hold guns around her any more.

Unrelated:

Toyman01 + Sized and
7/14/21 4:18 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/21 4:18 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD (Forum Supporter) :

Toyman01 + Sized and
7/14/21 4:21 p.m.

This is a joke. Please don't take it personally. 

johndej
johndej Dork
7/14/21 5:22 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
7/14/21 6:23 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

Times I've used quadratic equations since leaving highschool: 0

Times I've used basic trig, geometry and grade 11 math: All the damn time.

Budgeting, mortgage amortization and investing all use less advanced math than the metal fabrication I do at work.

How I wish they had taught the awesome power and danger of compound interest.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/21 6:32 p.m.
tuna55 said:

Tunasister has two digs, one is a pit. She's the cutest thing, and the most gentle rough-player that I've ever experienced. She's super careful with teeth during tugs and other fun.

its pitbull awareness month | Funny animal pictures, Pitbull awareness  month, Funny animals

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/14/21 7:41 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/21 11:27 a.m.

May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'Wheyouwish you wish upon star, you're actually afew billion years late. That Ûhd star is And so are your dreams... MR'

1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 ... 1761

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M7pynkOwA2frkgi55QSdu0QXBVCIwGMMiTPwoz3kCfbZfJPdI3oyDDFKHcDg8bcP